Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
6. Re: Petition for Legacy World of Warcraft Servers Passes 150k Apr 18, 2016, 15:03 Brazor

Kxmode wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 11:45:
Wallshadows wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 10:26:
The number of servers required is always ambiguous though. Do you want both PvE and PvP? For each region? What about the expansions? What timezone would they occupy?

There's likely no way Blizzard would foot the bill on support staff either.

You're absolutely right, which is why virtually everyone advocating for legacy servers is telling Blizzard they would either be willing to pay $15 per month for a regular subscription, or $15 plus $5 to access legacy content. In other words WE would pay for the legacy support staff, infrastructure costs, etc.

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 18, 2016, 10:26:
Last but not least, a large part of what made those older titles great were the people I played with and how new and epic it felt which simply cannot be re-captured at this point. Far too many of my friends from back then have quit and raiding no longer feels as exciting as it did.

You'd be surprised how many would. Nostalrius had players from day one working through dungeon and raid content. In fact before the shutdown everyone was looking forward to AQ40 and the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj event. Outside the sphere of Nostalrius plenty of people have stated they would resub to play legacy content in a heartbeat. Personally I would resub and stay with vanilla for quite awhile. I truly loved South Shore and Terran Mill skirmishes, which I learned from Rob Pardo in a 2013 BlizzCon video was the first battleground designed specifically for open world epic PVP battles.
The people I know at Blizzard have said that they don't expect people to play legacy servers long enough to justify the cost to keep them running. The devs believe 100% that too many people would get bored or upset over the old issues on those versions. Some players will start wanting them to patch the legacy servers without updating the content. Some would want the old talent and honor systems and others would want the new systems with just the old content.
So last that I've heard, the people signing the petition are wasting their time and most likely any questions about it at Blizzcon will get filtered out. Even the panel questions.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Apr 18, 10:26 Petition for Legacy World of Warcraft Servers Passes 150k Wallshadows
  2. Apr 18, 10:32  Re: Dog Star Adventure - BBPCGC VidCast BitWraith
  3. Apr 18, 11:45  Re: Petition for Legacy World of Warcraft Servers Passes 150k Kxmode
>> 6. Apr 18, 15:03   Re: Petition for Legacy World of Warcraft Servers Passes 150k Brazor
  7. Apr 18, 15:54    Re: Petition for Legacy World of Warcraft Servers Passes 150k Kxmode
  9. Apr 18, 16:46     Re: Petition for Legacy World of Warcraft Servers Passes 150k DarkCntry
  14. Apr 18, 18:20      Re: Petition for Legacy World of Warcraft Servers Passes 150k HorrorScope
  15. Apr 18, 18:37       Re: Petition for Legacy World of Warcraft Servers Passes 150k The Half Elf
  16. Apr 18, 19:25       Re: Petition for Legacy World of Warcraft Servers Passes 150k DarkCntry
  17. Apr 18, 22:44        Re: Petition for Legacy World of Warcraft Servers Passes 150k Kxmode
  10. Apr 18, 16:52     Re: Petition for Legacy World of Warcraft Servers Passes 150k Brazor
  11. Apr 18, 17:06      Re: Petition for Legacy World of Warcraft Servers Passes 150k Kxmode
  18. Apr 19, 12:16       Re: Petition for Legacy World of Warcraft Servers Passes 150k Brazor
  19. Apr 19, 13:53        Re: Petition for Legacy World of Warcraft Servers Passes 150k Kxmode
  20. Apr 19, 15:45         Re: Petition for Legacy World of Warcraft Servers Passes 150k DarkCntry
  4. Apr 18, 12:05 Re: Doom divides gamers in open beta free trial MajorD
  5. Apr 18, 13:50  Re: Doom divides gamers in open beta free trial BitWraith
  8. Apr 18, 16:09  Re: Doom divides gamers in open beta free trial Razumen
  12. Apr 18, 17:22 Re: etc. Cutter
  13. Apr 18, 18:08 Re: etc. Kxmode

footer

Blue's News logo