Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Battlefield 1 Announced

The Battlefield website has the official announcement of Battlefield 1, a World War I first-person shooter coming to Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on October 21st, though the preorder page on Origin also lists a deluxe edition of the game that includes three days of early access among its perks. They offer an official reveal trailer showing the setting that some have argued would never be the subject of a AAA first-person shooter, and the following word:
You look into the distance and see planes torn apart by gunfire, their debris raining down over London. In war-torn France to the east, horrible armored tanks tear holes in walls as they roll through crumbling cities. To the south, past the burning Italian coast, men charge over the sand dunes of the Arabian Desert, armed to the teeth with the most powerful weaponry the world has ever seen. This is what the dawn of all-out war looks like, and it's Only in Battlefield 1.

Battlefield 1 is releasing worldwide on October 21, 2016 for Xbox One, Origin on PC, and PlayStation 4 but you'll be able to get your hands on it much sooner. More on that in a minute.

With Battlefield 1 we set out to create some of the largest, most dynamic battles in FPS history while continuing to tap into what fans love most about the franchise. One of the things that makes World War I such an amazing era is just how advanced it really was. Almost everything that you know about the conflicts of the next century, from the massive battles across land, air and sea, to the powerful and efficient weaponry, is there. Tanks, planes, machine guns, artillery – a lot of the tech you've used in other Battlefield games was perfected during this era, letting the classic Battlefield DNA shine through.

You'll be able to join in massive 64-player battles and experience unexpected Only in Battlefield moments in a setting where the old world was destroyed, giving way to the new one. We're turning destruction up a few notches too, so expect some surprises when you hit the battlefield.

If you're eager to go hands-on with Battlefield 1 you won't have to wait too long. During the EA Play events on June 12 in Los Angeles and London, we'll reveal the first gameplay footage and let attendees try the game for themselves. Register and make your way to those events, and you'll be able to play the game before pretty much anyone else.

EA Play won't be your only opportunity to play before release, though. There will be more chances in the months that follow, including an Open Beta (which you can get into a little earlier if you sign up for Battlefield Insider). EA Access and Origin Access members will be able to play for a limited time before the release date, too. And if you pre-order the Early Enlister Deluxe Edition, you’ll be able to start playing on October 18, three days before the release date.

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

33. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 8, 2016, 07:37 Slick

Kosh401 wrote on May 7, 2016, 12:14:
Always so many negative comments in every thread around here lol :/

We're looking forward to checking it out. No more easy mode lock on weapons, no IRNV, UCAV, etc., could be a really nice change of pace.

%100 agree. I hope there's no "networked battlefield" garbage either (orange triangles over spotted enemies). I liked the BF2-style where you'd see the red blip on your mini map.

The best time I've had playing BF3 and BF4 was in the first week of each's launch, before everyone has unlocked all the ridiculous lock-on garbage, and all the OP vehicle perks... I really wish they'd keep a game mode to "classic" which meant no fucking unlocks or upgrades. 1 gun for each class, no gadgets, no vehicle perks. just straight balanced combat without all the noise.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 8, 2016, 05:16 Jackplug

They'll fuck it up!  

31. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 7, 2016, 20:43 Flak

We're looking forward to checking it out. No more easy mode lock on weapons, no IRNV, UCAV, etc., could be a really nice change of pace.

Wait, so this game will be filled with gimmicks in order to get the Battlefield feel into a WW1 alternate reality and you don't think they'll have uber-cheese/cheap gimmicks like the UCAV and similar absurdities? You are in for a rude surprise friend.

30. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 7, 2016, 17:32 Kxmode

Pr()ZaC wrote on May 7, 2016, 08:18:
Vio wrote on May 7, 2016, 08:06:
This actually looks interesting, I would like to see some actual game play first.
It's raw, pre-alpha footage...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AMCeNHkyjFs

That literally made me LOL. Thumbsup

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

29. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 7, 2016, 13:37 NetHead

I've had virtually no interest in online multiplayer shooters for ages, though that looks like it could have a singleplayer campaign I'd be interested in, presuming they bother to actually make one.

Though maybe I'm just thinking that because it was a pretty good trailer.

28. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 7, 2016, 13:37 Hump

Codename Eagle anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtUrwcRF0PA

This comment was edited on May 7, 2016, 13:54.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

27. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 7, 2016, 12:45 thecakeisalie

The comments are negative because EA/DICE have been releasing garbage for the last few years and have milked their customers by selling DLCs, Season Passes and pre-order exclusives that aren't worth the money or even cross into pay-to-win territory (see Han's Blaster that was sold in the Digital Deluxe version of Star Wars: Battlefront). This is in addition to adding in-game cash shops with microtransactions to games that shouldn't have any.

Their games are also riddled with hacks and they just don't seem to care. There are so many cheat programs for games running on the engine used by DICE that it's depressing.

They have only themselves to blame for the hate.

26. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 7, 2016, 12:14 Kosh401

25. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 7, 2016, 11:29 SlimRam

Eh, I don't think so. I enjoyed BF 3 and 4 but after being able to circle strafe a building in a attack chopper while dodging rpgs and sustained small arms fire...WW I is a step too far back I think, i'm sure people will probably enjoy it but I don't think I would *shrug*.  

24. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 7, 2016, 08:18 Pr()ZaC

Vio wrote on May 7, 2016, 08:06:
This actually looks interesting, I would like to see some actual game play first.
It's raw, pre-alpha footage...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AMCeNHkyjFs

23. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 7, 2016, 08:15 thecakeisalie

christheshitter wrote on May 7, 2016, 07:54:
Another wet dream for the big mega money hungry corporate company. The game itself is going to be more bland than translucency itself.

Brain dead people will still buy this though.

Yep. No shortage of those these days. Seriously, I think collective human IQ has dropped sharply this last decade, or else companies have conditioned us into accepting that getting subpar products for inflated prices is a good deal.

22. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 7, 2016, 08:06 Vio

21. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 7, 2016, 07:54 christheshitter

Another wet dream for the big mega money hungry corporate company. The game itself is going to be more bland than translucency itself.

Brain dead people will still buy this though.

20. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 7, 2016, 05:25 rudra

yeh i never figured they would do WW1 in a AAA game... except this isnt really WW1 anyways, just super casual bullshit

in other words, "ITS JUST BF4 WITH A WW1 SKIN!!"

19. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 7, 2016, 04:21 jdreyer

Watching the trailer, I see what they're going for. Although the first years of the war were a bloody trench slog, the end of WW1 had a lot of the modern equipment and tactics that we'd see in WW2 a couple decades later: combined arms, effective armored vehicles, light air-cooled machine guns, flame throwers, carbines, automatic pistols, powerful aircraft performing both CAP and CAS missions, even submachine guns like the MP-18. They're going to take a lot of liberties to keep it actiony, make no mistake, but I didn't see anything completely outrageous.

So, what's your flavor?
Dude-bro WW1 (BF1)
or
Dude-bro Scifi (CoD:IW)

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

18. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 7, 2016, 04:04 jdreyer

dubfanatic wrote on May 7, 2016, 02:11:
WE WUZ SOLJAZ

That's actually the name of a book and movie about the Vietnam war. A remake of BF Vietnam would have rocked.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

17. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 7, 2016, 03:11 VaranDragon

Good luck with that.  

16. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 7, 2016, 02:11 dubfanatic

WE WUZ SOLJAZ  

15. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 7, 2016, 01:12 eRe4s3r

Pr()ZaC wrote on May 6, 2016, 21:31:
I know how you feel.
I've stopped playing (vanilla) BF2 as I saw the player fragmentation due to DLCs.

Speaking of player fragmentation (BF4), to this day I haven't found a single server that has the community map, night map and the legacy map all together in the rotation.. lmao..

And you know why? Because Dice, in the INFINITE STUPIDITY, made the downloads for that optional and hidden in the depths of the cash-shop / DLC menu in Origin itself, (fragmenting everyone another 3 times over potentially). And you know what happens when server switches to it when you don't have it?

You crash, as in, "This application has stopped working"

Dunno who to blame for that, Dice or EA? Does it even matter?

Ps.: And WW1 is also my least favorite scenario of all the possibilities.. sigh.. fuck I'd be more hyped for a decent modern WW2 shooter...

14. Re: Battlefield 1 Announced May 6, 2016, 23:58 CJ_Parker

Fantaz wrote on May 6, 2016, 23:40:
Battlefield 1 on a GTX 1080 = Pure Bliss!

I'm certain that the 1080 will be capable of many things but polishing big brown stinky turds?

Unlikely.

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >