Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Overwatch Open Beta Overtime

Blizzard announces open beta testing of Overwatch is being extended, giving everyone an additional day to check out the multiplayer shooter before it goes into hibernation for a couple of weeks before its official launch. Things were supposed to wrap up midday tomorrow, but now the beta will run until Tuesday. Here's the plan:

We hope everyone has been enjoying the Overwatch Open Beta. We certainly have! We've loved being able to play alongside you on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. Over the last week, we've also had the opportunity to listen to your thoughts and opinions on the game; make improvements based on your reports in these very forums; and collect invaluable data just from you playing normally.

We couldn't be more grateful. So, as a small way of saying "thank you" to our community and the millions of players who've logged in so far, we will be extending the Open Beta by 1 day on all platforms. This means the beta will now conclude on May 10 at 10:00 a.m. PDT in all regions.

For time zone assistance, please visit: thetimezoneconverter.com

Enjoy the 24 hours of overtime, and we hope to see you again May 24!

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 9, 2016, 18:27 Mordecai Walfish

Been having alot of fun over the weekend with overwatch. Really glad they extended the open beta so I can play for a bit tonight too. This went from interesting to a sure-buy after a couple hours of playing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 9, 2016, 16:49 Xokerat

"So Overwatch is a TF2 ripoff.....and Battleborn is a Monday Night Combat ripoff. Laugh."

I enjoy Overwatch more than I did TF2 to be honest due to the variety of characters, and I enjoyed Monday Night Combat more than I do Battleborn by a large margin.

Monday Night at least felt more robust when it came to player vs player combat. Time to kill was shorter so you felt more powerfull.
Battleborn often times feels like you are swinging a wet towel in random directions hoping you hit something, and when you do, it does so with an unsatisfying "slosh" and a quiet whimper from your foe.
I however got fairly bored of MNC very quickly, as I suspect many people did as the player count dropped of very quickly in that game.

26. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 9, 2016, 13:16 Primalchrome

Xokerat wrote on May 9, 2016, 02:38:
The heroes are all very bland and boring and each round takes way too long to slog through judging by the 10 or so games I have painfully forced my self to go through.

It just fails on all fronts in my view.
It takes far too long to kill minions and the damage you do with your specials even at level 10 is pathetic when considering player health pools.
So Overwatch is a TF2 ripoff.....and Battleborn is a Monday Night Combat ripoff. Laugh.

25. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 9, 2016, 11:05 Luke

Asmodai wrote on May 9, 2016, 09:46:
deqer wrote on May 8, 2016, 20:03:
Gabe's Valve's TF2 got STOMPED!

TF2 was released in 2007...

If it takes 9 years to come up with something to "stomp" a title, I'd say the title has done it's job.

ps. Gaben must have touched your no hole pretty hard to cause this much whiney teenage angst.

Well some whiney because other whiney .....whiney

24. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 9, 2016, 09:52 nin

Asmodai wrote on May 9, 2016, 09:46:

If it takes 9 years to come up with something to "stomp" a title, I'd say the title has done it's job.

ps. Gaben must have touched your no hole pretty hard to cause this much whiney teenage angst.

Um, that's how he always sounds...

23. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 9, 2016, 09:46 Asmodai

22. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 9, 2016, 05:57 Luke

Like the fruit...mango  

21. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 9, 2016, 05:37 rudra

Xokerat wrote on May 9, 2016, 02:38:
the typical Gearbox humor wich is nice

always boggles my mind to hear that

20. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 9, 2016, 05:29 Muscular Beaver

intermarer wrote on May 9, 2016, 02:06:
I really liked Overwatch, but it made me come to the realization that I'm getting old. I get destroyed and that is not fun.

I also question how long this will keep people entertained for. The progression system didn't do anything for me. I didn't feel like I was working towards anything.
Im getting old too, and I am getting destroyed too if I start a new game. But after a few days and a week the latest its very noticeable that my reaction time improves and I start to destroy again.
Older people just give up too quickly, because they think their age is the problem and they cant change that. Thats complete and utter bullshit. Youre never too old to learn new stuff or to train old stuff to be able to do it as good again as before.
But if you tell yourself "Im just too old", of course you will never be good again.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

19. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 9, 2016, 02:38 Xokerat

Im a MMO nut.. love me some PvE and leveling!

But Battleborn is just trash in my eyes.
Its painfull to play its so slow, messy, cluttered and lacks all "oompf" in all skills and abilities.
The heroes are all very bland and boring and each round takes way too long to slog through judging by the 10 or so games I have painfully forced my self to go through.

It just fails on all fronts in my view.
It takes far too long to kill minions and the damage you do with your specials even at level 10 is pathetic when considering player health pools.
Its just mindnumbingly boring through and through.

It has some nice designs, the typical Gearbox humor wich is nice but in every other regard it has taken my top spot for "fuck me why did I buy this shit" from Evolve, and thats no easy feat.

18. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 9, 2016, 02:06 intermarer

I really liked Overwatch, but it made me come to the realization that I'm getting old. I get destroyed and that is not fun.

I also question how long this will keep people entertained for. The progression system didn't do anything for me. I didn't feel like I was working towards anything.

17. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 9, 2016, 01:29 MoreLuckThanSkill

Installed and played a couple hours of this, after friends and associates claimed it was great...

unfortunately, it's a hell of a lot of fun.

I shouldn't support Blizzard's hodge-podge game, but I think I'm probably going to buy it. Mowing people down with Bastion, smashing fools with the various tanks, sniping a bit, even healing was entertaining.

I haven't played enough to really get a feel for balance, but it doesn't seem completely ridiculous, aside from the one character's missile spam attack.

16. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 9, 2016, 01:08 Yifes

Brumbek wrote on May 8, 2016, 23:41:
But more seriously, Overwatch is a huge letdown for me...two or three game modes is totally lame...all ripped from year 2008 TF2. It's just not acceptable to come out with a TF2 knock-off some eight years later and expect me to pay nearly full price.

Where's my SP or Coop campaign? Where's the innovative game modes? I won't apologize for demanding innovation and substance, especially from a company like Blizzard.

They've said the focus of the game isn't on the game modes, it's the heroes. I'd say they did a good job with the diverse cast and the new mechanics they bring to multiplayer competitive FPSes.

Also, Loomy, TF2 was NOT free when it first came out.

15. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 9, 2016, 00:08 Wowbagger_TIP

Brumbek wrote on May 8, 2016, 23:41:
But more seriously, Overwatch is a huge letdown for me...two or three game modes is totally lame...all ripped from year 2008 TF2. It's just not acceptable to come out with a TF2 knock-off some eight years later and expect me to pay nearly full price.

Where's my SP or Coop campaign? Where's the innovative game modes? I won't apologize for demanding innovation and substance, especially from a company like Blizzard.

Balancing a game like this is extremely hard. I'm glad they're starting with something manageable. I'm sure they'll be adding more over time. This is more than enough to start with. A bunch of maps and the existing modes are fun. Balance seems pretty good so far.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

14. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 8, 2016, 23:41 Brumbek

loomy wrote on May 8, 2016, 23:19:
overwatch is expensive at face value. it's just tf3, and tf2 is free. but it's also the highest quality thing blizzard has ever done
Clearly you've never played The Lost Vikings. THAT is the best thing Blizzard has ever done. I would also accept Rock n' Roll Racing or Blackthorne has answers.

13. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 8, 2016, 23:19 loomy

overwatch is expensive at face value. it's just tf3, and tf2 is free. but it's also the highest quality thing blizzard has ever done, and they will baby it indefinitely. considering the cost to make this including cancelling titan, I'm not even sure blizzard will make money for a long time. I don't mind paying full price

12. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 8, 2016, 22:50 Rhialto

PHJF wrote on May 8, 2016, 21:57:
THEN IT'S A GOOD THING IT'S $40
ok 40$ USD is 52$ CAD and still high for me.

11. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 8, 2016, 21:57 PHJF

THEN IT'S A GOOD THING IT'S $40  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

10. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 8, 2016, 21:48 Rhialto

Having fun too but 3D needs to be fixed, and 60$ is too much for me.  

9. Re: Overwatch Open Beta Overtime May 8, 2016, 20:37 RedEye9

Gabe cried all the way to the bank.

If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo