Black Desert Online Expansion Next Month

Daum Games announces a June 1st release date for part one of the Valencia expansion for Black Desert Online, their MMORPG. Here's word on what this will bring to the game:
Black Desert Online keeps getting larger and larger as the first part of the next major expansion, Valencia, receives a June 1 release date.

The new content increases the size of the world by an additional 30% and also brings hundreds of new quests, some of which extend the main storyline.

With Valencia Part One, players will be able to journey to an expansive desert region where exploration will take a completely different turn. Extreme heat during daytime requires proper hydration and intense cold at night requires players to stay warm. Additionally, a new weather effect, sandstorm, inflicts damage unless players set up a tent to protect themselves. The minimap will be unavailable, but getting lost is not all bad―who knows what treasure your shovel may strike?

Regular horses and wagons are not ideal to traverse the desert and will see their speed lowered. Thankfully, players will be able to purchase Camels from NPCs, which fare much better in these harsh conditions. Another new mount, the Guild-owned Elephant, serves as a powerful war mount in sieges.
View : : :
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Black Desert Online Expansion Next Month
May 18, 2016, 16:17
Re: Black Desert Online Expansion Next Month May 18, 2016, 16:17
May 18, 2016, 16:17

Hmm.. I was wondering if this was going to be just another flashy Dud... seems like I might be right.

Unfortunately, almost every MMO in the last 20 years has been a shitty clone/rip off or just obvious grind fest of daily quests.

I like character progression, I don't like obvious time sink daily quest bullshit.

I really hope someone makes another unforgiving Everquest or Ultima Online type game. Dark Souls Online for example... Except that would probably be a horribly buggy/laggy mess with I-frames and such.

May 18, 2016, 15:25
Re: Black Desert Online Expansion Next Month May 18, 2016, 15:25
May 18, 2016, 15:25

Jivaro wrote on May 18, 2016, 14:02:
MMOs that fail at making you feel like an integral part of the world tend to have a hard time holding my attention. Heck, any game that fails at that would be hard pressed to keep my attention. When I am "just another grunt" there really isn't any reason to care about the character.

I feel the opposite, to be honest. I prefer being rolled in to a group of ambiguous 'adventurers' or 'heroes' who have done good deeds in the past but are more or less background noise within the current world. It fits more in line with an MMO whereas being a Commander in Warlords makes little to no sense since you're not treated as such. Taking orders from those beneath your rank, being sent out on quests to collect hides, playing delivery boy and the countless other players who fill the exact same role removes the feeling you should get when being given such rank and the power it should come with.

Now in Legion, we're literally playing as the chosen one to lead our Class in to battle but not until we kill eight Kobolds, gather ten bear hides, and deliver a message to an Innkeeper.

May 18, 2016, 14:22
Re: Black Desert Online Expansion Next Month May 18, 2016, 14:22
May 18, 2016, 14:22

No real end game at present unless you want to pvp and that has more problems than it should too.

May 18, 2016, 14:02
Jivaro

Re: Black Desert Online Expansion Next Month May 18, 2016, 14:02
May 18, 2016, 14:02
 Jivaro

I had high hopes for this as well. It exceeded them in some ways, unfortunately there are some real letdowns in key areas of the gameplay, story, and progression that make it hard for me to keep being motivated to play. I made he decision to come back to it later...like in a year...a see where it's at.

MMOs that fail at making you feel like an integral part of the world tend to have a hard time holding my attention. Heck, any game that fails at that would be hard pressed to keep my attention. When I am "just another grunt" there really isn't any reason to care about the character. If it takes too long to get to a point where I care about my character I will inevitably go play something else. As I have said on this site quite a few times....too many games competing for my money and spare time to bang my head against a brick wall desperately trying to find a reason to play a game.

TLDR: Lots of shiny in this game, not enough substance. Right now anyway.

May 18, 2016, 13:31
Re: Black Desert Online Expansion Next Month May 18, 2016, 13:31
May 18, 2016, 13:31

I bought the game, and really tried to like it. But it's kind of a mess of a product.
The combat never felt right. It felt overly complicated, and the game runs..off. The framerate felt lower than it displayed. Maybe due to micro-stutter and horrid pop-in, or just how it renders, i dunno. The whole thing felt messy. And that voice acting, my God..

The one good thing is after 20 hours of playing, they gave me a refund with no issue. Refreshing.

It has potential. I wish them well in the future.

May 18, 2016, 11:03
Re: Black Desert Online Expansion Next Month May 18, 2016, 11:03
May 18, 2016, 11:03

It needs lots of polish more than it needs more content! This game is not what many hoped it would be. Watch the player counts plateau or fall soon...

Perpetual debt is slavery.
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older