Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed

Blizzard tweets about plans to launch competitive play in Overwatch, saying "We'll be introducing our Competitive Play (hopefully) later in July," a change from their previously announced intention to get this going by the end of this month. A later tweet specifies: "We're aiming for mid-to-late July." In related news, Overwatch principle designer Geoff Goodman touches on balance changes for the multiplayer shooter in a couple of replies to a thread on the Overwatch forums on the topic. Blizzard has not discussed balance changes before, and this is not comprehensive, but he does specifically mention the possibility of nerfing McCree and buffing D.Va. This post about D.Va says that she probably need improvements, but based on the nature of the character he says that this is unlikely to be in the form of increased damage, and in this post he discusses corralling everyone's favorite cowboy:
I've been watching McCree carefully since we've released. McCree's flashbang plays an important role in being a strong option against very fast/agile teams (tracers/genjis/etc). It is also a nice tool to prevent close range devastating abilities and ultimates such as Reaper's Death Blossom.

That said, its probably a bit too good at dealing damage to higher health targets such as Tanks and barriers. I don't have any concrete changes yet, but I'm going to be testing some things internally to see how he plays.
View : : :

Re: Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed
Jun 1, 2016, 18:35
Re: Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed Jun 1, 2016, 18:35
Jun 1, 2016, 18:35

justice7 wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 12:49:
You're also incorrect, the game plays wonderfully on the console. PC vs Console on Overwatch is entirely subjective. I have played it on PC and Xbox One and I happen to prefer the One's closed environment and level playing field.

I could keep going, just wanted to prove you very wrong. ;p
...I don't think your post proved anything except sharing an opinion that you prefer a lesser experience that is foisted on all players. Which is fine....but hardly firm ground to stand on. The hard truth is that both platforms have their strengths....which is something I'll happily state on whatever-centric site I'm on. Party games or just plain fun group games are always better on consoles. If you were talking about a 3rd person shooter or adventure game...I'll grant you that they are designed for gamepads/controllers (which I have for my PC as well). FPS, MOBA, RTS, etc....for the most part are always better experiences with KB&M. Graphics/sound/loadtimes are almost always beaten by PC unless you're looking at a port that was gimped.
Date
Subject
Author
Jun 1, 2016Jun 1 2016
Jun 1, 2016Jun 1 2016
   Re: Competitive Overwatch Delayed; Balance Changes Discussed