Dishonored 2 in November

Bethesda.net announces a November 11, 2016 release date for Dishonored 2, Arkane Studios' assassination sequel. They also say more details about the game will arrive shortly, as the new issue of Game Informer has a cover story on the game, and they will release a world premiere gameplay trailer next month in conjunction with E3. The first information is now available from GameInformer, where they reveal the game will feature the voice talents of Vincent D'Onofrio, Rosario Dawson, Sam Rockwell, and more. Here's the release news:
This holiday, you’ll take back what’s rightfully yours. Dishonored 2, the sequel to Arkane Studios’ critically acclaimed first-person action game, will release worldwide on November 11 for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

New details about the game will be revealed in Game Informer’s exclusive cover story, available on Saturday, May 7, with the digital edition available today. The world premiere of Dishonored 2 gameplay will take place during Bethesda’s 2016 E3 Showcase being held in Los Angeles, California, on June 12 beginning at 7pm PST, and streamed live around the world via Twitch and YouTube.

Reprise your role as a supernatural assassin in Dishonored 2. Play your way in a world where mysticism and industry collide. Will you choose to play as Empress Emily Kaldwin or the royal protector, Corvo Attano? Will you make your way through the game unseen, make full use of its brutal combat system or use a blend of both? How will you combine your character’s unique set of powers, weapons and gadgets to eliminate your enemies? The story responds to your choices, leading to intriguing outcomes as you play through each of the game’s hand-crafted missions.
View : : :
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Dishonored 2 in November
May 5, 2016, 02:26
Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 5, 2016, 02:26
May 5, 2016, 02:26

Creston wrote on May 4, 2016, 13:33:
Very much enjoyed the first one, but there was a HUGE dichotomy between the "Kill everyone" and "Kill No one" paths. In that the first one was fun as hell, and had awesome powers, and the second path was basically a big, boring snooze.

Needless to say, in DH2, I'll be slaughtering everyone like cattle.

Eh, speak for yourself. I went pure stealth (didn't kill or pacify anyone) and I found it very entertaining. But then, I enjoy pure stealth. Trying to figure out how to complete objectives without being detected and without neutralizing anyone provides a lot of interesting challenges. Killing/knocking people out in a stealthy manner is generally boring because it's so easy, especially when you can teleport and pause time.

May 4, 2016, 19:23
Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 4, 2016, 19:23
May 4, 2016, 19:23

Beamer wrote on May 4, 2016, 18:16:
The only level I can't decide on is the flight level. Is it more fun to have fire-and-forget and blast apart Fokkers from 50 miles out without ever seeing them (or them seeing you), or more fun to just fly Mach 10 through them, disintegrating them upon contact? The latter is probably much harder.

That reminds me of that bit in The Philadelphia Experiment where two Japanese Zeroes go up against two F-14s. That was a pretty fun scene!

May 4, 2016, 19:22
Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 4, 2016, 19:22
May 4, 2016, 19:22

Sepharo wrote on May 4, 2016, 17:58:
I liked the setting but I couldn't get into the gameplay.
As you guys already pointed out, going stealthy was pretty boring and felt tacked on. But I have problems with the combat gameplay too... I don't really enjoy games that make you an untouchable god and that's how the combat felt. It was the same reason I couldn't ever get into Crysis with it's invisibility, speed, and super strength. I want to be barely making it through fights, not beating up dummies who don't even have a chance to react.

Dishonored (and Crysis, for that matter) are definitely 100% Power Trip fantasies.

May 4, 2016, 18:16
Beamer

Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 4, 2016, 18:16
May 4, 2016, 18:16
 Beamer

Sepharo wrote on May 4, 2016, 17:58:
I don't really enjoy games that make you an untouchable god and that's how the combat felt.

So then you're against my Call of Duty: Advanced WWI idea, where you're a futuristic supersoldier going back in time and defeating the Germans using blasters and port-a-nukes against people with semi-auto Mausers.

The only level I can't decide on is the flight level. Is it more fun to have fire-and-forget and blast apart Fokkers from 50 miles out without ever seeing them (or them seeing you), or more fun to just fly Mach 10 through them, disintegrating them upon contact? The latter is probably much harder.

May 4, 2016, 17:58
Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 4, 2016, 17:58
May 4, 2016, 17:58

As you guys already pointed out, going stealthy was pretty boring and felt tacked on. But I have problems with the combat gameplay too... I don't really enjoy games that make you an untouchable god and that's how the combat felt. It was the same reason I couldn't ever get into Crysis with it's invisibility, speed, and super strength. I want to be barely making it through fights, not beating up dummies who don't even have a chance to react.

May 4, 2016, 17:44
Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 4, 2016, 17:44
May 4, 2016, 17:44

rudra wrote on May 4, 2016, 14:30:
Very much enjoyed the first one, but there was a HUGE dichotomy between the "Kill everyone" and "Kill No one" paths. In that the first one was fun as hell, and had awesome powers, and the second path was basically a big, boring snooze.

yeh it was bullshit lip service to offer a "non-violent" option... its like they said "lets just remove the violent bits... and... DONE!"

happens in games a lot id say... usually at least one bullet point feature is largely an afterthought at best

Yeah it really felt like very little thought was put into it. If you killed everything, you had really awesome combos you could pull off between powers and melee and weapons, but if you chose to do non-kill you were basically stuck using a few crappy powers and doing the boring knock-out. I definitely agree it was probably added as a feature more than out of any real conviction that the game needed it.

May 4, 2016, 17:29
Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 4, 2016, 17:29
May 4, 2016, 17:29

Squirmer wrote on May 3, 2016, 21:29:
They've also got Stephen Russell (Garrett) as Corvo.
That's excellent news. Love that actor's voice and cynical acting. Very good move from Arkane here they'll get a lot of Thief fans onboard if they didnt get them with the first game.

May 4, 2016, 15:43
Beamer

Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 4, 2016, 15:43
May 4, 2016, 15:43
 Beamer

Tachikoma wrote on May 4, 2016, 14:02:
Beamer wrote on May 4, 2016, 09:04:
I found it significantly better than Thief, but that's because combat was an option. Screw up and you can fight your way out, or you can zip into the shadows and try again. Thief was much, much more unforgivingly stealth based. That, of course, is the point to some, but as someone that hates stealth as a primary mechanic yet loves it as a secondary (in other words, I love being able to, and being heavily encouraged to, sneak around, but I hate if success in the game depends on success in stealth), this game was about perfect.

Heretic! Nothing is better than Thief.

I get what you`re saying though, but that for me was the problem with Dishonored - the stealth was undercooked, so I kind of gravitated towards fighting.

I also loved Arkham Asylum. Screw up stealth? Whoops, either fight, or just zipline up to a convenient indoor gargoyle, swing to the next one, and wait 5 seconds for the guard to start thinking the Batman that just clumsily fell from the sky and landed in front of him was just a shadow.

May 4, 2016, 14:30
Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 4, 2016, 14:30
May 4, 2016, 14:30

yeh it was bullshit lip service to offer a "non-violent" option... its like they said "lets just remove the violent bits... and... DONE!"

happens in games a lot id say... usually at least one bullet point feature is largely an afterthought at best

May 4, 2016, 14:02
Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 4, 2016, 14:02
May 4, 2016, 14:02

Beamer wrote on May 4, 2016, 09:04:
I found it significantly better than Thief, but that's because combat was an option. Screw up and you can fight your way out, or you can zip into the shadows and try again. Thief was much, much more unforgivingly stealth based. That, of course, is the point to some, but as someone that hates stealth as a primary mechanic yet loves it as a secondary (in other words, I love being able to, and being heavily encouraged to, sneak around, but I hate if success in the game depends on success in stealth), this game was about perfect.

Heretic! Nothing is better than Thief.

I get what you`re saying though, but that for me was the problem with Dishonored - the stealth was undercooked, so I kind of gravitated towards fighting.

May 4, 2016, 13:33
Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 4, 2016, 13:33
May 4, 2016, 13:33

May 4, 2016, 13:29
El Pit

Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 4, 2016, 13:29
May 4, 2016, 13:29
 El Pit

nin wrote on May 4, 2016, 13:16:
El Pit wrote on May 4, 2016, 12:18:
RE: Dishonored 2 - WANT! Can I have it now? Please? Pretty please? WHAT? NOVEMBER?! YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING - CANNOT WAIT! Anxious Drool Nervous

http://i.imgur.com/lhjhbB9.gif

LOL! This pretty much sums up my emotions. Thanks, nin.
Thumbsup
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

May 4, 2016, 13:16
nin

Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 4, 2016, 13:16
May 4, 2016, 13:16
 nin

El Pit wrote on May 4, 2016, 12:18:
RE: Dishonored 2 - WANT! Can I have it now? Please? Pretty please? WHAT? NOVEMBER?! YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING - CANNOT WAIT! Anxious Drool Nervous

http://i.imgur.com/lhjhbB9.gif

May 4, 2016, 12:18
El Pit

Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 4, 2016, 12:18
May 4, 2016, 12:18
 El Pit

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

May 4, 2016, 11:21
Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 4, 2016, 11:21
May 4, 2016, 11:21

This game i am definately looking forward too, the 1st one was like a breath of fresh air!

May 4, 2016, 09:04
Beamer

Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 4, 2016, 09:04
May 4, 2016, 09:04
 Beamer

VaranDragon wrote on May 4, 2016, 04:03:
Pineapple Ferguson wrote on May 4, 2016, 01:35:
Cutter wrote on May 3, 2016, 22:55:
Enh, I was pretty meh about the first one. Just didn't grab me at all. If I get this it'll be on a deep discount.

You lead a miserable, joyless life. What do you like?

Some people just don't like Steampunk. Not that Cutter likes anything, but that was the problem in my case. A single player FPS Steam-punk game ala Thief, but not as good as Thief, was not really something that attracted me too much. I skipped it as a result, despite a lot of my friends playing and loving the game. Not my cup of Tea. Peace out.

May 4, 2016, 09:01
Beamer

Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 4, 2016, 09:01
May 4, 2016, 09:01
 Beamer

rudra wrote on May 4, 2016, 06:11:
Flak wrote on May 4, 2016, 00:51:
Jerykk wrote on May 3, 2016, 22:58:
Hyped. Kind of disappointing that they went with two protagonists instead of just Emily when she's clearly the focus. Most likely a marketing decision, as Bethesda probably didn't think a game with only a female lead would sell.

I'd hate to think this would be the case, but you're probably right.

One of my favorite games of all time, Perfect Dark, has a female lead and I couldn't care what gender she was, she's just a bad ass character regardless. It's sad that people still can't get past that stuff.

you know video games are mostly marketed to children and young people, right? you expect children and young people to "get past that stuff"?

Aside from the fact that the sets "children" and "young people" include women, I don't see The Hunger Games having much issue with this problem.

May 4, 2016, 08:54
Cutter

Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 4, 2016, 08:54
May 4, 2016, 08:54
 Cutter

Enh, I was pretty meh about the first one. Just didn't grab me at all. If I get this it'll be on a deep discount.

Some people just don't like Steampunk. Not that Cutter likes anything, but that was the problem in my case. A single player FPS Steam-punk game ala Thief, but not as good as Thief, was not really something that attracted me too much. I skipped it as a result, despite a lot of my friends playing and loving the game. Not my cup of Tea. Peace out.

Fuck you too, clown.
"I didn't know you had it in you. Sorry, poor choice of words." - David

May 4, 2016, 08:52
Cutter

Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 4, 2016, 08:52
May 4, 2016, 08:52
 Cutter

Because I don't like what you like? You're a fucking moron you know that. I live a great life except being surrounded by jerkoffs like you. It's pieces of shit like you that make life miserable for everyone else. And another clown goes on ignore.

"I didn't know you had it in you. Sorry, poor choice of words." - David

May 4, 2016, 07:10
Re: Dishonored 2 in November May 4, 2016, 07:10
May 4, 2016, 07:10

Heh, I absolutely cannot stand the sight of steampunk but I loved Dishonoured to bits. It wasn't really in your face or maybe I just ignored it. I actually never thought about it as a steampunk game because when I think of steampunk I think of useless gears etc.

Really looking forward to Dishonoured 2.
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older