Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement

Ubisoft officially announces Star Trek: Bridge Crew, the VR game about which they already teased us. Here's word on this chance to strap a holodeck to your face and boldly go:
Today at E3, Ubisoft® announced Star Trek™: Bridge Crew, a new virtual reality game where players explore space as a member of the Federation. Playable co-operatively with a crew or solo as Captain, Star Trek: Bridge Crew puts players directly onto the bridge in a Starfleet ship. Under license by CBS Consumer Products, Star Trek: Bridge Crew will be available on PlayStation®VR, Oculus Rift and HTC Vive this fall.

The mission: explore a largely uncharted sector of space known as The Trench, in hopes of locating a suitable new home world for the decimated Vulcan populace while coming into direct conflict with the vaunted Klingon Empire. Star Trek: Bridge Crew puts a player and their friends into the heart of a new starship, the U.S.S. Aegis, where every action and decision that is made together will determine the fate of the ship and crew.

Developed by Red Storm Entertainment, a Ubisoft Studio, Star Trek: Bridge Crew was designed exclusively for VR, capitalizing on the powerful sense of social presence possible through virtual reality. Through hand tracking and full-body avatars, including real-time lip-sync, players can experience what it’s like to serve as an officer on the bridge of a Federation starship.

As a crew, players will form a team of four to operate the roles of Captain, Helm, Tactical or Engineer. Each role is crucial to the success of the varied missions players face, and only by working together can the crew complete their objectives. Also playable in solo, players will assume the role of Captain and dispatch orders to their NPC crew mates. The Captain’s strategic decisions will be vital in order to successfully complete missions.
View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement Aug 29, 2016, 03:42 Vall Forran

Ventura wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 20:38:
Rigs wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 20:24:
Dammit, the JJ-version... *sigh*

Kinda what I was thinking too. Give me classic Trek any day of the week.

That said, as a Trek fan from way back (and someone who also got into VR, having bought two Oculus DK2's), I pretty much *have* to buy this game when it comes out.

Give me a call, I'll fly with 'ya.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement Jun 14, 2016, 20:38 Ventura

Rigs wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 20:24:
Dammit, the JJ-version... *sigh*

Kinda what I was thinking too. Give me classic Trek any day of the week.

That said, as a Trek fan from way back (and someone who also got into VR, having bought two Oculus DK2's), I pretty much *have* to buy this game when it comes out.

10. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement Jun 14, 2016, 20:24 Rigs

Dammit, the JJ-version... *sigh* ...I hope you can mod some TNG or TMP goodness into it. More importantly, I noticed that they're using the same logo for the game that they are for the new 2017 series (and it's by the same CBS group), and there's been speculation whether it will be a 'Prime'-universe show or from the JJ-version...this doesn't bode well for us 'Prime' fanatics. I won't lie, I like the new ST movies for what they are and 'Beyond' looks pretty good too, but I'd really like to bury this whole alternate timeline and get back to the 'real' one as fast as possible. You know they're going to eventually do it once the new movies stop getting cranked out. The sooner, the better...

=-Rigs-=

9. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement Jun 14, 2016, 12:12 sauron

Total geek nirvana.  

Kittens!

8. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement Jun 14, 2016, 09:50 Bundy

I remember seeing her on TV once, she was talking about the Trek conventions and how the other cast had told her that you can leave a Trek show and just do the conventions and make a living solely from that. So she went to one. Just one. Got nerd swarmed. So never again.  

7. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement Jun 14, 2016, 00:39 El Pit

Ranger55 wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 20:38:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 20:34:
Question is can you play this WITHOUT VR?

Better question.... Can I play with Jeri Ryan?

You can play it ON her as long as you do not touch the red alert buttons!

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

6. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement Jun 13, 2016, 22:03 bigspender

Great idea, but this just looks terrible.  

5. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement Jun 13, 2016, 21:02 SlimRam

After watching the video on the page I think I just broke my zipper.  

4. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement Jun 13, 2016, 20:38 Ranger55

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 20:34:

Better question.... Can I play with Jeri Ryan?

3. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement Jun 13, 2016, 20:34 The Half Elf

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

2. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement Jun 13, 2016, 19:07 Hump

The Ubisoft presentation of this with Levar Burton gave me douche chills. So corny and contrived. I hope VR gets through this period of shitty apps to become something interesting.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

1. Re: Star Trek: Bridge Crew Announcement Jun 13, 2016, 19:01 Tipsy McStagger

Pretty good idea for a VR sim if they do it right.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >