72 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older

Re: Morning Metaverse
Jul 21, 2016, 14:14
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2016, 14:14
Jul 21, 2016, 14:14

bigspender wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 04:15:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 01:00:
So, uh, Netflix, uh, is having a pretty good year. Eh?

That's it! You're banned from twitter too.

Crying
COVID infections: 133M - - - COVID deaths: 3M - - - Death rate: 2%
Vaccines administered: 711M - - - Vaccine deaths: 7 - - - Death rate: 0.00000001%
Your choice is clear.

Jul 21, 2016, 13:01
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2016, 13:01
Jul 21, 2016, 13:01

Quboid wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 12:52:
Seventyfive wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 12:10:
In fact you CAN walk into a courtroom and say "people are doing something so I should be allowed also". It's called "precedent".

LOL dude you are too funny.

Haha, no. No it's not. Precedent is specific previous court decisions, not people previously dodging court.

Deary me.

I don't even know how to start, so I'm happy you were fairly concise.

Maybe I can clear it up for him:

Walking into a courtroom and saying "you can't arrest me for drinking in public, everyone was drinking in public!" won't make anyone say "whelp, you're right, it's ok."

That isn't what precedent is. But, I mean, these types of people usually don't get what Freedom of Speech protects, why would they get precedent?

Jul 21, 2016, 12:52
Quboid

Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2016, 12:52
Jul 21, 2016, 12:52
 Quboid

Seventyfive wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 12:10:
In fact you CAN walk into a courtroom and say "people are doing something so I should be allowed also". It's called "precedent".

Haha, no. No it's not. Precedent is specific previous court decisions, not people previously dodging court.

Deary me.

Jul 21, 2016, 12:45
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2016, 12:45
Jul 21, 2016, 12:45

Sure... you can say that, but it won't work.

Stop trying to conflate what Milo did with what Leslie did. Basically no one ever been banned from twitter for posting mean things. He got banned for repeatedly violating the TOS and for using twitter as a platform to incite people to attack someone. That's not just grounds for termination of a twitter account, that's illegal.

She can say all the mean things she wants, it has absolutely nothing to do with this. There is no double-standard here. Just another lunatic that doesn't actually understand the rights and laws he pretends to defend.

Jul 21, 2016, 12:10
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2016, 12:10
Jul 21, 2016, 12:10

Beamer wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 07:43:
Orogogus wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 04:33:
Redmask wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 23:34:
The tweets were not photoshopped, there is no evidence to support that claim and in fact its quite the opposite if you look at her twitter history.

What does that mean? I don't see them in the Twitter history. As yuastnav said, these tweets don't show up on Google, unlike anything else that's been retweeted -- everything gets amplified by aggregators and sites made to follow Twitter. And the one on the right has supposedly been retweeted 785 times and favorited or liked 4,000 times, yet nothing. The evidence seems clear to me that Beamer's correct.

And, for the record, I'm not saying she didn't say other bad things. As Quboid said, you can say "Milo deserved this" without saying "Leslie is a wonderful, perfect human being."

But "the other guy did something, too! Why aren't they banned!" has never been a valid defense. You can't walk into a courtroom, and kids can't even argue to their parents, that other people are doing something without being caught so therefore they can't be punished.

You’re supposed to know to act like a human being and not a total jerk without someone telling you whether you’re liable to get caught or not. If you act like a jerk and you get banned, you don’t get to say you just wished the site treated everyone the same. You acted like a jerk and you got banned. That’s a you problem, not an everyone else problem.

What he was specifically banned for appears to be posting fake tweets from her.

I now understand why some people are OK with the whole Hillary situation. Rules shouldn't be applied equally to everyone because reasons. In fact you CAN walk into a courtroom and say "people are doing something so I should be allowed also". It's called "precedent".

Jul 21, 2016, 07:43
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2016, 07:43
Jul 21, 2016, 07:43

Orogogus wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 04:33:
The tweets were not photoshopped, there is no evidence to support that claim and in fact its quite the opposite if you look at her twitter history.

What does that mean? I don't see them in the Twitter history. As yuastnav said, these tweets don't show up on Google, unlike anything else that's been retweeted -- everything gets amplified by aggregators and sites made to follow Twitter. And the one on the right has supposedly been retweeted 785 times and favorited or liked 4,000 times, yet nothing. The evidence seems clear to me that Beamer's correct.

And, for the record, I'm not saying she didn't say other bad things. As Quboid said, you can say "Milo deserved this" without saying "Leslie is a wonderful, perfect human being."

But "the other guy did something, too! Why aren't they banned!" has never been a valid defense. You can't walk into a courtroom, and kids can't even argue to their parents, that other people are doing something without being caught so therefore they can't be punished.

You’re supposed to know to act like a human being and not a total jerk without someone telling you whether you’re liable to get caught or not. If you act like a jerk and you get banned, you don’t get to say you just wished the site treated everyone the same. You acted like a jerk and you got banned. That’s a you problem, not an everyone else problem.

What he was specifically banned for appears to be posting fake tweets from her.

Jul 21, 2016, 04:33
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2016, 04:33
Jul 21, 2016, 04:33

Jul 21, 2016, 04:19
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2016, 04:19
Jul 21, 2016, 04:19

Cannot say I am happy for them because I am still mad that they blocked vpn access.

You know, it wouldn't even be as bad if they priced it accordingly. But no. Same price, different content. That's really lame.
Now we donce.

Jul 21, 2016, 04:18
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2016, 04:18
Jul 21, 2016, 04:18

So when you search google for "White people are really getting on my nerve like" there is NOTHING. When you search her tweet history you cannot find such a tweet.
https://twitter.com/search?q=white%20people%20from%3Alesdoggg&src=typd&lang=en
Nothing of this can be found on https://tweetsave.com/

So it is incredibly unlikely she ever wrote something like this and thus it is photoshopped. Which doesn't surprise me because Milo is a piece of rubbish. Says a lot of cringeworthy stuff. We have a nice word for that in German. Fremdschämen.
Now we donce.

Jul 21, 2016, 04:15
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2016, 04:15
Jul 21, 2016, 04:15

That's it! You're banned from twitter too.

Jul 21, 2016, 02:03
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2016, 02:03
Jul 21, 2016, 02:03

shihonage wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 17:26:
descender wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 16:08:
It had absolutely nothing to do with "ghostbusters".

This dickless wonder was banned for leading a mob of hate-filled assholes to attack someone on the internet. Yeah, kudos to him for raising the awareness that bigots and racists still exist in this world.

There is no place in society for people like him, or people who agree with the things he does. These cowards have absolutely no clue what the first amendment is or what it protects. He certainly doesn't deserve any "praise" and I can't actually believe someone did just that.

The blanket dismissal of BLM/feminists/etc is really driving home the point of who you are as a person though. How'd you slip through that filter?

Obama repeatedly and wrongly incited racial division (as did his wife), and helped fuel the destruction at Ferguson and the cop killings that followed (by sending the DOJ investigators to mess with an open-and-shut case). Hillary Clinton continues doing that in her speeches as we speak, blaming the victim as police officers keep getting killed.

All 3 are racists, who are exploiting racial division to detract from the horrible things they've done while in office. Eric Holder aided and abetted them on this.

Right now Hillary is fanning these flames simply to distract from gigantic corruption scandal that's erupting around her and has forever tainted the reputation of FBI.

None of them are banned from Twitter.

I am sure there are plenty of BLM activists literally calling for death of police, who are not banned from Twitter, either. Nor are millions of Muslims who want homosexuals dead.

But a man who speaks the truth about what's going on, speaks it directly, is considered a danger to society.

I grew up in Soviet Union, back when it was still the Soviet Union. We had a government-controlled news media. With exception of Fox News, Drudge, and a scattering of smaller Internet sources, America has the same problem.

I find it absolutely frightening and disgusting that a person like Milo, who has never incited racial hatred in his life, is considered more dangerous than those who do. That a person like Milo, who encourages gay people to be aware of what's really going on in the Muslim community (and this is supported by data), encourages gays to carry guns to protect themselves, is considered a "bigot".

That him pointing out the statistical truth about "rape culture", makes him "hateful". According to the Left, a college campus has 1 in 5 women raped, which makes it more dangerous than the congo.

We live in the medieval ages again. The word "heretic" has been replaced by the words "bigot" and "racist". The Church Of Political Correctness has successfully eliminated factual thinking, instead we have millions of hysterical troglodytes, easily triggered by the programmed words.

The education system has successfully eliminated any critical thinking, instead pandering to the easily exploitable wish to be "special" that young people have.

I remember how that works. We are the new generation, the better one. The "progressives". Screw all those old, spiderweb-draped people and all the old stuff that happened, history means nothing. We are simply better, you see, and we know what's right.

As a Soviet Pioneer who wore a red tie, much like kids still do in China today, I very much remember how we were brainwashed. When USSR fell and I started learning the truth about the world, I had a breakdown.

The "Two Minutes Hate" against America has done a beautiful job. Whenever I turn, I see people dissing Trump and his wife, who are hard-working people of so much higher caliber than forever-race-baiting Obama and "For the first time I am proud of my country" Michelle.

It is nauseating and frightening to see the totalitarian grip squeeze the country around me again. I find this not merely offensive, but downright tragic.

This time, I can feel it as it happens. And all of you ObamaJugend do not, because you're me circa 1991.

Trump is the only hope America has. Milo knows that Trump is actually the most gay-friendly President we'd have in a while, because Trump is interested in controlling and suppressing the kind of "folks" that go into a gay bar in Orlando and kill people.

If our border enforcement laws don't get actually enforced, Europe demonstrates the future of America. The unrecognizeable London. The terrorist-riddled France.

All of this was predictable, mind you. In Pew surveys, France had one of the highest percentages of Muslims who said that Violent Jihad is an acceptable form of protest against those who "offend Islam". A pretty vague qualifier, don't you think. France had about 35% of Muslim population admit to this, America had around 20%.

Pretty much everything Milo says, is mostly true. Truth delivered with the bluntness of a hammer which is meant to break through some people's "Democratic" stupor. Not to see "Republican" values. Both parties are corrupt to the core. But to see Libertarian/Conservative values.

Being a conservative in San Francisco, where I live, is almost dangerous. I know if I put a Trump sticker on my car, someone will vandalize it. The real hate speech (against Trump) is afoot. I've seen the looks people give when they hear me listening to conservative talk radio. Someone in my martial arts school, an innocuous looking nice woman, said "Surely I hope someone will assassinate Trump before he becomes President".

Truth has become illegal in many parts of the country. Political correctness has disabled the self-preservation instincts and common sense in millions of people, who feed on media-filtered soundbytes.

Isn't it amazing that Trump gets more hate in the media than any of the cop killers and gay-club-shooters combined?

Meanwhile, a man who sic'd the IRS, East-Germany-style, on conservatives, in order to win re-election, is making jokes on Jimmy Fallon?

The man who was going to let 40 Americans die in Benghazi because it would expose his hypocrisy with his recent statement about Al Qaeda being "on the run"? Anything for re-election.

The corrupt politician who evaded Freedom Of Information Act by storing top-secret Emails on a homemade server, the woman who erased 30000 Emails while turning in evidence, is getting less hate in the press than a hard-working businessman and his family.

Ain't that strange?

America has been taken for granted. But this young country is the beacon of light in the world. If Trump does not win, people like Milo will be suppressed for good, and forced to go underground. We will become just another totalitarian shithole, and the world will go dark forever.

QFT

Jul 21, 2016, 01:59
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2016, 01:59
Jul 21, 2016, 01:59

Seventyfive wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 13:20:
People post gas chamber pictures to Ben Shapiro when his kid is born and that's totally fine, but ban Milo because reasons. LOL.

I think people aren't mad that Milo is banned, people are mad because the ban hammer is used in a completely inconsistent manner.

This.

Jul 21, 2016, 01:00
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2016, 01:00
Jul 21, 2016, 01:00

COVID infections: 133M - - - COVID deaths: 3M - - - Death rate: 2%
Vaccines administered: 711M - - - Vaccine deaths: 7 - - - Death rate: 0.00000001%
Your choice is clear.

Jul 21, 2016, 00:55
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2016, 00:55
Jul 21, 2016, 00:55

Numinar wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 00:19:
Seems like a good move on twitters part though I think Milo is great. A massive self-admitted arsehole who has gone on the record of "not liking nice people" and thinks anyone who ever voices any compassion for anyone or any cause is just virtue signaling and trying to get laid. So not someone you would want to have a beer with probably but his writing is sharp and his gay jokes are hilarious so I hope he never stops.

I've watched many Milo speeches and have never seen him claim he "doesn't like nice people", or thinks that compassion is virtue signaling.

He seems like a very nice, personable individual.

He does label the modern "journalism" as virtue signalers, because they are just that. Instead of pursuing factual truth, "we report you decide", they create their own narratives in order to elevate their self-importance and virtue-signal to their peers as some sort of holier-than-thou competition in "getting the right message across".

I would love to hang out with him. I love truth-tellers, they're a rare breed.

Jul 21, 2016, 00:19
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2016, 00:19
Jul 21, 2016, 00:19

Seems like a good move on twitters part though I think Milo is great. A massive self-admitted arsehole who has gone on the record of "not liking nice people" and thinks anyone who ever voices any compassion for anyone or any cause is just virtue signaling and trying to get laid. So not someone you would want to have a beer with probably but his writing is sharp and his gay jokes are hilarious so I hope he never stops.

The gamergate thing is unfortunate but hate mobs are awesome for bringing people's abhorrent views out for everyone to see and I don't think it's killed anyone and we can go for days at a time without reading anything about it these days so it's all good.

But being banned from twitter won't bother him, I bet he had a good crank as soon as it happened. He also thinks private concerns may chose to serve or not serve clientele as they see fit (Like with the gay marriage bakery thing) so this is in keeping with that.

I wonder if he will turn on daddy Drumpf if his threatened media crackdowns come to pass. Or maybe Milo is just the kind of guy Drumpf would want running such a purge.

Jul 20, 2016, 23:36
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 20, 2016, 23:36
Jul 20, 2016, 23:36

Timmeh wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 17:33:
Cpmartins wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 17:23:

Why is SHE not banned? Why?

I thought this was going to be real bullying or something. You have to be kidding me. This kind of shit is completely unacceptable. Complete lopsided hypocrisy.

No, no it is not. Aside from being a comedian doing what many comedians do, whether anyone considers it funny or not, she did not personally go after any one single person nor direct other to do so.

That's a pretty damn big difference to not grok.

You can be the head of the KKK or New Black Panthers and preach all the hateful rhetoric you want (apparently), but directing at a specific individual is something entirely different and not covered under freedom of speech, which doesn't matter anyway since it is a private social media company involved in this incident.

Jul 20, 2016, 23:34
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 20, 2016, 23:34
Jul 20, 2016, 23:34

The tweets were not photoshopped, there is no evidence to support that claim and in fact its quite the opposite if you look at her twitter history. It's simple hypocrisy and she shouldn't get a pass while someone else is banned for less. You can dislike this clown while also pointing out that bullshit and the defense of her is deplorable. She's a bad comedian and a poor actress that denigrates her own culture for money. There have been many great black artist pioneers, Leslie Jones is not one of them.

Jul 20, 2016, 22:43
Quboid

Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 20, 2016, 22:43
Jul 20, 2016, 22:43
 Quboid

Seventyfive wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 22:16:
Beamer wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 22:02:
... And she did not say all those things, that tweet I linked is photoshopped.

LOL, i linked a page that has live twitter tweets. you can click on any of them and they take you to her actual twitter page and the tweet. ...

Beamer's line "She didn't make those tweets. They were Photoshopped." was clearly referring specifically to the two tweets in his [Photoshop link. Nothing else. Your response, "LOL you think all her shit was photoshopped?", is just plain wrong. He was not referring to "all her shit".

Jul 20, 2016, 22:16
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 20, 2016, 22:16
Jul 20, 2016, 22:16

Beamer wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 22:02:

Milo's account is deleted. I'm not sure how you want me to get "proof" from an account that no longer exists.

And she did not say all those things, that tweet I linked is photoshopped.

LOL, i linked a page that has live twitter tweets. you can click on any of them and they take you to her actual twitter page and the tweet.

I will give you that point about milo. Once someone deletes something from their page, it's gone forever. The internet has no way to archive things. I'm still a newb when it comes to this technology thing. For some reason I thought people could screenshot or archive sites using archive.is but I guess I am wrong.

Jul 20, 2016, 22:11
Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 20, 2016, 22:11
Jul 20, 2016, 22:11

Quboid wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 21:06:
Beamer wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 20:48:
As per the proof. Leslie Jones has a blue check. Those photoshopped tweets do not.

Blue ticks aren't displayed all the time. On someone's profile, the tick is at the top but not on each tweet. She claims they're fake, but she has posted plenty of trash. It wouldn't surprise me either way.

The one on the left should have the check, shouldn't it?

And if the other one really had 785 and 4K whatevers, it would probably show up in a Google search. This seems to be the case when I try it with Bill Gates or Justin Bieber, at least. Simply deleting it wouldn't be so effective that it disappears.
72 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older