Star Wars: The Old Republic Announces New Expansion & Free Trial

Star Wars: The Old Republic is celebrating its fifth anniversary, and this post has details on the celebration along with a trailer. They also offer an infographic on the game, saying it boasts 87 million players who have put in 1.5 billion hours playing the MMORPG. To keep all those players happy, they announce Knights of the Eternal Throne, a new expansion coming this autumn, saying, "The all new expansion adds more of BioWare's trademark cinematic storytelling, as well as exciting new game features in one of the largest updates the team has made since the game launched 5 years ago in 2011!" This page has all the info about the expansion they are revealing at this time. Finally, BioWare also announces a free trial, saying, "all players can prepare for the new expansion by playing Chapter 1 of the prequel story in Knights of the Fallen Empire, now for free"
View : : :

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Announces New Expansion & Free Trial
Jul 17, 2016, 16:27
KS
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Announces New Expansion & Free Trial Jul 17, 2016, 16:27
Jul 17, 2016, 16:27
KS

LOC wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 15:50:
Bucky wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 14:39:
So, as someone who loved KotOR and KotOR II, is this worth delving into as a single player experience? I have zero interest in the MMO part of it, but I wouldn't mind revisiting the world if I can do it on my own.

I'm pretty sure with the last major patch, they basically made it so you could literally bypass all the side quests and just do the main quest lines for the character you are playing. So, for solo specific stuff, you'd probably enjoy it. I did even when I did side quests. So there's that I guess?

You got to play at 12x xp rate, which was more than enough to level up following only your main class storyline.

The expansion "storytelling" is a pretty decent single-player game, but that kind of defeats the purpose of an MMORPG.

Date
Subject
Author
Jul 17, 2016Jul 17 2016
  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Announces New Expansion & Free Trial