7 Million Play Overwatch, Minus a Bunch of Cheaters

Blizzard announces seven million players are currently enjoying Overwatch, their new first-person shooter, saying players have racked up 119 million hours of play in the game's first week. This is in spite of the fact that they have been wielding their ban hammer in Overwatch, as though they haven't made public comment about this in the west since the beta, the Chinese Overwatch forums name and shame 1,572 players before showing them the virtual door. PC Gamer also notes that reports from those who have been banned elsewhere are widespread, and they link to a forum where cheats are sold where there is much hand-wringing about "customer service" for all the cheaters there who have been booted from the game. Blizzard seem to be approaching this with a Terminator-like zeal, as PC Gamer relates an anecdote from one cheater who deleted cleaned his PC and even used a VPN to try and return to the game with fresh copies, but has been repeatedly re-banned.
View : : :

Re: 7 Million Play Overwatch, Minus a Bunch of Cheaters
Jun 2, 2016, 20:52
Re: 7 Million Play Overwatch, Minus a Bunch of Cheaters Jun 2, 2016, 20:52
Jun 2, 2016, 20:52

Saboth wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 20:11:
I wonder what they are using to identify users? The same thing that lets Windows 10 create some kind of unique ID based off of your PC components? Either way, I'm glad the cheaters are shown the door. I wonder if there's anything in the EULA that says you are permanently banned, even if you buy more copies of the game.

More likely something in a ToS you have to agree to in order to play online. I believe those hold a lot more legal weight than an EULA.
Date
Subject
Author
Jun 2, 2016Jun 2 2016
 Re: 7 Million Play Overwatch, Minus a Bunch of Cheaters