Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Into the Black

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Into the Black May 4, 2016, 10:00 PHJF

I don't know if Mike Judge is crying or laughing his ass off right now.

He's probably writing a sequel; strike while the iron is hot, and so forth.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Into the Black May 4, 2016, 07:11 rudra

yeh Tolkien was a genius level artist... Martin is a succesful and famous pulp writer, but thats it

Ozmodan wrote on May 4, 2016, 07:04:
Come on, Martin basically writes good drama, his stuff is just an amalgamation of prior works. Tolkien developed worlds where nothing existed previously.

not completely true - Tolkien drew on pre-existing celtic and germanic folklore, particularly stories of the fae and other forest spirits, as well as his catholic background which eventually led to studies of esoteric christianity and mysticism.

doesnt diminish him in any way tho... as you may or may not know, the war of the ring was a commentary on the politics of the time, and the advance of mordor was symbolic of the creeping industrial age.. its all quite insightful as well as being a modern epic

This comment was edited on May 4, 2016, 07:17.

3. Re: Into the Black May 4, 2016, 07:04 Ozmodan

Come on, Martin basically writes good drama, his stuff is just an amalgamation of prior works. Tolkien developed worlds where nothing existed previously.

Trying to compare apples and oranges. Tolkien in head and shoulders above them all!

2. Re: Into the Black May 3, 2016, 23:32 Cutter

Ahhh it's like watching Idiocracy unfolding in real time, isn't it?

House of Representin

Yeah, I'm thinking that's actually going to be America in the next 50 years at this rate. I don't know if Mike Judge is crying or laughing his ass off right now.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

1. Re: Into the Black May 3, 2016, 22:09 jdreyer

Sooooo, Trump is the GOP nominee. Governorships are one thing, with celebs like Schwarzenegger and Ventura able to win given the right circumstances. But I can't recall a celeb winning the presidential candidacy of a major party without at least some previous experience (Reagan, although an actor, was governor of California before being president).

Crazy times.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo