Splash Damage (and Digital Extremes) Sales

Though the Splash Damage website and Twitter account are silent on the topic, press release from the Hong Kong exchange indicates that Paul Wedgewood is in the process of selling Splash Damage to Radius Maxima, a subsidiary of Leyou Technology Holdings, a Chinese company that also recently acquired the balance of developer Digital Extremes (which was not noted here at the time). Splash Damage emerged from the QUAKE mod scene, and they have created or contributed to several first-person shooters including Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars, Brink, and Doom III. Here's word on the deal:
The Targets comprise Splash Damage, Fireteam and Warchest. Splash Damage is principally engaged in the development of computer games for different hardware platforms, including consoles, personal computers and mobile devices. Fireteam is principally engaged in the provision of online services and back-end support of computer games. Warchest is principally engaged in owning, publishing and operating competitive multiplayer games with high production values for all leading platforms. The Targets are companies incorporated under the laws of England and Wales.

The Consideration (excluding the Aggregated Adjustment Payment) payable by Radius Maxima to Paul Wedgwood and the Optionholders under the Sale and Purchase Agreements shall not in any event exceed US$150 million (equivalent to approximately RMB996 million). The sum of the Aggregated Adjustment Payment payable by Radius Maxima to Paul Wedgwood and the Optionholders under the Sale and Purchase Agreements shall not in any event exceed US$10 million (equivalent to approximately RMB66 million). The sum of the amount payable by Radius Maxima to the Targets under the Main SPA (including but not limited to any payment obligations under the sub-section headed “Additional project funding” below), shall not in any event exceed US$10 million (equivalent to approximately RMB66 million).
View : : :

Re: Splash Damage (and Digital Extremes) Sales
Jul 9, 2016, 15:05
Re: Splash Damage (and Digital Extremes) Sales Jul 9, 2016, 15:05
Jul 9, 2016, 15:05

Sacrifice wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 14:00:
Enemy Territory was amazing. One of the first games where I joined a clan and did some online competitions. It is too bad they never made a sequel.

RtCW was the first online game I ever played and moved over to ET when that came. I still try to find a substitute for these two games and yet I haven't found any who bring the joy they gave me.

What I can't understand is why don't they just make a carbon copy of these two games concept. Just a few weapon classes, no idiotic ways to earn skill points to update weapons and armours - in my eyes a game shuld be simple and focus should be on the community and give them the tools to use their fantacy to make new things. That is the reson why games made in the past kept they enjoyment so much longer than the new ones made today.
Date
Subject
Author
Jul 9, 2016Jul 9 2016
  Re: Splash Damage (and Digital Extremes) Sales
Jul 9, 2016Jul 9 2016
Jul 9, 2016Jul 9 2016
Jul 10, 2016Jul 10 2016