Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Evolve Stage 2 Details

The Evolve countdown continues to tick away while 2K reveals more about the Evolve rework that was revealed last night, saying the asymmetrical shooter will now be known as Evolve Stage 2, and revealing more details in this update. They illustrate the news with an announcement trailer and a launch trailer, and offer this outline of the plan:

Evolve as you know it has been completely overhauled and is being re-launched on PC today as Evolve Stage 2, with new game design, gameplay mechanics, and improved gameplay balance and system performance. Not only that, but starting today you can play Evolve Stage 2 completely FREE on PC via Steam.

Why is Evolve changing and what does this mean for new and existing players? Chris Ashton and Phil Robb, co-founders of Turtle Rock Studios explain all in a letter to the Evolve community, which you should read on the forums here:
https://talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/a-message-to-our-community/87816

Evolve Stage 2 is an entirely new beast with a ton of changes and content in the BETA version that launches today on PC. Full details on all of that can be found here: https://evolvegame.com/news/en-evolve-stage-2-announce

Lastly, it was paramount to us with Evolve Stage 2 that if you own or buy a copy of original Evolve on PC, your game will automatically upgrade to Evolve Stage 2 and you will receive “FOUNDER STATUS” in-game. Full details on what Founder Status means can be found here:
http://evolvegame.com/news/en-founders-status-in-evolve-stage-2

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

32. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 8, 2016, 17:30 DarkCntry

Overon wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 22:26:
Of course people can buy whatever they want, ultimately. That doesn't mean I can't try to persuade them not to.

But to demean them for doing it is not an attempt to persuade, it's just flat out demeaning.

There were editions for different preorder bonuses from different places which had different DLC included.

Retail promotionals shouldn't even factor into it, seeing as you'd be doing literally the same thing for every major release in the last 10 years. Beyond that, to content was literally just cosmetic bullshit once again, so that boils back down to my original list.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 8, 2016, 01:56 The Half Elf

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 12:47:
Creston wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 12:24:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 10:04:
Dead game goes free to play. People that paid for this pos are thrilled.

Yeah, but...but... they get FOUNDER STATUS! CAPITALIZED, SO YOU KNOW IT'S DOUBLE IMPRESSIVE!!1!!!eleven!!1!

Dude!
That Founder status gets you free beers in the local biker pub!
Just whip out your Founder badge and everyone knows what's up.

Free beers, biker's pub, and whipping things out?!? WTF.... *goes and buys Evolve*

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

30. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 8, 2016, 00:58 HorrorScope

:18 - Confidence  

29. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 7, 2016, 22:57 Malvok

I tried Evolve today. The training seemed ok, not great but just ok.

I went online to play in a match and it picked a position for me that was locked. I was supposed to unlock it but I didn't have anywhere near the credits it needed. I just left the game. I probably won't try it again.

28. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 7, 2016, 22:26 Overon

DarkCntry wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 19:55:
Overon wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 17:51:
These devs/publisher are beyond pathetic. Nobody is buying their game, so they figure they will make money selling skins than buying the game. And what's equally pathetic is that they are right. It amazes me to this day that people will pay money for cosmetic virtual goods. Donate that shit to a charity instead. What's the matter with you?

What does it matter to you what other people spend THEIR money on? Every day people buy stupid shit and that's their own prerogative, since it doesn't affect you in any way, it shouldn't even matter.

I remember when the game was released and you needed a fucking spreadsheet to figure out what all the DLC packages and game editions that it came with. Fuck these devs/publisher. But gamers seem to have a very short memory. Send a message that behavior is anti consumer and not acceptable.

A spreadsheet for what?

Game
Season Pass
Game + Season Pass
Cosmetic DLC

That was what was available at release. I remember the same bitching over when Company of Heroes 2 was released, and the same teeth gnashing over shit that wasn't even worth the time to bitch about.
Of course people can buy whatever they want, ultimately. That doesn't mean I can't try to persuade them not to.

There were editions for different preorder bonuses from different places which had different DLC included.

27. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 7, 2016, 19:55 DarkCntry

Overon wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 17:51:
These devs/publisher are beyond pathetic. Nobody is buying their game, so they figure they will make money selling skins than buying the game. And what's equally pathetic is that they are right. It amazes me to this day that people will pay money for cosmetic virtual goods. Donate that shit to a charity instead. What's the matter with you?

What does it matter to you what other people spend THEIR money on? Every day people buy stupid shit and that's their own prerogative, since it doesn't affect you in any way, it shouldn't even matter.

I remember when the game was released and you needed a fucking spreadsheet to figure out what all the DLC packages and game editions that it came with. Fuck these devs/publisher. But gamers seem to have a very short memory. Send a message that behavior is anti consumer and not acceptable.

A spreadsheet for what?

Game
Season Pass
Game + Season Pass
Cosmetic DLC

That was what was available at release. I remember the same bitching over when Company of Heroes 2 was released, and the same teeth gnashing over shit that wasn't even worth the time to bitch about.

26. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 7, 2016, 17:51 Overon

I'm going to setup a site where you can gamble for Evolve skins that are surely to come and make thousands of dollars.

This comment was edited on Jul 7, 2016, 18:11.

25. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 7, 2016, 16:46 Desalus

Razumen wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 14:52:
Hardly. What AAA F2P game doesn't have a cash shop? The question isn't whether it will have one, but what it will sell.

That's true, they all have a cash shop but they differ widely. Whereas some sell purely cosmetic items, others go all out and sell weapons, classes, maps, etc. While the former is inconsequential to players the latter is definitely not. I just have a bad feeling that the cash shop for the game will not simply be for cosmetic items.

24. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 7, 2016, 14:54 DangerDog

I can think of a couple of multiplayer centric games on the PC that should do this, Battlefield Hardline and Star Wars Battlefront.

If you bought the game and actually half ass enjoyed playing it the main problem is that these games die off and you pretty much are forced into shelving it.

As for Evolve, it reminded me of some of the multiplayer mods where you have four guys going up against someone with super powers and then once you kill that player you become the monster. The problem though is the scale and maybe the setting. You needed early stages to be like an egg hatched face hugger from Alien and then mutate into a larger warrior Alien and eventually turning into a Queen. They didn't even steal from classic monster games where you eat people for health. Where's the destruction too? You just stomp around doing laps around the map till the monster is cornered for a boss battle, over and over again.

23. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 7, 2016, 14:52 Razumen

Desalus wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 12:04:
I find it very suspicious that there is no announcement as to how they are actually going to make money with the game now that it is F2P. I get the feeling that it's a huge bait and switch scheme. Beta will have no cash shop in order to draw people in and get them hooked, and then when the game is re-released it will have all sorts of monetized content.

Hardly. What AAA F2P game doesn't have a cash shop? The question isn't whether it will have one, but what it will sell.

22. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 7, 2016, 14:26 jacobvandy

I find it very suspicious that there is no announcement as to how they are actually going to make money with the game now that it is F2P. I get the feeling that it's a huge bait and switch scheme. Beta will have no cash shop in order to draw people in and get them hooked, and then when the game is re-released it will have all sorts of monetized content.

It mentions Founders getting some in-game currency, so they'll be selling that crap for sure. Their FAQ says Founders only carry over any characters and skins they previously purchased, and I'm sure they'll be adding loads of new ones, so everyone will have something to trade that currency in for.

21. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 7, 2016, 14:14 Omni

No special pre-order f2p version ?

Or does this whole thing fail again when they open up the shop.

20. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 7, 2016, 14:04 Bundy

I like how they announced that exactly after the Steam sale was over. I almost bought this during the sale, my kids liked the beta on Xbox and it was cheap. Whew!  

19. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 7, 2016, 13:01 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 12:37:
maddog wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 12:34:
Is this game like Left 4 Dead but with aliens?

No. Nothing like it, really. It's four players vs 1 player as the monster. No hordes of zombies or anything.

At the end of each level there is a boss fight?

Well... I mean, technically, I guess. It takes about 20 minutes of running for players to corner the monster somewhere, and then they fight him. So it's sort of an end level boss fight.
(Kidding aside, there is no boss fight.)

Can I play solo with AI teammates?

Ehhh... This I don't know, really. I don't think so, but someone else can probably confirm or deny.

You certainly can, even PVP if nobody picks the monster, AI plays it. If the AI happens to play monster you are in for one hell of a round unless it gets stuck.

you can also "solo" coop it.. I guess.. but that puts you against a monster with laser accuracy and 3 other AI hunters that are braindead.

18. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 7, 2016, 12:56 SpectralMeat

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 12:53:

Dude!
That Founder status gets you beat up free beers in the local biker pub!
FTFY

Steam: SpectralMeat

17. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 7, 2016, 12:53 RedEye9

Dude!
That Founder status gets you beat up free beers in the local biker pub!
FTFY

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

16. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 7, 2016, 12:47 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 12:24:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 10:04:
Dead game goes free to play. People that paid for this pos are thrilled.

Yeah, but...but... they get FOUNDER STATUS! CAPITALIZED, SO YOU KNOW IT'S DOUBLE IMPRESSIVE!!1!!!eleven!!1!

Dude!
That Founder status gets you free beers in the local biker pub!
Just whip out your Founder badge and everyone knows what's up.

Steam: SpectralMeat

15. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 7, 2016, 12:37 Creston

maddog wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 12:34:

No. Nothing like it, really. It's four players vs 1 player as the monster. No hordes of zombies or anything.

Well... I mean, technically, I guess. It takes about 20 minutes of running for players to corner the monster somewhere, and then they fight him. So it's sort of an end level boss fight.
(Kidding aside, there is no boss fight.)

Ehhh... This I don't know, really. I don't think so, but someone else can probably confirm or deny.

14. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 7, 2016, 12:34 maddog

Could someone help me out...

Thanks!

13. Re: Evolve Stage 2 Details Jul 7, 2016, 12:27 Creston

Beta will have no cash shop in order to draw people in and get them hooked,

Heh. I don't think there's much danger of that.

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo