Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed

Electronic Arts Reports Q4 FY16 and Full Year FY16 Financial Results, showing better than expected earnings, partly based on Star Wars Battlefront selling more than 14 million units. According to Eurogamer the earning conference call with investors revealed a new installment in the Star Wars Battlefront series from Visceral, most likely in 2018, and they note power point-style version of the report shows Titanfall 2 with a fiscal Q3 2017 release window, which is Q4 2016 on normal calendars. Here's more on their earnings:

• For fiscal year 2016, GAAP net revenue was $4.396 billion of which 55% or $2.409 billion was digital, gross margin was 69.2%, operating margin was 20.4%, and GAAP diluted earnings per share was $3.50. During fiscal 2016, EA recorded a $453 million credit related to the reversal of a valuation allowance reserve on certain deferred tax assets. This credit increased our diluted GAAP earnings per share for fiscal 2016 by $1.37 per share to $3.50, but had no effect on non-GAAP earnings or cash flow.
  • For fiscal year 2016, non-GAAP net revenue was $4.566 billion of which 55% or $2.531 billion was digital, non-GAAP gross margin was 71.4%, non-GAAP operating margin was 28.5%, non-GAAP diluted earnings per share was $3.14 and operating cash flow was $1.223 billion. All of these are fiscal year records.
  • For the quarter, non-GAAP net revenue of $924 million was above guidance of $875 million. Diluted non-GAAP earnings per share of $0.50 was above guidance of $0.40.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed May 11, 2016, 14:02 Nullity

CJ_Parker wrote on May 11, 2016, 01:49:
What I am wondering about here is whether this next Battlefront will have a single player campaign and whether it is the Visceral project that Amy Hennig is working on or are they making a single player Star Wars action game *and* the new multiplayer-only Battlefront right now?
I was wondering the same thing. Uncharted is one of my all-time favorite series, and connecting these dots has made me cautiously optimistic.

Though for me personally, no single-player/co-op campaign, no sale.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed May 11, 2016, 13:34 Kxmode

Flak wrote on May 11, 2016, 11:45:
Being a contrarian is cute, until you make yourself look like a jackass.

Is it bad that I thought contrarian is a gamer who really loves Contra?

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

17. Re: EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed May 11, 2016, 11:48 nin

Flak wrote on May 11, 2016, 11:45:
Being a contrarian is cute, until you make yourself look like a jackass.

sig worthy!

https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/sets/before-the-flood-soundtrack-1
https://dancewiththedead.bandcamp.com/

16. Re: EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed May 11, 2016, 11:45 Flak

Slick wrote on May 11, 2016, 08:41:
jdreyer wrote on May 11, 2016, 05:28:
14 MILLION??? Jesus fucking Christ. I had no idea there were so many idiots out there. That's around $500M gross. And it will dissuade them from making a deeper game with more bells and whistles. "People loved Battlefront! Let's streamline it further! And they didn't even miss single player!"

Yeah, because every voice on the internet all shouted with a coherent voice: "This game is perfect, don't change anything"

• hashtageyeroll

And to the guy saying: "I never touch X games, I forgot they change studios every other game, scoff". First off, EA has had rights to the Battlefront for exactly one game. Before that Battlefront was published by a little known star wars developer called LucasArts. I know doing your homework is hard, but it's prerequisite to not looking like a jackass in public when you run your mouth.

hastagdoubleeyeroll

LOL, yeah because Visceral is going to do a better job? Gimme a break. Being a contrarian is cute, until you make yourself look like a jackass.

#hashtag
    #RIPinpiece

15. Re: EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed May 11, 2016, 09:38 Creston

4.5 billion dollars. Holy shit.

14. Re: EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed May 11, 2016, 09:23 Task

Hope y'all are ready for the next cashing ins from EA. Yearly or semi-yearly mediocre, non-moddable, little depth as possible Battlefront games.  

MekPak Variants Mod - BattleTech Beta

13. Re: EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed May 11, 2016, 08:41 Slick

14 MILLION??? Jesus fucking Christ. I had no idea there were so many idiots out there. That's around $500M gross. And it will dissuade them from making a deeper game with more bells and whistles. "People loved Battlefront! Let's streamline it further! And they didn't even miss single player!"

Yeah, because every voice on the internet all shouted with a coherent voice: "This game is perfect, don't change anything"

hashtageyeroll

And to the guy saying: "I never touch X games, I forgot they change studios every other game, scoff". First off, EA has had rights to the Battlefront for exactly one game. Before that Battlefront was published by a little known star wars developer called LucasArts. I know doing your homework is hard, but it's prerequisite to not looking like a jackass in public when you run your mouth.

hastagdoubleeyeroll

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

12. Re: EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed May 11, 2016, 08:12 christheshitter

We are talking about 14 million pre-pubertal kids coming in all ages.

11. Re: EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed May 11, 2016, 05:28 jdreyer

Stay a while, and listen.

10. Re: EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed May 11, 2016, 03:34 Kxmode

Gadzooks wrote on May 11, 2016, 00:20:
    lets see how many people are duped into buying the sequel.

Sick of EAs business plan

sell a version missing a lot of things, promise it in the next version.

What you're describing is called the second-system effect. Software engineers are notorious for it.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

9. Re: EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed May 11, 2016, 02:50 BIGtrouble77

CJ_Parker wrote on May 11, 2016, 01:49:
    BIGtrouble77 wrote on May 11, 2016, 01:39:
    How is it they start on a new game when they have 3 more dlc to release? Do the interns finish it?

Dude? Last game was made by DICE, next one is made by Visceral but even if this were not so, yes, the DLC is certainly rarely worked on by the full team.
    I haven't bought an EA title in over a decade. I forgot they change dev studios every other release.

8. Re: EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed May 11, 2016, 02:34 ZeroPike1

I just bought my son the season pass for this horrible game... How is it they start on a new game when they have 3 more dlc to release? Do the interns finish it?

This is EA we are talking about. "Your a long way from home and your stuck in the same town as the rest of us. Come on over to the Bar and get a drink, we will set you up a Tab."

So Visceral made a couple of games it seems, probably because DICE is focused on BF1 now. Here's the wiki list: Visceral Wiki

7. Re: EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed May 11, 2016, 01:49 CJ_Parker

How is it they start on a new game when they have 3 more dlc to release? Do the interns finish it?

Dude? Last game was made by DICE, next one is made by Visceral but even if this were not so, yes, the DLC is certainly rarely worked on by the full team.

What I am wondering about here is whether this next Battlefront will have a single player campaign and whether it is the Visceral project that Amy Hennig is working on or are they making a single player Star Wars action game *and* the new multiplayer-only Battlefront right now?

6. Re: EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed May 11, 2016, 01:39 BIGtrouble77

I just bought my son the season pass for this horrible game... How is it they start on a new game when they have 3 more dlc to release? Do the interns finish it?  

5. Re: EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed May 11, 2016, 01:29 KilrathiAce

I bet as usual everyone will be salivating and running to preorder the hype, just like last battlefront, and same as its happening with BF1 now....  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
    Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

4. Re: EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed May 11, 2016, 00:50 Slick

Did you guys miss that DICE isn't making the Battlefront sequel?

That should be hopeful news for everyone that didn't like the DICE game...

They did a lot right with that game, and not too much wrong, but the wrong stuff was pretty bad, no server browsers, no depth to the progression, and limited big maps on launch. Still, it was a fun romp for a month.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

3. Re: EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed May 11, 2016, 00:20 Gadzooks

lets see how many people are duped into buying the sequel.

Sick of EAs business plan

sell a version missing a lot of things, promise it in the next version.

2. Re: EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed May 11, 2016, 00:14 Lord Laggart

It was a lot of fun for a few hours. I haven't touched it since i Rented it though. Looked pretty pixelated on the Xbox one. All they had to do was follow the already proven Battlefield formula, and it would have been a way better game. The Arcadeyness made it easy to pick up and even easier to put down  

1. Re: EA Financials - Battlefront Sequel Revealed May 10, 2016, 23:51 SM0k3

Wasnt bad enough the first time eh?  

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
    and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo