Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Watch Dogs 2 in November

The promised world premiere livestream for Watch Dogs 2 just concluded, the first official showing of the open-world hacking sequel. Ubisoft offered a video presentation for the game in which the developers discuss what went well and what was "less good" in the original game, and their plans for a follow-up. The clip confirms the game's San Francisco setting, and also includes the game's cinematic reveal trailer, a hip-hop celebration of anarchy and tech hacking, which is a bit odd coming from a technology corporation. The developers go into the creation of a new protagonist for their new environment, and also discuss creating a world that seems less centered around every action of the main character. This time around you play as Marcus Holloway, and he has a trailer of his own, introducing a character with more parkour and combat moves than his predecessor. They also show off additional hacking targets, an improved combat system, enhanced crafting, and more, expressing a goal of allowing the player to choose a personal balance between combat, stealth, and hacking to accomplish missions. They conclude confirming plans to release Watch Dogs 2 on November 15, 2016.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 9, 2016, 10:04 Burrito of Peace

Slick wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 20:32:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 15:08:
Watch the fun run away and the Dogs howl in sorrow.

That was the most tortured phrasing I've read in a long while, GJ

Thumbsup

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 9, 2016, 02:45 The Half Elf

Retired wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 22:20:
I should finish the first one.....I quit when I was spending more time on invasions than the game. Have to turn that off.

You start playing again let me know I will be more then happy to invade your game (actually I find it rather enjoyable part of the game)

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

28. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 9, 2016, 02:43 Slick

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 02:36:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 22:21:

Also, I didn't think Aiden Pierce was a bad protagonist.

He wasn't but the writing didn't help at all and made the character seem too flat.

Anyway, check the tags on steam. My favorite so far? Dating Sim and Anime.

Agree, the writing felt flat and stock. The character wasn't bad, the voice acting was actually pretty good, just seemed like a character looking for an author.

Bonus points for anyone who picked up on the Luigi Pirandello reference

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

27. No subject Jun 9, 2016, 02:36 Mashiki Amiketo

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 22:21:

He wasn't but the writing didn't help at all and made the character seem too flat.

Anyway, check the tags on steam. My favorite so far? Dating Sim and Anime.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

26. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 22:21 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 17:49:
siapnar wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 15:23:
Creston wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 15:02:
Not sure how good a weapon a billiard ball on a string is... Sure, it'd hurt, but it's not an incapacitation weapon.

The driving still looked pretty awful though...
A poll ball going 80kmph at your temple. Pretty good chance you'd die from that.

IF it hits your temple, sure. Pretty dang hard to aim that weapon though, so more likely you'd sock a guy in the face, and hurt him, or hit him in the shoulder, and make him go "ow" before he guts you with a knife.

Let's put it this way, there's a reason nobody is using that as an actual weapon.

I guarantee you if I hit you with a pool ball on a string you would hit the floor pretty quick. It's the same concept as nunchaku. Sure, they look easy to take a hit from in movies. Hell, guys shrug off punches like nothing in movies. In reality it's very, very easy to break bones or seriously injure someone with them. Shit, I used to get some pretty nasty bruises from practice chucks just learning to control them.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

25. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 22:20 Retired

I should finish the first one.....I quit when I was spending more time on invasions than the game. Have to turn that off.  

24. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 20:37 Slick

nin wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 17:05:
CrimsonPaw wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 16:57:
Call me what you will, but I'm actually looking forward to this. I saw a lot of potential in the original and if they can pull an "Assassin's Creed 1 to 2" on this I think we'll all be happy. Just make a fun game, that's all we can ask though I will NOT be pre-ordering this one like I did the original.

I see potential, but I also remember everyone being blown away by the original watchdogs trailer...

Gonna take a lot of reviews before I jump in this time...

Well, the gameplay in these trailers look like they're obviously running on current hardware, as they don't look very impressive at all. So Doesn't look like there's a bait-and-switch going on.

And while we're talking about downgrading, who should really be at fault?

I mean the game devs actually BUILT the game to look like the E3 demos, and then M$ and $ony are the ones who gimped the living bejesus out of their consoles.

If you think the average gamer is pissed, how do you think the fucking developers are who BUILT the game to such an exacting visual standard feel? Only to have to rip out everything they themselves coded just to get it to run on the equivalent of a mid-range laptop from 2012.

google "The Worse Watch Dogs mod" and play that, you'll see how much love was put into the original game that got stripped out, it's a sight to be seen.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

23. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 20:32 Slick

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 15:08:

That was the most tortured phrasing I've read in a long while, GJ

22. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 20:29 Slick

I liked Watch Dogs 1, probably the only game since GTA 3 that I just kept coming back to every few months. With "The Worse"'s mod which made it look like the E3 demos, it's visually very impressive, and there's just more stuff to do than GTA. GTA V was dissapointing, because it's the same gameplay since GTA 3.

That being said, the mouse controls are STILL broken on Watch Dogs on PC. There's a huge amount of mouse accel, positive and negaitve, that wou can not get rid of. Trust me, I've put in days of troubleshooting, you can reduce it but you can't get rid of it. For the (pretty fun) Multiplayer, it's enough to make you rip your hair out, not being able to aim.

So I'm pretty excited, new character seems like a good move, Aiden felt like he belonged in a film noire videogame, but ended up just coming off as a sappy depressing asshole. I like the parkour, as I love good movement in games, especially open world games.

But I'm SUPREMELY PISSED that they SILL have not fixed the mouse controls in the first game on PC. They said they would in a patch 2 years ago, that patch never came. There are few things which set me off so badly that I'll say: "never again, fuck company X" but this comes really close. Not having 1:1 mouse controls is a giant slap in the face.

It's not a "design decision" like quickmatch only, like a million other gripes that gamers have to say "never again". This isn't design, it's just incompetence. A third person shooter without mouse controls. I could understand if it was only meant to be played with a controller like a racing game, but it's a fucking open world shooter on PC. It's fucking bullshit. ARAGH!! SO MAD JUST THINKING ABOUT IT.

21. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 18:15 Vio

Nope. nothing but trash here.  

20. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 17:49 Creston

Not sure how good a weapon a billiard ball on a string is... Sure, it'd hurt, but it's not an incapacitation weapon.

A poll ball going 80kmph at your temple. Pretty good chance you'd die from that.

IF it hits your temple, sure. Pretty dang hard to aim that weapon though, so more likely you'd sock a guy in the face, and hurt him, or hit him in the shoulder, and make him go "ow" before he guts you with a knife.

Let's put it this way, there's a reason nobody is using that as an actual weapon.

19. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 17:12 Steele Johnson

The concept was good in the first one, but lacked in fun factor.  

"I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol is a guy nailed to two pieces of wood." - George Carlin

18. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 17:05 nin

CrimsonPaw wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 16:57:
Call me what you will, but I'm actually looking forward to this. I saw a lot of potential in the original and if they can pull an "Assassin's Creed 1 to 2" on this I think we'll all be happy. Just make a fun game, that's all we can ask though I will NOT be pre-ordering this one like I did the original.

I see potential, but I also remember everyone being blown away by the original watchdogs trailer...

Gonna take a lot of reviews before I jump in this time...

17. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 16:57 CrimsonPaw

~~Crim~~

16. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 16:42 Tachikoma

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 13:42:
I suspect this will be like Prototype where they replaced the main character from the first one because people complained he wasn't likeable. Then the 2nd game had an even worse main character.

A-men. Only that it`s already confirmed for me, after watching this insufferable douchetool in action.

What a disappointment. Sweet Jaysis. No big surprise, they went with a full hiptard assault, ya know, 2B down wit da kidz. Seriously, a half yupster, half Anonymous 1337 hax00r on steroids? It just couldn`t get any worse.

I was so dismayed by seeing that crap that couldn`t even pay any attention to gameplay. It will probably be great, to add insult to injury. I can`t see myself playing this, I`m way too uncool for this kinda narrative.

(Though if they lemme blow up a Google bus I might change my mind)

15. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 16:26 Retired

Cool  

14. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 15:57 nin

Yea, the driving looks pretty bad again. Here's hoping it's not

I'm hoping "killer yoyo" catches on...

13. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 15:23 siapnar

Yea, the driving looks pretty bad again. Here's hoping it's not

12. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 15:08 Burrito of Peace

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.

11. Re: Watch Dogs 2 in November Jun 8, 2016, 15:03 Creston

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 8, 2016, 13:42:
I suspect this will be like Prototype where they replaced the main character from the first one because people complained he wasn't likeable. Then the 2nd game had an even worse main character.

I don't think it's possible to get a worse character than that douchenozzle from Watch Dogs 1.

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >