Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters

Ubisoft announces plans to deal with the scurrilous sort who have been cheating in Tom Clancy's The Division. They make a distinction between those actively running cheat engines versus those exploiting bugs, and say that going forward they are going to be more proactive in earmarking unpatched bugs they consider exploits and will then be taking stronger actions against those who exploit them after that. Here's word on dealing with those who run cheat engines:
From the very beginning of development, our emphasis has always been on the player experience and how good we want it to be. We have great plans for the future of The Division, and for these to succeed we must make sure to provide a smooth high-quality experience. Unfortunately, the gameplay experience was recently impaired by in-game bugs and players violating the rules of the game. In order to bring back a better and healthier environment, we have taken new steps to address the situation.

CHEAT ENGINES

Cheating players have been an issue for a number of you in the Dark Zone, and we’ve heard this feedback loud and clear. We are strengthening our efforts to address this problem, as described below.

First, we have implemented new cheat detection methods that have allowed us to identify many more players currently using cheat engines in the game. We have already caught more cheaters in the last few days than we had in total during the previous weeks. As a result, we will be handing out the biggest wave of suspensions and bans to date over the course of the next few days.

Second, when cheaters are caught, we will now apply a suspension of 14 days on first offense (instead of the previous 3 day initial suspension). Second offense will always be a permanent ban.

We anticipate these two changes will noticeably improve your experience. New upgrades on cheat detection are underway.
View : : :
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters
May 1, 2016, 18:32
Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters May 1, 2016, 18:32
May 1, 2016, 18:32

No Kajetan , I didnt fall and never buy UBI, it was obvious was a shit game for console kids.

Unfortunately I hoped at least Black Desert will be decent....pitty

Nothing to play thou ffs

Apr 30, 2016, 23:58
Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters Apr 30, 2016, 23:58
Apr 30, 2016, 23:58

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 15:38:
Oh boy, somebody in 2016 still rides the ol` straw horse? Somebody pinch me. It was always the get-go wisecrack for lame forum warriors but come on, it`s beyond tedious. Ask a smarter cousin, he might lend you a new toy, some sort of plastic saber to rattle here, perhaps.

Yes, yes, you make a comment like a moron, I call you on it, and then it's the old standard "oh that's like sooooo lame lulz!" Jesus Christ, are you 14?

What has Quake to do with Ubisoft? Nothing. Maybe because my comment meant to point out that people were always cheating and companies were never able to wipe it out.

I don't think they can ever completely wipe it out, no. But you could start by having the server make all the important decisions, rather than let the client do that. Because if you let the client do it, you'll have rampant cheating. Guess which way Ubisoft rolled?

But hey, you got your lil` TRUSTED CLIENT MODEL 111111!1 to jerk off to, so let`s not interrupt that bit of fun before bedtime, shall we?

Sharp little comeback there. Then again, posting retarded bullshit seems to be about all you're capable of doing, so eh.

Apr 30, 2016, 23:46
Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters Apr 30, 2016, 23:46
Apr 30, 2016, 23:46

For noting, the group I run with have not used cheats, have successfully navigated the DZ many times and have carried off far more loot than we've lost...

Random DZ yellow loot = waste of time mostly apart from mulching for crafting, it's 90% 161 level which is far below our current 204-214. We've also taken down our fair share of hackers (4x defense link in a row + stuns + fire rounds + turret and even the most avid hacker will eventually lose).

Yes, it's crap that it came to market like this. Yes, it sucks to have some asshat murder you by cheating. But it ain't the end of the world and the game is still, imo, worth the price of admission. Your mileage may vary.

Apr 30, 2016, 22:40
Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters Apr 30, 2016, 22:40
Apr 30, 2016, 22:40

What has Quake to do with Ubisoft? Nothing. Maybe because my comment meant to point out that people were always cheating and companies were never able to wipe it out. But hey, you got your lil` TRUSTED CLIENT MODEL 111111!1 to jerk off to, so let`s not interrupt that bit of fun before bedtime, shall we?

you know who compares apples to oranges? retards. that means you are a retard.

its pretty cute when you get all worked up tho Trollbashing

Apr 30, 2016, 22:28
Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters Apr 30, 2016, 22:28
Apr 30, 2016, 22:28

Oh boy, somebody in 2016 still rides the ol` straw horse? Somebody pinch me. It was always the get-go wisecrack for lame forum warriors but come on, it`s beyond tedious. Ask a smarter cousin, he might lend you a new toy, some sort of plastic saber to rattle here, perhaps.

What has Quake to do with Ubisoft? Nothing. Maybe because my comment meant to point out that people were always cheating and companies were never able to wipe it out. But hey, you got your lil` TRUSTED CLIENT MODEL 111111!1 to jerk off to, so let`s not interrupt that bit of fun before bedtime, shall we?

