Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition Announced

Bethesda announces The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition, a chance for them to make some more gold from their fantasy-themed MMORPG. This will bundle the game along with all the DLC that's come out since its release, along with a mount and a pile of spacebux. Here's word:
Own the complete ESO story plus the first four DLC game packs with the newly announced The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition. From Skyrim to Daggerfall, this pack allows you to explore the vast world of Tamriel in one package. Travel to Abah's Landing to master the art of thievery with the iconic Thieves Guild, become a deadly assassin of the Dark Brotherhood in the Gold Coast, or ride to Wrothgar and aid the Orc King Kurog in rebuilding Orsinium.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition includes the following content:

• The Elder Scrolls Online
  • DLC game packs:
    • Imperial City
    • Orsinium
    • Thieves Guild
    • Dark Brotherhood
  • Palomino horse mount
  • 500 crowns to spend in the in-game Crown Store for new game accounts

Starting today, you'll be able to pre-order The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition for $59.99 from select retailers.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition Announced Jul 7, 2016, 17:54 Flatline

Nucas wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 21:58:
i've been a scrolls lover since morrowind, like many i'm sure, and i savored the chance to play this game for the same reason as you; but ultimately i found it large, dull and empty. the gameplay was utterly snooze inducing. there were also some contradictions with established lore that really drove home that this was a team of outsiders writing the game to me.

The lore I didn't care so much about.

Boring-ass quests, dull gameplay, bland world design (for TES games this is blasphemy) I just couldn't get into it. I was told that past the starting areas it got better but still... I never could get past the starting areas. Instead of feeling free I felt overwhelmed and bored at the same time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition Announced Jul 7, 2016, 09:10 beigemore

I've been a TES player since Arena, and just couldn't get into Skyrim.. it kind of killed it for me.  

4. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition Announced Jul 7, 2016, 01:46 jacobvandy

I hadn't played this since the beta, when I was thoroughly unimpressed by the ranged combat. It's all auto-targeted, heat-seeking magic missiles, which completely shatters their intended illusion of real-time/skill-based action. I picked it up for $20 on sale last week though, and this time I'm going heavy armor with two-handed swords, and finding that melee is WAY more satisfying. In many ways it is better than Skyrim, with the wide array of skills and abilities to choose from, counter-attacks and interrupts, etc. So I'm having fun with that (still getting used to seeing other people running around everywhere though, bottlenecking through quest locations and whatnot), but when the itch to experience proper bow sniping, landing headshots and watching ragdolls tumbling around, I'll go back and replay an offline TES title.  

3. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition Announced Jul 6, 2016, 22:22 Acleacius

Think this is the first negative report I've given about TESO and I've play since pre-release. Feel free to correct me if I get this wrong but...I would have recommended it to any Elder Scrolls fan before the Dark Brotherhood update, but not any more.

I've been very disappointed by the Dark Brotherhood. Hell, you could call it blasphemy it breaks lore so badly. And they have changed the leveling system for the worst. Especially, if your someone who enjoys leveling by questing. Afaik, the only people who would enjoy the new system are pvp players, who ignore content and just XP grind. Oh and Botters, who sell accounts.

Yes, they would love the new system too. I've used Fast Report to report at least 75 botters over the years. You can see them 3 or 4, running in the exact same patterns killing mobs. In the new leveling system, it's ACCOUNT based not your toons. Once you hit 50, if you account is 501, then your level 50 gets bumped up to essentially 65 automatically. Wearing the highest level gear in the game, without ever doing anything for it.

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

2. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition Announced Jul 6, 2016, 21:58 Nucas

i've been a scrolls lover since morrowind, like many i'm sure, and i savored the chance to play this game for the same reason as you; but ultimately i found it large, dull and empty. the gameplay was utterly snooze inducing. there were also some contradictions with established lore that really drove home that this was a team of outsiders writing the game to me.  

1. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition Announced Jul 6, 2016, 21:53 sauron

Honestly, as a recovering MMO player, I am so tempted by this. Not sure I would participate in any community events, but the opportunity to explore all of Tamriel is quite compelling. I have played everything from Daggerfall on, so to see it all reimagined is very interesting.

Fortunately, I do have the orcs and my responsibilities at Barad-Dur to avoid that kind of time sink. And if that fails, there's chess with Shelob, or the torture dungeon, and all those hobbits.

Kittens!

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >