The Division Free Update Details

UbiBlog has details on an upcoming patch coming to Tom Clancy's The Division that will include Conflict, the first of two free planned content updates for the tactical shooter. This trailer offers a look at some of what's coming in version 1.2, and here's a bit from the accompanying post:
The Division team has released the first details on the free Conflict update – the second of two free updates for The Division – which arrives May 24 on Xbox One, PS4, and PC. One of its biggest additions is Clear Sky, a brand new Incursion in Columbus Circle. Pitting Division Agents against Rikers, Clear Sky challenges you to take back a formerly LMB-controlled anti-air missile site, restore safe passage to the skies over Manhattan, and reclaim supply drops stolen by Rikers.

Another new feature coming in the Conflict update is high-value targets (HVT). The HVT officer inside your base of operations will provide you with a list of these targets, along with a description, their level, and the recommended gear score you need to engage them. You’ll have a limited amount of time and only one chance to take down these targets.

The Dark Zone will see some changes that are going to make extractions even more intense than they were before. Specifically, Agents will now have the option to hijack your loot. This means that a player can run to an extraction rope and cut it, causing all of the loot to fall to the ground.

View : : :
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: The Division Free Update Details
May 18, 2016, 12:22
Re: The Division Free Update Details May 18, 2016, 12:22
May 18, 2016, 12:22

Cutter wrote on May 17, 2016, 22:23:
So is this thing dead yet or what?

Basically yes. If you pull the steam charts you can see that the server pop fell off a cliff when they released Patch 1.1 which nerfed crafting. They basically told gamers "don't bother playing this anymore." Also the hacks really started to pile on in the DZ which only exacerbated the problem.

May 18, 2016, 08:42
Re: The Division Free Update Details May 18, 2016, 08:42
May 18, 2016, 08:42

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 17, 2016, 22:35:
The co-workers that talked me into getting this have all quit now. The game is shit once you've played through the PvE and have to start grinding. This update doesn't sound like it's going to do anything to fix any of the many many problems the game has.

Comes out the same day as Overwatch too, which is what everyone I know will be playing that day rather than this
Have the exact same experience as you. The end-game has left me with a bad taste regarding the entire game even though the co-up up to the level cap and a few trips to the DZ was fun the first couple of times. I can't see myself returning to the game short of them basically giving out a free expansion.

DarkZone PvP is a bad joke. Granted, I find "PvP" in gear-oriented games downright silly anyway, but Division's combination of signiture skills, loot and cheat infestation took it to new heights.

May 18, 2016, 06:09
Re: The Division Free Update Details May 18, 2016, 06:09
May 18, 2016, 06:09

My co-op group enjoyed the content and DZ (cheats were an issue but not an enormous one) until I (the tanky build) started crashing out after the last patch in Falcon Down. Turns out, the sound of the big cannon explosion causes some SLI users to crash if you are looking in the direction of the sound source...

At that point, we kinda gave up until they fixed the shit, guess we'll see when the patch drops...

May 18, 2016, 04:32
Re: The Division Free Update Details May 18, 2016, 04:32
May 18, 2016, 04:32

At this point I'm mostly waiting to see if they put out some decent add-on PVE content... Not just raids, but like more map area and story missions. I really didn't care much for the OWPVP in this game even before it went completely to shit.

May 18, 2016, 03:00
Re: The Division Free Update Details May 18, 2016, 03:00
May 18, 2016, 03:00

Apparently their netcode is unsalvageable, so cheating will run rampant for months to come, if not indefinitely.

Sometimes i see the icon on my desktop and tell myself i should load it back up, then the small, quiet, smart voice in my head asks "Why?"

May 18, 2016, 01:36
Re: The Division Free Update Details May 18, 2016, 01:36
May 18, 2016, 01:36

The Half Elf wrote on May 17, 2016, 22:59:
What I want to see is more of the story about the 1st wave of The Division (the player is part of the second wave) and more of the story about how it all went down, and the rogue agents.

Yeah, they really screwed up by not doing more with the story, and they've pretty much wasted most of what they created by not doing any sort of endgame that utilizes the city outside of the DZ. They really didn't think this thing through.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

May 17, 2016, 22:59
Re: The Division Free Update Details May 17, 2016, 22:59
May 17, 2016, 22:59

It's still going, but they are making some REALLY bad choices with end game content that is mimicking Everquest's. They need to FIX/BALANCE PVP and instead of doing that THEN adding PVP content they are just charging headlong into it. Dark Zones are still full of cheats and hacks, and some really out of whack builds.

What I want to see is more of the story about the 1st wave of The Division (the player is part of the second wave) and more of the story about how it all went down, and the rogue agents.

May 17, 2016, 22:35
Re: The Division Free Update Details May 17, 2016, 22:35
May 17, 2016, 22:35

The co-workers that talked me into getting this have all quit now. The game is shit once you've played through the PvE and have to start grinding. This update doesn't sound like it's going to do anything to fix any of the many many problems the game has.

Comes out the same day as Overwatch too, which is what everyone I know will be playing that day rather than this
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

May 17, 2016, 22:23
Re: The Division Free Update Details May 17, 2016, 22:23
May 17, 2016, 22:23

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older