You talk about forum warriors but you're a shitty alt account. Have you even played the game? Do you have any idea how rampant the cheating is and that its been easily enabled by a haphazard networking design model that was supplanted by more competent methodology a fucking decade ago? Generally if you're trying to make a glib remark you should at least have the upper hand in the discussion but you just look like a fool now, arguing from a position of total ignorance not only on the issue but with the game itself.

Yeah no shit people don't like the cheaters but we don't really need to take a victory lap on CHEATERS R BAD, that kind goes without saying unless you lack any common sense. Companies might not be able to ever stop cheating but they can sure as shit not make it even fucking easier through sheer fucking laziness.

Apr 30, 2016, 18:25
Quboid

Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters Apr 30, 2016, 18:25
Apr 30, 2016, 18:25
 Quboid

So because people have always cheated, developers shouldn't bother trying to reduce it? We'll never stop all murders and murders have always occurred so why bother even trying?

Sorry, that's nonsense. Ubisoft should have anticipated the problem with using a trusted client model and should have realised that this is really bad design. That's their mistake. They won't get rid of all cheaters but they should make a decent effort to reduce the problem.

It's not as if the problems with trusting the client are unknown. This is very basic stuff. It's why every website I used to make treated every single piece of data from the client as if it is radioactive - that data is a hack until proved otherwise.

Apr 30, 2016, 15:38
Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters Apr 30, 2016, 15:38
Apr 30, 2016, 15:38

Apr 30, 2016, 15:16
Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters Apr 30, 2016, 15:16
Apr 30, 2016, 15:16

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 14:52:
And of course, there was no cheating back in Quake days. No sir. Not at all. All honest folks and companies, back then.

That's right son, you kick that little straw man. YOU KICK THAT LITTLE FUCKER HARD!

What does Quake have to do with Ubisoft making the dumb-ass decision to build a multiplayer game with a TRUSTED CLIENT MODEL??

Apr 30, 2016, 14:52
Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters Apr 30, 2016, 14:52
Apr 30, 2016, 14:52

20 posts bashing Ubisoft (a guilty party, to some extent), 1 mentioning the cheaters.

Some balance, eh?

And of course, there was no cheating back in Quake days. No sir. Not at all. All honest folks and companies, back then.

I actually tried playing Q2 a few years ago: every single fucking person had some hack enabled. I couldn`t fathom it...such an old game, there`s no community anymore, who cares about winning or griefing so much to hack this shizz? And yet...

Apr 30, 2016, 13:03
Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters Apr 30, 2016, 13:03
Apr 30, 2016, 13:03

jdreyer wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 03:19:
By the time you've realized it, you've played too much to return it.

suckerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Laugh

Apr 30, 2016, 12:20
Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters Apr 30, 2016, 12:20
Apr 30, 2016, 12:20

Hush, guys. You are supposed to celebrate these AAA masterpieces around here or you are either a negative nancy, a "Cutter", "acerbic" or just a straight up troll or asshole (depending on who you ask).
Please do not disturb the latest AAA circle jerk and ruin these guys orgasms.
The Division is totally awesome, of course, as is Star Wars Battlefront. How can you not see the awesomeness that is oozing from every pore?

boohooooo booohooohohooohohoooo u lame ass h8ters!!!1111

Apr 30, 2016, 12:07
Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters Apr 30, 2016, 12:07
Apr 30, 2016, 12:07

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 03:54:
Kajetan wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 02:33:
And will those people burned over TD ever learn something? Will they stop giving into the hype. Will they stop purchasing Ubi games? Will they wait 2-3 weeks before purchasing? Some may be, most of them ... sure as hell NOT. Next hype, next instant purchase, next burn, next whining, rinse, repeat! Emotional dependancy at its worst, right next to people in an abusive relationship who just cannot leave their abusive partners.

This! Above all else this! They keep making turds, gamers keep buying them. As long as you are the typical gaming consumer, preordering left and right, buying games from Ubisoft (hahahahha loser!) this is going to keep going on. So yeah, I don't blame Ubi, I blame people like Slick, who keep buying the next new Shiny, swearing that its the best thing in the world, then quitting in rage after two weeks and crying on these here forums...

no shit, and they are so clueless they have no idea how it keeps happening to them, boo hoo hoo LOL

Apr 30, 2016, 09:26
Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters Apr 30, 2016, 09:26
Apr 30, 2016, 09:26

jdreyer wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 03:20:
Is it really any worse than any other game out there that relies on client side data: COD, BF, etc.?

I don't think CoD uses client side data. Not sure about BF.

Even so, no, it's not any worse, but since it doesn't really get any worse than Trusted Client, that's not saying much.

Apr 30, 2016, 07:51
Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters Apr 30, 2016, 07:51
Apr 30, 2016, 07:51

Creston wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 21:03:
We have great plans for the future of The Division, and for these to succeed we must make sure to provide a smooth high-quality experience.

And the way you made sure of that was to program a game where the client data was trusted? Yeah, that seems legit.

I'm going to say that you had great plans for your wallets, and for those plans to succeed, you programmed the Division as cheaply as you possibly could.

Suits lining their pockets with fat bonus checks at the expense of quality and telling their programmers to STFU or find another job when they probably told them that a trusted-client model on the PC was insane. Sounds exactly right to me.

Apr 30, 2016, 03:54
Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters Apr 30, 2016, 03:54
Apr 30, 2016, 03:54

Kajetan wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 02:33:
And will those people burned over TD ever learn something? Will they stop giving into the hype. Will they stop purchasing Ubi games? Will they wait 2-3 weeks before purchasing? Some may be, most of them ... sure as hell NOT. Next hype, next instant purchase, next burn, next whining, rinse, repeat! Emotional dependancy at its worst, right next to people in an abusive relationship who just cannot leave their abusive partners.

This! Above all else this! They keep making turds, gamers keep buying them. As long as you are the typical gaming consumer, preordering left and right, buying games from Ubisoft (hahahahha loser!) this is going to keep going on. So yeah, I don't blame Ubi, I blame people like Slick, who keep buying the next new Shiny, swearing that its the best thing in the world, then quitting in rage after two weeks and crying on these here forums...

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 2016, 04:38.

Apr 30, 2016, 03:20
Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters Apr 30, 2016, 03:20
Apr 30, 2016, 03:20

Slick wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 02:14:
JeffD wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 20:36:
Ahh yes, empty promises. Does nothing to quell the fears that the game will never be fixed because it is totally reliant on client side data.

this, this, a thousand times this.

motherfucking cheat engine. nuff said.

Is it really any worse than any other game out there that relies on client side data: COD, BF, etc.?
COVID infections: 133M - - - COVID deaths: 3M - - - Death rate: 2%
Vaccines administered: 711M - - - Vaccine deaths: 7 - - - Death rate: 0.00000001%
Your choice is clear.

Apr 30, 2016, 03:19
Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters Apr 30, 2016, 03:19
Apr 30, 2016, 03:19

1badmf wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 01:26:
Fantaz wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 01:23:
hopefully they fix things soon because i want to start playing since i got a key for this game courtesy of Nvidia and want to be playing sooner rather than later

better download some hacks while you're preparing, or you'll be the only one that doesn't have any. the client/server engineering was just shamefully implemented and I too quit because of it. pretty sure most of the legit players will also drop out soon if they haven't already.

Well, they did kind of rush it out the door, so that it's not secure can't be helped. Oh, wait.

The other thing is that there's no incentive for them to fix this problem really. By the time you've realized it, you've played too much to return it.
COVID infections: 133M - - - COVID deaths: 3M - - - Death rate: 2%
Vaccines administered: 711M - - - Vaccine deaths: 7 - - - Death rate: 0.00000001%
Your choice is clear.

Apr 30, 2016, 02:33
Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters Apr 30, 2016, 02:33
Apr 30, 2016, 02:33

Apr 30, 2016, 02:20
Slick

Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters Apr 30, 2016, 02:20
Apr 30, 2016, 02:20
 Slick

1badmf wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 01:26:
Fantaz wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 01:23:
hopefully they fix things soon because i want to start playing since i got a key for this game courtesy of Nvidia and want to be playing sooner rather than later

better download some hacks while you're preparing, or you'll be the only one that doesn't have any. the client/server engineering was just shamefully implemented and I too quit because of it. pretty sure most of the legit players will also drop out soon if they haven't already.

All legit players I started the game with have dropped it. And truth be told, hand to god, every. single. group that I've joined in the DZ, who all seem like cool guys, get me in their teamspeak, and within about 20 minutes one of them reveals that they have hacks on standby. I say "oh yeah?" And then the others all chime in that they have various cheats loaded and waiting.

It's mostly a self-defense measure at this point. As it's still the only way to defend one's self against the rampant DZ hackers, is just to out hack them, it's pathetic. They say they only use them against other cheaters, and to fly through the ridunculously hard challenge raid, as that's the only way to get the best gear.

I actually downloaded cheat engine, installed it, then deleted it. Never hacked in a game in my life, but jesus christ, this is the ONLY game that's even got me to CONSIDER it, and 2 weeks later I actually downloaded one... feel so dirty even talking about it, but honestly, no one could crucify me with it if i did hack in that game. It's hack or be hacked.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Apr 30, 2016, 02:14
Slick

Re: Ubisoft vs The Division Cheaters Apr 30, 2016, 02:14
Apr 30, 2016, 02:14
 Slick

JeffD wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 20:36:
Ahh yes, empty promises. Does nothing to quell the fears that the game will never be fixed because it is totally reliant on client side data.

this, this, a thousand times this.

motherfucking cheat engine. nuff said.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older