Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Arma 3 Apex Post Redux

A formatting error obscured our report last night on the release of the Arma 3: Apex new expansion for Arma 3, Bohemia Interactive's military shooter sequel. The post has the details and the launch trailer. In short: "As reflected by the expansion’s name, Arma 3 Apex represents the pinnacle of over 15 years of Arma development. It builds upon the series’ signature large-scale authentic combat gameplay, where movement, shooting, and teamwork truly matter – and introduces fresh opportunities for all types of combat operations."

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Arma 3 Apex Post Redux Jul 12, 2016, 21:00 Shok

Arma3 battle royale is fun to watch on twitch, atleast good players like ExecCs. A nice break from Overwatch.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Arma 3 Apex Post Redux Jul 12, 2016, 18:27 Numinar

Decent release but not as amazing as the trailer looks if anyone is wondering. Some bullshit animations that don't exist in the game in that.

I mean, I pre-ordered as this game has paid for itself dozens of times over, but in case anyone thought it might be a big leap forward and were thinking about buying know that's it's more of the same with a bit of jungle and some canned, polished but simple small team co-op missions.

3. Re: Arma 3 Apex Post Redux Jul 12, 2016, 14:53 DangerDog

Always looks super good in videos and screenshots, just wish the actual gameplay were as good. I feel like I'm fighting with a clunky over complicated UI, not quite Derek Smart's Desktop Commander level of over complication but close.

2. Re: Arma 3 Apex Post Redux Jul 12, 2016, 12:47 Turd Ferguson

So far, quite pleased with the expansion. Co-op campaign is not too shabby, seems a bit short, but for Arma it's a good beginning. It's nice to see some things that community was asking for being implemented into the game, it's also a good step forward.

Game optimization still needs to happen tho. I'm running it on i7 with R9 290 and it's very playable, however not butter smooth playable.

Seems like getting splendid 90FPS without throwing loads of moneys at my comps innards, is just a pipe dream

Edited: spelling.

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 2016, 13:56.

1. Re: Arma 3 Apex Post Redux Jul 12, 2016, 11:39 OldDirtyEwok

I thought ARMA was gonna use vulkan...bummer! Ended up getting a refund for that game, fps drops to 20s in towns, not playable at all.  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo