Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

SEGA Acquires Amplitude

SEGA has acquired Amplitude, the studio behind the Endless series that includes Dungeon of the Endless, Endless Space, Endless Legend, and the upcoming Endless Space 2, reports MCV, saying they bought up all the stock for the French developer on July 1st. "To have the opportunity to add a studio with the growing reputation of Amplitude's, to the Sega family, is an exciting one and reinforces Sega Europe’s position as a market leader in publishing high quality PC games," explains Sega Europe boss, Jurgen Post. "Culturally, Amplitude is a fantastic fit for the business as it not only produces great games, but also have a proven track record in listening to their fans and directly involving them in the ongoing development of its games through its GAMES2GETHER system."

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: SEGA Acquires Amplitude Jul 5, 2016, 19:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Magnitude!

Oh wait, Amplitude. I own all their existing games but didn't enjoy them as much as I told myself I would, don't have many hours into any of them really.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: SEGA Acquires Amplitude Jul 5, 2016, 19:50 Slashman

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 18:53:
Ozmodan wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 16:27:
And I was looking forward to Endless Space 2. Oh well, now I can save my money......

To be honest, I am more hyped for Endless Space 2 now More money and less stupid bickering through Games2Gether would do ES2 some real good.

G2G is NOT going away. They made sure to state that up front.

They claim it will be business as usual but I'm going to watch to see if they announce that "gritty improved explosion" DLC with more ship debris.

8. Re: SEGA Acquires Amplitude Jul 5, 2016, 18:53 eRe4s3r

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 16:27:
And I was looking forward to Endless Space 2. Oh well, now I can save my money......

To be honest, I am more hyped for Endless Space 2 now More money and less stupid bickering through Games2Gether would do ES2 some real good.

7. Re: SEGA Acquires Amplitude Jul 5, 2016, 16:37 Tachikoma

Endless Space was sort of solid, but also quite tedious. I`d much rather play Distant Worlds or Stellaris.  

6. Re: SEGA Acquires Amplitude Jul 5, 2016, 16:27 Ozmodan

5. Re: SEGA Acquires Amplitude Jul 5, 2016, 16:05 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 13:23:
Which high quality PC games are we talking about here, Sega?
CoH 2, Total Warhammer. SEGA paid devs to patch even older games like Dawn of War 1 or Total War Rome to facilitate the transition from Gamespy and GfWL to Steam.

Product quality isnt the problem of SEGA. Its their horrid business model, consisting of tons and tons of DLC per game.

4. Re: SEGA Acquires Amplitude Jul 5, 2016, 13:23 Creston

This is NOT good news.

and reinforces Sega Europe’s position as a market leader in publishing high quality PC games

Which high quality PC games are we talking about here, Sega?

3. Re: SEGA Acquires Amplitude Jul 5, 2016, 12:05 Burrito of Peace

And the end of Amplitude is complete.  

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

2. Re: SEGA Acquires Amplitude Jul 5, 2016, 11:05 SpectralMeat

Hopefully that means Endless Space will be out soon.
And it will probably have a crap ton of paid DLC and season pass etc.

Steam: SpectralMeat

1. Re: SEGA Acquires Amplitude Jul 5, 2016, 09:45 El Pit

Amplitude to produce endless sequels confirmed.  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo