Grand Theft Auto Online Update Plans

The Rockstar Newswire has details on a new updates planned for the coming months in Grand Theft Auto Online, the multiplayer component of Grand Theft Auto V. Along with promising more special bonus weeks, they outline the following plans for additional content for the open-world crime sequel:
We hope that you’ve been enjoying all of the recent updates to GTA Online, like this spring’s inventory of Lowriders Custom Classics and all of the newest game modes – and get ready for a lot more to come in 2016, including some massive, feature-rich updates to GTA Online in the weeks and months ahead:

• In the stealing and dealing successor to Executives and Other Criminals, embark on further adventures in finance and felony as your Organization enters the lucrative and dangerous world of contraband trafficking. You’ll be working with your team from a selection of big new properties that serve as both headquarters for your Organization and warehouses for your hot merchandise. Manage inventory directly from your HQ, arranging to buy and sell anything from jewels to narcotics to medical supplies from a range of nefarious suppliers. Expect the unexpected as you head out with your team to make each pickup. Keep your stock in mint condition to maintain value and sell at a profit – and watch for raids on your warehouses between shipments!
  • Cunning stunts: for crazy vehicular action comes a major update to the wild world of GTA Online racing and stunting that will introduce a new realm of creative and fun games. Expect a slew of new stunt-ready vehicles and gear - and the inspired Creator scene will be getting a vast new set of props, for an evolution of stunting, racing and trials-style creations, and other gameplay possibilities that will surely defy imagination.

...AND MORE
Look for other additional updates to arrive, including more fun new Adversary Modes. There are new locations coming for the recently released In and Out – where a group of Attackers must smash-and-grab their way to steal coveted packages from Defenders who are outnumbered, but far from outgunned. And stay tuned for info on other fun, competitive, team-based modes to come.

View : : :
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Update Plans
May 10, 2016, 15:09
Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Update Plans May 10, 2016, 15:09
May 10, 2016, 15:09

Headquarters for our organizations sounds like it could be pretty sweet! The last VIP update was great for freeroam money making activities. Personally can't stand all these stupid stunt\parkour races people have been making but they might be fun with actual props designed for it.

May 10, 2016, 13:22
Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Update Plans May 10, 2016, 13:22
May 10, 2016, 13:22

I actually wish they would stop updating the game because I only play single player and the updates always fuck up my mods!

May 10, 2016, 11:36
Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Update Plans May 10, 2016, 11:36
May 10, 2016, 11:36

It's sad to see a game with such insane multiplayer potential brought down this far.

May 10, 2016, 10:52
Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Update Plans May 10, 2016, 10:52
May 10, 2016, 10:52

The problem ultimately is that this is their first attempt at GTA multiplayer, and they simply took single-player mechanics and tacked on the multiplayer. I do feel like they know the big issues, and I also feel like they're already diverting resources from further updates for the current iteration towards GTA6 and the next (hopefully better) version of Online.

That said, you gotta admit a game with all the features of GTA is a pretty big undertaking for an online game. It has way more in it than any MMO ever had, as far as sheer variety in different things you can do.

As for heists, I have actually had some success joining other random players' heists via invite. There's a lot of room for improvement, yes, but they can be done all the same.

May 10, 2016, 10:48
Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Update Plans May 10, 2016, 10:48
May 10, 2016, 10:48

Way too many hackers anymore. I deleted the game.

May 10, 2016, 09:59
Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Update Plans May 10, 2016, 09:59
May 10, 2016, 09:59

Sempai wrote on May 10, 2016, 06:12:
How come you haven't been able to do heists? I'm out of the loop.

Not being able to do Heists is entirely Rockstar's fault. Their matchmaking system coupled with the strict player count (4) requirements made it far to painful to run a heist without having your own heist group setup outside of the game. So unless you have 3 other friends who play and are free at the same time, then you're just out of luck.

I tried to run a heist through their matchmaking system and it was incredibly painful. 1hr of waiting for 2 people to join is horrendous. You can't even mess around in the world while waiting for the matchmaking, you're stuck staring at the heist lobby. It's pretty hard to keep the extra person there sitting with you staring at the lobby screen for 15+min for the next person to jump in.

When you do finally get a group going, you'll get these assholes who simply up and leave the game in the middle of the game (failing your heist) or hold it hostage by demanding a larger cut of the proceeds. In heists the host of the heist has to put up his own money to launch the heist but gets to dictate the cuts at final payout. It's horrible game design meets horrible multiplayer matchmaking.

I was very much looking forward to heists too. Any faint glimmer of hope we had for having AI partners is simply out the door as you can tell from this update that all they focus on are the MP maps/modes. Lesson learned.

May 10, 2016, 08:50
Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Update Plans May 10, 2016, 08:50
May 10, 2016, 08:50

Sempai wrote on May 10, 2016, 06:12:
ForgedReality wrote on May 10, 2016, 01:15:
Yeah. I haven't even been able to do a single heist, and that was one of the features I was really looking forward to.

And am i the only one who feels the community of gamers at large today are a bunch of useless mouth breathers?

What is with the epidemic of cheating in games today?
Why do you bother playing games at all? It's certainly not for the challenge or skill level..

I do not get it. I just don't..

And yes the Ubisofts and 2k's should get flack for not monitoring and enforcing, but maybe they're not the problem here, the people playing their games are.

Because these shitty assholes ruin everything. You can't go online in that game without some prick coming along and grieving everyone. There's no time to find someone looking to do a heist and I don't have enough friends in the game to set one up since it's impossible to play long enough to find someone who isn't a fucking dick.

May 10, 2016, 06:12
Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Update Plans May 10, 2016, 06:12
May 10, 2016, 06:12

ForgedReality wrote on May 10, 2016, 01:15:
Yeah. I haven't even been able to do a single heist, and that was one of the features I was really looking forward to.

And am i the only one who feels the community of gamers at large today are a bunch of useless mouth breathers?

What is with the epidemic of cheating in games today?
Why do you bother playing games at all? It's certainly not for the challenge or skill level..

I do not get it. I just don't..

And yes the Ubisofts and 2k's should get flack for not monitoring and enforcing, but maybe they're not the problem here, the people playing their games are.

May 10, 2016, 01:15
Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Update Plans May 10, 2016, 01:15
May 10, 2016, 01:15

May 9, 2016, 22:42
Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Update Plans May 9, 2016, 22:42
May 9, 2016, 22:42

The over the top cheating ruined the game for me. Along with zero enforcement, wasted money.

May 9, 2016, 20:53
Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Update Plans May 9, 2016, 20:53
May 9, 2016, 20:53

Don't bother fixing the cheating though.
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older