Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September

The Official EA Star Wars website announces plans to bring offline mode online next week in Star Wars Battlefront, saying we will be able to witness the firepower of a fully armed and operational battle station in September with the release of a Death Star expansion (thanks nin). Here's the plan (many Bothans died to bring us this information):
To get right to the point, we’ve been listening to your feedback and your desire for more offline modes. Today we’re excited to officially announce a new mode, Skirmish, for all Star Wars Battlefront players.

The new mode will be available starting July 20 and offers players the option to play offline against bots in a solo mission or with a friend using co-op split screen. (Console only) Skirmish can be played on a difficulty level of your choosing and across two modes, Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron. With multiple locations that span the galaxy, from the frozen planet of Hoth to the lava encrusted planet of Sullust, we hope Skirmish brings players a new way to enjoy Star Wars Battlefront.
If an offline mode isn’t for you, we have more free* in-game events planned for the summer. Look forward to more Hutt Contracts for new weapons, log-in reward opportunities, and open trials to experience Bespin.

Then in September, Season Pass holders will receive our third digital expansion pack, Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Death Star. More new maps – on ground and in space – new weapons and Star Cards and two new heroes including one larger-than-life character we know you've been patiently waiting for. Not a Season Pass holder? Don’t worry, the expansion pack is available for separate purchase.
View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September Jul 15, 2016, 14:02 jdreyer

nin wrote on Jul 15, 2016, 10:10:
sauron wrote on Jul 15, 2016, 10:02:
It's Jar-Jar Binks!

I'd buy Battlefront just for the opportunity to shoot Jar-Jar. He really was that annoying.

They could have a lot of fun with that. Make him OP, but then he constantly makes screaming noises as he runs around, causing the entire server (both teams) to turn on him.

That would be so awesome. And, after all, there's precedent for it:

JAR JAR IS SECRETLY A SITH LORD.

"I survived the 2020 removedpocalypse."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September Jul 15, 2016, 13:59 mrBallistic

to be honest, the game was completely unplayable for me as a windows game, as there were almost no players for any map (and their ux was horrible... you couldn't see where people were massing, and just had to play whack-a-mole and pray that the map/type combo you picked had players). maybe i'll try it again now.  

---

check my site, download my mp3s:
http://www.mrballistic.com/

18. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September Jul 15, 2016, 10:10 nin

sauron wrote on Jul 15, 2016, 10:02:
It's Jar-Jar Binks!

I'd buy Battlefront just for the opportunity to shoot Jar-Jar. He really was that annoying.

They could have a lot of fun with that. Make him OP, but then he constantly makes screaming noises as he runs around, causing the entire server (both teams) to turn on him.

17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September Jul 15, 2016, 10:02 sauron

Rigs wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 17:16:
Tyrric wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 17:09:
two new heroes including one larger-than-life character we know you've been patiently waiting for

Jabba?

I'm pretty sure it's Chewy...

=-Rigs-=

It's Jar-Jar Binks!

Kittens!

16. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September Jul 15, 2016, 06:18 jdreyer

Rigs wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 16:21:
DangerDog wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 16:12:
I have a feeling they're going to do something stupid like have Walker Assault mode on the surface of the Death Star.

What? That sounds fucking awesome! I'd go for that in a heartbeat. Sure, it's not canon but at this point, we'll take anything. This game had so much promise and...FUCK! I just want to grab the producer and shake the shit out of him...'You were SO fucking close! SO CLOSE! Why didn't you go all the way, you twit?! You had to have known!' Argh! I nominate this version of STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT to be the digital version of blue balls. There's no other way to say it.

=-Rigs-=

I feel all boneheaded decisions were made by EA suits and imposed them on the devs.
Dev: "But this way SUCKS!"
Suit: "Yeah, but it makes a crapton of $$$."

15. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September Jul 15, 2016, 06:15 jdreyer

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 14:18:
To get right to the point, we fucked up.... BADLY and we are now scrambling to do everything we can so you'll buy our overpriced Season Pass.

Well, they've BEEN fucking up since BF3 in my opinion. No bot skirmish is unacceptable. Maybe they'll allow modding next.

14. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September Jul 15, 2016, 06:13 jdreyer

* JDreyer checks Hell. YUP, FROZEN OVER. *

13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September Jul 14, 2016, 22:00 Task

Walker Assault on the surface of the Death Star haha, now there's an idea. Reminds me of BattleTech Mech Battles on Space Ships (And yeah that's an Atlas II shooting down a Spacecraft in Spaaaace).  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

12. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September Jul 14, 2016, 19:11 christheshitter

You can't polish a turd. DICE has never been shittier.  

11. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September Jul 14, 2016, 19:08 NegaDeath

nin wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 14:59:
Or any space combat at all. It's pretty sad when THE LEGO star wars game has more space combat than battlefront.

I was thinking more along the lines of the indoor maps. Bottomless chasms, narrow walkways, retracting bridges, trash compactors. It was a great map in Jedi Knight.

But space would be good too. Multiplayer trench run/defense? Hell yes. It's not even technically space, there's still "ground" below you and it just needs a different skybox.

And the more I think about it the more dissapointed I become.

10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September Jul 14, 2016, 17:16 Rigs

Tyrric wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 17:09:
two new heroes including one larger-than-life character we know you've been patiently waiting for

Jabba?

I'm pretty sure it's Chewy...

=-Rigs-=

9. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September Jul 14, 2016, 17:09 Tyrric

Jabba?

8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September Jul 14, 2016, 16:21 Rigs

DangerDog wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 16:12:
I have a feeling they're going to do something stupid like have Walker Assault mode on the surface of the Death Star.

What? That sounds fucking awesome! I'd go for that in a heartbeat. Sure, it's not canon but at this point, we'll take anything. This game had so much promise and...FUCK! I just want to grab the producer and shake the shit out of him...'You were SO fucking close! SO CLOSE! Why didn't you go all the way, you twit?! You had to have known!' Argh! I nominate this version of STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT to be the digital version of blue balls. There's no other way to say it.

=-Rigs-=

7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September Jul 14, 2016, 16:12 DangerDog

As far as we know they're not adding bots to multiplayer modes, this will be for offline play (solo on PC and co-op on console).

6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September Jul 14, 2016, 16:07 Tumbler

I never got around to looking at the cloud city add on. Maybe I'll go watch someone playing that and see how it is.

Anytime I've gone back to try this game again it's hard to stick with it for more than one evening. It can be a lot of fun but the gameplay is so shallow. The weapon variety feels almost non existent and the progression feels like wandering through the desert.

I googled what the best way to level up is to help move the progression a long and many people said playing the squadron assault maps was the best...which isn't fun AT ALL. Playing that will turn you off to the game real fast.

For something that looks so damn good it's so frustrating that the gameplay itself doesn't even come close the visuals in quality.

5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September Jul 14, 2016, 16:00 maddog

So someone help me out here...this new mode is sp only against bots and can be played in Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron.

Are these game modes not available in "mp" mode where I can simply play with a buddy (say on a local LAN) against bots?

4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September Jul 14, 2016, 14:59 nin

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 14:49:
What a shame. A death star map in the original release would have gone a long way to adding the variety it needed.

Or any space combat at all. It's pretty sad when THE LEGO star wars game has more space combat than battlefront.

3. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September Jul 14, 2016, 14:49 NegaDeath

What a shame. A death star map in the original release would have gone a long way to adding the variety it needed.  

2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September Jul 14, 2016, 14:39 Kxmode

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 14:18:
To get right to the point, we fucked up.... BADLY and we are now scrambling to do everything we can so you'll buy our overpriced Season Pass.

The Half Elf saves the day! I can't understand EA's marketing speak and happy talk.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Offline Mode Next Week; Death Star in September Jul 14, 2016, 14:18 The Half Elf

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >