Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Godus Dead?

Eurogamer almost quotes Friedrich Nietzsche in asking "Is Godus dead?" They attempt to assess the state of Godus, the Kickstarted god game from Peter Molyneux and 22cans, which has already gained notoriety for failure to deliver, even in light of the understanding that Peter Molyneux sometimes overpromises. They note that it seems that the game's development staff has moved on to other projects inside and outside of the company, and it sounds like the main focus of 22cans is their next project, a mobile game called The Trail. "Gosh, it's still going to be a long process! There's lots of areas to explore to finish," CEO Simon Phillips explains when asked when to expect Godus to leave Early Access. "Not a fixed time frame right now." Peter Molyneux apparently declined their request for a comment.
View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Godus Dead? Jun 29, 2016, 18:03 Creston

Kxmode wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 17:31:
Can someone tell me what "There's lots of areas to explore to finish" means?

It means "We'll keep pretending we're going to finish this game for several more years, but not actually work on it, until everyone's forgotten about it. Thanks for all the money, suckers!"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Godus Dead? Jun 29, 2016, 17:31 Kxmode

Can someone tell me what "There's lots of areas to explore to finish" means?  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

14. Re: Is Godus Dead? Jun 29, 2016, 16:45 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 15:03:
Kinda baffling how someone like that can gain such fame
The willingness of other people to quickly put someone on a pedestal and worship them, ignoring and fighting EVERYTHING which might even barely tarnish the new idol.

We humans are group animals, we like to blindly flock around "a leader". Rationality and self awareness are brand new to us stupid apes from an evolutionary standpoint, we still have very much to learn and a long way to go

13. Re: Is Godus Dead? Jun 29, 2016, 15:03 eRe4s3r

Devinoch wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 14:07:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 07:31:
Tachikoma wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 02:32:
Molyneux should stay away from video games, go to a rehab, take up painting or something. He`s just cursed.

He is not so much cursed, as he is a tremendous danger to any development if you don't physically chain him to a competent lead designer... you know, a guy who can actually judge an idea based on whether it's possible to pull off within the budget or not.

Also a producer who just has a giant posterboard on his desk with the word NO written on it that he's willing to raise over his head a dozen times a day...

Just picturing that makes me laugh But yeah, all his greatest successes where when there were people assigned to the project by a higher power that reigned his squalor in...

Kinda baffling how someone like that can gain such fame

12. Re: Is Godus Dead? Jun 29, 2016, 14:07 Devinoch

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 29, 2016, 07:31:
Molyneux should stay away from video games, go to a rehab, take up painting or something. He`s just cursed.

He is not so much cursed, as he is a tremendous danger to any development if you don't physically chain him to a competent lead designer... you know, a guy who can actually judge an idea based on whether it's possible to pull off within the budget or not.

Also a producer who just has a giant posterboard on his desk with the word NO written on it that he's willing to raise over his head a dozen times a day...

Cliff "Devinoch" Hicks
Host of the Starlight Society Podcast
http://tinyurl.com/starlightsociety/

11. Re: Is Godus Dead? Jun 29, 2016, 07:31 eRe4s3r

10. Re: Is Godus Dead? Jun 29, 2016, 04:42 007Bistromath

It has: Reprisal Universe, the complete realization of something that was a flash game years ago. The graphics are retro, but they still do things period hardware couldn't have, and the gameplay is pretty smooth. There's some kind of community interaction thing going on that feels weird and unnecessary, though.  

9. Re: Is Godus Dead? Jun 29, 2016, 02:32 Tachikoma

8. Re: Is Godus Dead? Jun 28, 2016, 23:24 BIGtrouble77

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 18:47:
If anyone is working on it they are making a financial mistake. That is now a cut your losses and on to the next. There is no chance that this will become some type of big seller all of a sudden.
Exactly, how long is this guy supposed to keep this horse on life support? I feel bad for that dev they hired to try and bring this thing back to life. I don't think anyone thought that was going to turn out well.

I'm curious to see what they come up with next. I'm so bored of Godus, hopefully it is dead and we can all move on.

7. Re: Is Godus Dead? Jun 28, 2016, 22:08 Frijoles

DangerDog wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 21:01:
All they needed to make was Populus with updated graphics.

I'm really surprised this hasn't happened from other companies. I see a lot of procedurally generated landscapes from hobby developers messing around in Unity and wonder how hard it'd be to turn it in to Populous.

6. Re: Is Godus Dead? Jun 28, 2016, 21:01 DangerDog

All they needed to make was Populus with updated graphics.  

5. Re: Is Godus Dead? Jun 28, 2016, 19:04 007Bistromath

I feel like there should be a gofundme to buy the Curiosity winner the Steam library to make up for the fact that Molyneux is never going to do jack shit for him.  

4. Re: Is Godus Dead? Jun 28, 2016, 18:47 HorrorScope

If anyone is working on it they are making a financial mistake. That is now a cut your losses and on to the next. There is no chance that this will become some type of big seller all of a sudden.  

3. Re: Is Godus Dead? Jun 28, 2016, 18:20 Task

“Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man?” Friedrich Nietzsche

Well said Nietz, well said.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

2. Re: Is Godus Dead? Jun 28, 2016, 18:14 Creston

Anyone who gave Peter effing Molyeneneneyuuxyxy money should have realized they'd have been better off just setting it on fire.

1. Re: Is Godus Dead? Jun 28, 2016, 18:10 Mr. Tact

Have you stolen your investors money? Peter Molyneux apparently declined their request for a comment.

There fixed that for you.

Actually I don't know jack about this game or where it's development is at, but given the lack of information and the players involved, I hope no one was really anxious to see this game.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >