Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Starpoint Gemini Warlords Early Access

Early access to Starpoint Gemini Warlords is now underway on Steam, offering the first chance to check out the third installment in this space strategy sim series. A new cinematic trailer shows things off, and here's a rundown:

Publisher Iceberg Interactive and Croatian developer Little Green Men Games, today launched Starpoint Gemini Warlords, the next instalment of the highly successful Starpoint Gemini series, onto Steamís Early Access program. The game introduces many sought after new features including the player headquarters, a giant space station, for storing the fleet and building new ships. As development of the game progresses, research can be conducted there on weapons, ships, structures and new HQ modules. Conquer, fight, salvage, rescue, mine, loot and trade your way to interstellar glory, in an immense galaxy, close to ten times bigger than in its predecessor Starpoint Gemini 2.

Created from the feedback and suggestions of the highly active player community, Starpoint Gemini Warlords combines action, space-sim, RPG and strategy elements to deliver the ultimate space experience.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Starpoint Gemini Warlords Early Access Apr 15, 2016, 07:27 Bub

It needs an adjective phrase tacked on,like "of Doom" or "of 7777".
Not cheesy enough.

==================================================
Bubb Stubbley
... I miss BBS..
"There is a sucker born every minute." - PT Barnum
==================================================
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Starpoint Gemini Warlords Early Access Apr 15, 2016, 02:32 Lord Tea

Starpoint Gemini 2 never claimed to be a "Privateer"....

I played the main story up to a point at which the game didn't allow me to continue due to a nasty bug that they never fixed because only a few players encountered it. The game itself was pretty enjoyable though. The devs also released some free or reasonably priced addons for SG2. Support of the GOG version unfortunately was light years behind the Steam version. Several updates didn't even make it to GOG.

I for one will definitely get my hands on (the Steam version of) SGW sometime.

Anytime. Anywhere. Anyone.
[Tagline: John Carpenter's "The Thing"]
[Tagline: United Police States of America]

2. Re: Starpoint Gemini Warlords Early Access Apr 14, 2016, 21:49 Cutter

JohnBirshire wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 20:37:
The thing I didn't care for about Starpoint Gemini 2 wasn't the lack of content...but the lack of atmosphere. It just seemed so dull and lifeless, which is unfortunate, because far older games like Privateer were the exact opposite.

Is this something they addressed with this one?

I felt the same way and said so, than the devs told me I was wrong and not entitled to my opinion...so fuck them and their shitty game.

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral. Why? Because anger looks to the good of justice. And if you can live amid injustice without anger, you are immoral as well as unjust" - Thomas Aquinas

1. Re: Starpoint Gemini Warlords Early Access Apr 14, 2016, 20:37 JohnBirshire

The thing I didn't care for about Starpoint Gemini 2 wasn't the lack of content...but the lack of atmosphere. It just seemed so dull and lifeless, which is unfortunate, because far older games like Privateer were the exact opposite.

Is this something they addressed with this one?

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo