Dreadnought Preorders; Closed Beta This Week

Grey Box announces closed beta testing for Dreadnought will begin on April 29th, and they are offering presales of two founder's packs of the multiplayer aerial armada action game that will include access to the beta. A Dreadnought Founder's Pack Trailer offers a look at the action, and the Dreadnought website has more media and all the details. Here's the deal:
Beyond guaranteed access to closed beta, the $9.99 Hunter Pack delivers one uniquely designed and preconfigured Medium Dreadnought Hero Ship - the Morningstar - as well as 500 Grey Box Points (GP), which can be used to buy ship emblems, decals and much more. It also provides seven days of Elite Status, granting more experience and Fleet Points (FP) per match, when the game launches later this year. Finally, the package includes an exclusive Hunter Pack ship decal, emblem and coating, plus two Fleet Recruitment Packs, which let owners give two friends guaranteed access to closed beta, the Morningstar Hero Ship, 250 GP and a Fleet Recruitment Pack ship decal and emblem.

The Mercenary Pack ups the ante with five Hero Ships - the aforementioned Morningstar (Medium Dreadnought), Outis (Medium Corvette), Silesia (Light Artillery Cruiser), Huscarl (Heavy Destroyer) and Kali (Heavy Tactical Cruiser) - as well as 3,000 GP and 30 days of Elite Status at official game launch. It also grants four Fleet Recruitment Packs and an exclusive Mercenary Pack ship decal, emblem and coating, all for $39.99.

Set in a futuristic era of all-out galactic warfare, Dreadnought turns strategic, team-based warfare into one heart-pounding, grippingly gorgeous action experience. Each of the game’s varied vessels is designed to fill a unique, class-based role - from front-line assault and scouting to long-range damage and tactical support - and can be customized with specialized weapons, abilities, cosmetic enhancements and more. Dreadnought will launch as a free-to-play title on PC with competitive online multiplayer modes.

View : : :
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Dreadnought Preorders; Closed Beta This Week
Apr 28, 2016, 05:52
Re: Dreadnought Preorders; Closed Beta This Week Apr 28, 2016, 05:52
Apr 28, 2016, 05:52

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 17:10:
Keith wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 15:54:
This looks pretty damned good. Unfortunately, my experiences with space/large craft games that seem to require a team to function well just haven't been that good. The games themselves seem like they have been pretty well done, it's the retard or non-existent team players that make it die. I wouldn't mind seeing one of these done with a nice lenghty single player component. Well, that and the ability to control things with a mouse and keyboard instead of one of those crappy console controllers or a flight stick.

Well, every team based game can be ruined by idiots on either team. That will never change.

However, I don't think this game will be that bad, as far as I understand it, each player at least gets their own ship, be it a dreadnought or corvette. At least you won't be relying on other players to fire your weapons as you pilot, etc.

Only potential issue I see is they are already selling cosmetic DLC, and the game itself is going to be some sort of F2P with microtransactions setup. I know it's the new model for games, but I am not a fan of the F2P grind/treadmills.

So far, outside of strict cosmetics, everything in the game is purchased via in-game currency. Ships themselves are literally just cosmetic sans the heroic ships, which are nothing but 'short-cut' ships that offer the same side-grade loadouts already obtainable in-game for free.

Apr 27, 2016, 17:18
Re: Dreadnought Preorders; Closed Beta This Week Apr 27, 2016, 17:18
Apr 27, 2016, 17:18

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 17:10:
Only potential issue I see is they are already selling cosmetic DLC, and the game itself is going to be some sort of F2P with microtransactions setup. I know it's the new model for games, but I am not a fan of the F2P grind/treadmills.

Don`t accept this "new model" as status quo, this is how this cancer spreads. And it`s a damn shame, because this game looked very interesting, up until I read about their nickel and diming plans.

Apr 27, 2016, 17:10
Re: Dreadnought Preorders; Closed Beta This Week Apr 27, 2016, 17:10
Apr 27, 2016, 17:10

Keith wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 15:54:
This looks pretty damned good. Unfortunately, my experiences with space/large craft games that seem to require a team to function well just haven't been that good. The games themselves seem like they have been pretty well done, it's the retard or non-existent team players that make it die. I wouldn't mind seeing one of these done with a nice lenghty single player component. Well, that and the ability to control things with a mouse and keyboard instead of one of those crappy console controllers or a flight stick.

Well, every team based game can be ruined by idiots on either team. That will never change.

However, I don't think this game will be that bad, as far as I understand it, each player at least gets their own ship, be it a dreadnought or corvette. At least you won't be relying on other players to fire your weapons as you pilot, etc.

Apr 27, 2016, 15:54
Re: Dreadnought Preorders; Closed Beta This Week Apr 27, 2016, 15:54
Apr 27, 2016, 15:54

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older