the informations from polygon:
- The kickstarter for this goes live on June 28th.
- The kickstarter launch coincides with a FREE demo for Windows on Steam, GOG, and Humble Bundle (and you do not have to pledge anything to try it)
- The kickstarter will have several reward tiers if you really want to invest in it: "collector's edition box with a physical copy of the game (launching on both Windows PC and Xbox One), a miniature and a manual, among other items; there's also a Razer-brand laptop with System Shock-centric detailing. There will be other rewards offered on a variety of tiers."
- Here is a picture of the Collector's Edition box
- If you need a new laptop, here is what the special Razer laptop looks like
with custom 'system shock'-centric detailing
Other neat stuff:
- Concept art of the maps
(from the looks of it, pretty much just like SS1 maps - a giant free-form maze, not linear)
- medical bay stuff
I know it may be too early to say, but this might be a winner. Night Dive Studios are no slouches and they are proving themselves with the old IPs they are buying up that were sitting in purgatory. The SS1 Enhanced Edition is fantastic
with the updated controls. They also released that other old shooter someone mentioned (Strife), and also Turok 1 (Turok 2 arriving soonish).
At least with the Demo we can find out exactly what kind of design they are going for. Its a very smart move. So I'll wait and see what they're made of as far as doing SS1 justice.This comment was edited on Jun 25, 2016, 01:27.