Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Total War: WARHAMMER – Blood for the Blood God DLC Released

Creative Assembly now offers Blood for the Blood God, the newest DLC for Total War: WARHAMMER, their fantasy-themed strategy game. This trailer shows off the bloody good time this offers, and here's word:

In Creative Assembly’s critically acclaimed Total War: WARHAMMER, The Old World is riven by countless battles fought. Now experience the carnage in technicolour glory with the arrival of the Blood for the Blood God DLC! All-new events, particle effects, dismemberments, and gory, gib-spattered deaths will serve to bring your gameplay to untold heights of gruesomeness.

Cower as giants chew the heads off hapless soldiers, trolls rip their foes limb from lifeless limb, and the scything tails of dragons tear through units in an explosion of blood and guts. Brand new campaign events serve to encourage slaughter across the world, all to the laughter and delight of The Blood God. Dedicate your wars to him, and bathe the world in crimson!

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER – Blood for the Blood God DLC Released Jul 1, 2016, 12:38 VaranDragon

This is even worse then the disgraceful Horse Armor bullshit from Bethesda way back when. Pay extra for blood effects? I'd set Gregor Clegane loose on them for this shit. Shame. Shame. Shame.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER – Blood for the Blood God DLC Released Jul 1, 2016, 09:19 Creston

Sega and marketing is the reason, and that they sell blood DLC is actually a legal issue, they can't give a away the DLC for free, because that would increase the rating to M for the base product...

Fine, then sell it for $0.10. This is just selling pieces of the game after the fact, aka, the thing DLC is always accused of being, and in this case legitimately so.

11. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER – Blood for the Blood God DLC Released Jul 1, 2016, 05:06 eRe4s3r

Desalus wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 19:23:
Why is this not the default gore setting for TW: Warhammer? I thought the ESRB rating was 'M' this entire time and I was shocked to see that it was instead 'T'.

Sega and marketing is the reason, and that they sell blood DLC is actually a legal issue, they can't give a away the DLC for free, because that would increase the rating to M for the base product...

Also, violence like that nets you sale and advertising bans in many countries.... as it is the game is a game, the visual blood and gore effects add nothing.

10. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER – Blood for the Blood God DLC Released Jul 1, 2016, 03:51 Grumpy Sod

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 21:59:
Is SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE going to be next?

If it were a famous battle cry from the lore like "Blood for the Blood God!" is

9. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER – Blood for the Blood God DLC Released Jul 1, 2016, 03:17 thecakeisalie

I like the game, it's one of their best Total War games, but I'm giving this DLC a miss until it's on sale, at least. It should have been included with the game and just been toggled as unavailable in regions where it couldn't be sold as a feature. Everyone else should have been given the option to enable/disable the gore.  

8. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER – Blood for the Blood God DLC Released Jun 30, 2016, 23:28 Blackhawk

They remove it so they can get past the censors in some nations. Even having it as an option would prevent them from selling some places.

They then sell it to you (assuming you aren't in one of those nations) for an extra 5% game's price.

7. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER – Blood for the Blood God DLC Released Jun 30, 2016, 23:15 Tipsy McStagger

JohnBirshire wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 22:36:
I had a character named "Blood for the Blood God" in Elder Scrolls Online, and Bethesda made me change it.

Morons.

Your first mistake was playing Elder scrolls online...

6. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER – Blood for the Blood God DLC Released Jun 30, 2016, 22:36 JohnBirshire

I had a character named "Blood for the Blood God" in Elder Scrolls Online, and Bethesda made me change it.

Morons.

5. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER – Blood for the Blood God DLC Released Jun 30, 2016, 21:59 Tipsy McStagger

Is SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE going to be next?  

4. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER – Blood for the Blood God DLC Released Jun 30, 2016, 21:03 verybad1

Because they've done it in previous Total War games and made money on each one. I've sure they make the DLC at the same time as the base game.

*shrugs* kind of like why they sell meat and barbeque sauce separately really.

This used to bother me also, but really, they have to make money, they know this does, and nobody is making people buy it.

3. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER – Blood for the Blood God DLC Released Jun 30, 2016, 20:08 Malvok

This is a really lame DLC. It should have been included in the game itself.  

2. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER – Blood for the Blood God DLC Released Jun 30, 2016, 19:49 Task

For CA/Sega to milk your dollars of course.  

MekPak Variants Mod - BattleTech Beta

1. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER – Blood for the Blood God DLC Released Jun 30, 2016, 19:23 Desalus

Why is this not the default gore setting for TW: Warhammer? I thought the ESRB rating was 'M' this entire time and I was shocked to see that it was instead 'T'.  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo