Drayth wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 10:16:
Remember only being able to go one flight path hop at a time? One main auction house per faction (so your computer died when you flew over whichever city). Is that how far back these vanilla servers run at..?
It was all good at the time because the sense of exploration, and the camaraderie, but at this point where nothing's new.. yeah, no.
That's the other problem with the player shards, no one agrees. Some run ultra old versions of the game and others start bringing features in from the expansions, usually in a buggy mess. Some encounters don't work at all, sometimes the server has to be rebooted constantly because a raid guild boss is broken and yadda yadda yadda. Then you get the human element where drama happens in the background which affects the players. They often have problems funding themselves too, I've played on a few that just poofed when the money ran out.
Some of the old crap I never minded in the past that I would never tolerate now:
- Crushing Blows
- Weapon skills
- Classes pigeon holed forever into a single role
- Buff/Debuff limits
- Buff juggling because totems/auras were not raid wide
- Raid bosses immune to a specific damage type, rendering entire specs useless
- 30 minute Shield Wall cooldown hahaha
- Leveling via grinding outdoor mobs was actually optimal in some circumstances
- One tank class
- One stop flights
- Sorry I would love to do Scholo but I have to start making water 30 minutes before the raid
- No slow mounts until level 40
- Advertising for a dungeon group for an hour
- Absurd CC stacking in encounters
- Wanna join us for a dungeon? Uldaman? Maraudon? Nope sorry too far away
- Sorry I would love to do a dungeon but I have to farm soul shards for an hour before the raid starts
And there are SO many more I don't feel like listing, everything interface to simple quality of life stuff.This comment was edited on Apr 27, 2016, 12:23.
Playing: Baldur's Gate 3, Cyberpunk 2077, Sea of Stars
Watching: Dark Winds, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Our Flag Means Death