Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: etc. May 16, 2016, 07:55 rudra

thats true - to be fair most of the early games hid all the ancient aliens stuff until the very last second or under lots of cryptic bullshit..

definitely surprised me tho - so, to dismiss that seems odd - but totally expected because im sure this movie is not being made by gamers, but movie people

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: etc. May 16, 2016, 05:23 Domgrief

rudra wrote on May 15, 2016, 13:08:
We don't want this to be a superhero film, we want it to be a film that embraces what it is to be human. All our jumps and all our parkouring, it has to feel as though you're watching it and thinking, on a good day I could do this. Otherwise I think it goes into a fantasy, which I don't think the game is about.

well then obviously you havent played it or know anything at all about the background story... which is maybe important when you are the director of the film?

I don't know - most of the fans I know are blinkered to the ridiculousness of the plot and praise the attention to historical detail. The essential plot of the games paint a popular sort of dystopian future and alternate history that might translate well into a more gritty, realistic film, and the cinematographer for True Detective would be a good asset for that.

The gameplay, and really the spirit of the games, seems to be more about ridiculous parkour, jumping from heights that would kill a normal person before they hit the ground, and the general superhero vibe of a single character capable of killing a million men without getting caught. I don't think there's much that you could borrow from that part of the game except for maybe the panoramic vistas.

4. Re: etc. May 16, 2016, 03:30 VaranDragon

SlimRam wrote on May 16, 2016, 02:28:
  • Watch an Original ‘Doom’ Level Remade in the New ‘Doom’.

• I just got a new computer and since I was able to run the new DOOM, I figured I would try it out. So far, I think it's really good and I've spent more time than I thought I would playing with the map builder. I've played a few of DOOM remake maps and decided to try my hand at making one. It's the first map in DOOM 2 and it's as close as I could make it to the original one. It's called 'SlimRam's DOOM 2 E1M1 Entryway',try it out and let me know!

Will do!

3. Re: etc. May 16, 2016, 02:28 SlimRam

• Watch an Original ‘Doom’ Level Remade in the New ‘Doom’.

• I just got a new computer and since I was able to run the new DOOM, I figured I would try it out. So far, I think it's really good and I've spent more time than I thought I would playing with the map builder. I've played a few of DOOM remake maps and decided to try my hand at making one. It's the first map in DOOM 2 and it's as close as I could make it to the original one. It's called 'SlimRam's DOOM 2 E1M1 Entryway',try it out and let me know!

2. Re: etc. May 15, 2016, 20:13 bigspender

lol that doom level "remade" my ass. It's vaguely similar, but I wouldn't have known it unless someone told me. Not bad for a first attempt I suppose.  

1. Re: etc. May 15, 2016, 13:08 rudra

We don't want this to be a superhero film, we want it to be a film that embraces what it is to be human. All our jumps and all our parkouring, it has to feel as though you're watching it and thinking, on a good day I could do this. Otherwise I think it goes into a fantasy, which I don't think the game is about.

well then obviously you havent played it or know anything at all about the background story... which is maybe important when you are the director of the film?

but i guess if you are just trying to make a good movie, dont really matter.. wont really have much ass creed in it, but hey - a mans gotta eat right

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 ] Older >