Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Anno 2205 DLC

UbiBlog announces the release of Anno 2205: Orbit, the second DLC pack for the strategy sequel. Here's word on the DLC and the accompanying patch:
Anno 2205: Orbit – Anno’s second major DLC release – is now available, along with a free update for all Anno 2205 players. In Anno 2205: Orbit, players will leave the confines of the planet and head towards space, where they will be tasked with building and maintaining a modular space station. Before getting there, they’ll have to train and prepare their citizens on the planet below for life amongst the stars by placing Orbital Institutes in their cities, as well as Arctic and Moon sectors. Doing so creates three types of astronauts – biologist, physicist, and engineer – that represent different facets of the space station.

Upon entering orbit for the first time, players will have access to the space station’s main module. From there, they can unlock up to 12 different module types to build, customize, and optimize their station. As the station grows, players can earn additional Expertise, which can then be used to unlock new bonus effects for other regions via the Nexus.

Even if you don’t own an Anno 2205 Season Pass, the patch arriving alongside the Orbit DLC will have some new features, including Steam achievements and time-limited summer events with new ornaments. For more information on Anno 2205, check out our previous coverage:
View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Anno 2205 DLC Jul 21, 2016, 08:43 Slashman

I really need to put some more time into 2070. It's a great game.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. No subject Jul 21, 2016, 07:47 Mashiki Amiketo

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 04:45:
Well since patch 1.7 + Veteran difficulty + Tundra + Orbit the answer is mostly yes... it isn't easy mode anymore, it's actually a pretty good challenge which is only offset by the Orbit research which requires a ton of input to really push it... ...

Sounds like it'll be worth picking up when the entire thing goes on sale in 6mo-1year from now. I picked up 2070 along with all the DLC for $9 last year or the year before and can't complain on the price point or time I've put in.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

4. Re: Anno 2205 DLC Jul 21, 2016, 04:45 eRe4s3r

yuastnav wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 03:49:
I really enjoyed Anno 2070 but haven't played any of the other games.

From what I could gather the new Anno has some issues and is also streamlined in some aspects. What's the truth? Is it worth playing?

Well since patch 1.7 + Veteran difficulty + Tundra + Orbit the answer is mostly yes... it isn't easy mode anymore, it's actually a pretty good challenge which is only offset by the Orbit research which requires a ton of input to really push it...

And dunno about worth, but it is definitely gotten addictive and fun, and there are tons more events and missions. It ain't a 1404 but it is really kinda ok now.

That said once you get ownership of stocks of a few companies the bonus % you get from that are also pretty neat.... so yeah, either you like it at this stage, or you don't...

I like it

3. Re: Anno 2205 DLC Jul 21, 2016, 04:45 Kajetan

yuastnav wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 03:49:
Is it worth playing?
It depends

If you just want to have a very nice looking game to click around for a bit, then yes, get it. If you want to play a more complex game and work your way through detailed production chains to optimize the shit out of your colony ... then no. This is not the game for you.

This is the Maximum Casual Streamline Edition of an ANNO game.

2. Re: Anno 2205 DLC Jul 21, 2016, 03:49 yuastnav

I really enjoyed Anno 2070 but haven't played any of the other games.

From what I could gather the new Anno has some issues and is also streamlined in some aspects. What's the truth? Is it worth playing?

1. Re: Anno 2205 DLC Jul 20, 2016, 22:52 eRe4s3r

Time to dust this off again I guess.. 1.7gb patch for starters  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >