Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Evening Metaverse May 1, 2016, 00:21 nin

SlimRam wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 22:36:
Ok dammit, ya sold me

Finish episode 2 of season 1 and tell me you're not sold.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Evening Metaverse May 1, 2016, 00:04 Creston

rudra wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 23:15:
the punisher casting was fucking spot on - that dude was born for the role... like they fucking lifted him out of a comic

also really looking forward to that - daredevil was good, but way way too much emo posturing and go-getter sidekick bullshit for my tastes.. elektra was cool tho, and of course the punisher

looking forward to The Iron Fist most of all...

Yeah it's funny that in Daredevil's own show (spoiler text) I kept agreeing with Punisher and Elektra over Matt every single time. His way is fighting is so stupidly inefficient, at least with Frank and Elektra, their opponents STAY DOWN!

Iron Fist should be pretty fun. Not so sure about Luke Cage, though. He was bland as shit in Jessica Jones...

18. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 30, 2016, 23:15 rudra

the punisher casting was fucking spot on - that dude was born for the role... like they fucking lifted him out of a comic

also really looking forward to that - daredevil was good, but way way too much emo posturing and go-getter sidekick bullshit for my tastes.. elektra was cool tho, and of course the punisher

looking forward to The Iron Fist most of all...

17. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 30, 2016, 22:36 SlimRam

nin wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 18:54:
Creston wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 15:20:
SlimRam wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 04:14:
  • ‘The Punisher’ Marvel Series Ordered By Netflix.

• I have to admit that i'm apparently the last human on earth that hasn't watched the Daredevil series on Netflix but I WILL watch the Punisher series. I know most people didn't like the last movie (The Punisher: War Zone). But the scene where he's holding the kid in his arms and then blows the guys face completely off with a shotgun was absolutely PRICELESS. THAT, is film making at it's best.

Watch Daredevil. The Punisher is AWESOME in DD season 2. A series like that will be the shizz.

Yeah, DD is fantastic. Watch both season before Punisher...

Ok dammit, ya sold me

16. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 30, 2016, 18:54 nin

Creston wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 15:20:

• I have to admit that i'm apparently the last human on earth that hasn't watched the Daredevil series on Netflix but I WILL watch the Punisher series. I know most people didn't like the last movie (The Punisher: War Zone). But the scene where he's holding the kid in his arms and then blows the guys face completely off with a shotgun was absolutely PRICELESS. THAT, is film making at it's best.

Watch Daredevil. The Punisher is AWESOME in DD season 2. A series like that will be the shizz.

Yeah, DD is fantastic. Watch both season before Punisher...

15. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 30, 2016, 15:20 Creston

14. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 30, 2016, 15:19 Creston

I gotta admit, that was a pretty awful trailer.

Ghostbusters was a funny movie, but the characters IN the movie treated it seriously. There were still jokes, but it wasn't just a constant running laugh-gag.

This is going to bomb hard.

13. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 30, 2016, 13:23 djinn

"The good news is that while there are over a half-million “dislikes” on the Ghostbusters trailer, there are still over 27 million people who watched the trailer who either officially liked it or had nothing negative to say about it."

There are plenty of people that have something negative to say but don't voice it, at least on youtube, the worst platform for rational discussion.

Seems like they are trying to make a statement about women rather than making a fun film as the primary goal. Especially when you look into the development behind the scenes. At least, if that information is correct.

12. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 30, 2016, 11:36 descender

I wish some of you would learn the difference between a director, a producer and a writer.  

11. fuck ghostbusters Apr 30, 2016, 11:30 rudra

fucking LOL  

10. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 30, 2016, 11:20 Task

Emily Blunt? She's not in the new Ghost Busters or you referring to something else. Are you thinking of Kristen Wiig, who is in the new Ghost Busters? (Who is pretty funny in other stuff and pretty dang attractive for 43). Anywho, like most remakes this movie looks like standard fare as far as remakes go - ok-ish, not super great. Are the characters supposed to be related to the previous characters? I think that would be cooler rather than just randomly Ghost Busting.

Another thing that is getting a sequel of sorts is Blade Runner and I'll keep wondering if its really necessary. The cast sounds great, but if its based on the book, which apparently isn't that good - then meh.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 2016, 11:32.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
    Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

9. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 30, 2016, 07:37 Bub

I like all the female stars of the movie. I like the franchise.

I believe in gender equality. but this promo really falls flat.

It has potential and it's moments, and I really would like to see Emily Blunt in a comedy role.

I don't see what the fuss is about, the original Ghostbusters had a gread theme song, and while it was in sync with it's times, it really was not the greatest movie ever made and had it's share of flat, or sophomoric scenes.

There is no news here, Hollywood cranks out another formula rerun, so what is new?

==================================================
    Bubb Stubbley
    ... I miss BBS..
    "There is a sucker born every minute." - PT Barnum
    ==================================================

8. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 30, 2016, 07:05 Reactor

The Punisher in DD S2 is excellent.

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 30, 2016, 05:39 El Pit

deqer wrote on Apr 30, 2016, 01:25:
    The Ghostbusters had so much potential on a reboot. Could've easily casted 4 males, all similar to the ones from the previous movie, and done A LOT (scenes, music, etc.) with today's technologies.

We need J.J. Abrams.

I still like J.J.A., but after the creative disaster (despite being a HUGE financial success) that was episode VII, I am a bit hesitant to cheer for him doing any other remake/reboot/sequel to some franchise that he did not start himself.

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
    "Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 30, 2016, 04:14 SlimRam

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 30, 2016, 03:36 jdreyer

The Ghostbusters had so much potential on a reboot. Could've easily casted 4 males, all similar to the ones from the previous movie, and done A LOT (scenes, music, etc.) with today's technologies.

We need J.J. Abrams.

The problem with the trailer has nothing to do with the fact that it's four women in the roles. Those women have all been fantastic in other things. The scenes are just incredibly poorly written and directed.

Also, fuck JJ. He's well on his way to becoming George Lucas.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 30, 2016, 02:00 mag

We need J.J. Abrams.

Oh dear god no. JJ needs to be contained.

3. Re: Into the Black Apr 30, 2016, 01:53 NegaDeath

jdreyer wrote on Apr 29, 2016, 23:28:
    As someone who was curious what they'd do with that cast, I'll agree that trailer is awful.

But if you don't like it you must be sexist. That's the only reason for the backlash. Not the flat humor, lack of diversity, awful token black character, shameless copying of the original movie plot, or hollywood doing another bastardized reboot of a classic movie. Only neckbeard gamergaters don't like it.

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 30, 2016, 01:25 deqer

We need J.J. Abrams.

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 29, 2016, 23:28 jdreyer

As someone who was curious what they'd do with that cast, I'll agree that trailer is awful.  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 ] Older >