Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Sunday Interviews May 16, 2016, 07:52 rudra

jdreyer wrote on May 15, 2016, 19:02:
rudra wrote on May 15, 2016, 14:50:
jdreyer wrote on May 15, 2016, 14:37:
I love his positivity for life.

hes living the fucking dream, of course hes positive about life

its not inspiring, just logical

seeing those special olympics guys being all happy and shit - now thats something

I'm not so sure that it's as automatic as you suggest. I've read interviews with lower tier actors who have lamented not becoming the next Brad Pitt or Harrison Ford. Mark went from starring in one of the most beloved and iconic movies ever made to doing TV work and then voice acting. There are lots of ways Hamill could have viewed and reacted to this progression, but he chose to react positively and embrace it. He could have chosen alcohol or drugs, as many others have.

thats just an abnormal psyche... to further my point about logic - anyone with abnormal psyche issues will always be controlled, motivated, driven, etc. by those abnormal issues until they are resolved

doesnt matter how rich or poor you are

but in this case, lets say a psychologically healthy person has 3 kids, a dead end job at the power plant, etc. - they have reason to be unhappy

lets say a psychologically healthy person is a multi-million dollar actor, beloved by countless fans all over the world - they have a reason to be happy

you could say "wow - that mega rich actor doesnt have any psychological problems... thats so inspiring" but to me thats just completely fucking ridiculous.. like utterly twisted ridiculous

not unexpected at all, however

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Sunday Interviews May 15, 2016, 20:03 Kosumo

So Mark, how is the gameplay?  

7. Re: Sunday Interviews May 15, 2016, 19:02 jdreyer

rudra wrote on May 15, 2016, 14:50:

seeing those special olympics guys being all happy and shit - now thats something

I'm not so sure that it's as automatic as you suggest. I've read interviews with lower tier actors who have lamented not becoming the next Brad Pitt or Harrison Ford. Mark went from starring in one of the most beloved and iconic movies ever made to doing TV work and then voice acting. There are lots of ways Hamill could have viewed and reacted to this progression, but he chose to react positively and embrace it. He could have chosen alcohol or drugs, as many others have.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

6. Re: Sunday Interviews May 15, 2016, 18:50 CJ_Parker

Hamill:

I don't know how many millions of people must be involved in raising that kind of money, but that just shows you the reputation that Chris has developed over the years in the gaming community because he's very well respected. People are really excited for this game, and it's interesting because people either have no idea what it is at all or they're ultra-passionate fans. There's no middle ground. That's the very definition of a cult following.

^ Hahaha indeed.

5. Re: Sunday Interviews May 15, 2016, 17:27 Dagnamit

I'm as big a SC optimist as anybody, but, I got a laugh out of the sinking of the Titanic being in invoked in an article about SC.  

4. Re: Sunday Interviews May 15, 2016, 14:50 rudra

3. Re: Sunday Interviews May 15, 2016, 14:37 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

2. Re: Sunday Interviews May 15, 2016, 14:20 SlimRam

yonder wrote on May 15, 2016, 13:52:
So, so far.

Back then we paid for games AFTER they were released.
Rotfl Thread over, you won sir!

1. Re: Sunday Interviews May 15, 2016, 13:52 yonder

So, so far.

Back then we paid for games AFTER they were released.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >