Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Heroes of the Storm Tracer This Month

Battle.net offers details on Tracer, the Overwatch character that will also be the next hero added to Heroes of the Storm, Blizzard's MOBA. They discuss the character a bit and offer this trailer showing the cocky little cockney in action. They say she will launch on April 19th for everyone who preorders a digital copy of Overwatch: Origins Edition, and will be put on sale for everyone else a week after that. Those who buy a traditional boxed edition of Overwatch will still receive Tracer in HotS for free, they just have to wait a bit longer. Here are the details:

The first Overwatch character to appear in Heroes of the Storm, Tracer will be available starting April 19 exclusively to those who pre-purchase a digital copy of Overwatch: Origins Edition for Windows PC. Starting on April 26, she’ll become available for sale to everyone in the Nexus.

If you pre-purchased the PC version of Overwatch: Origins Edition through the Battle.net Shop, Tracer will be waiting for you in Heroes the moment she goes live. Those who plan to purchase Origins Edition on other platforms will receive Tracer when they pick up their copy of the game starting on May 24. Learn more about Overwatch—and the other bonuses that come with Origins Edition—at PlayOverwatch.com, and in our support articles.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Heroes of the Storm Tracer This Month Apr 3, 2016, 18:13 Yifes

Nut wrote on Apr 3, 2016, 12:30:
Are you sure about this? I'm not sure I'd give Blizzard's marketers that much credit. For them the large amount of attention suddenly given to sexualizing/desexualizing Tracer could just be a happy accident.

It's more likely an example of gaming "journalism" sensationalizing and blowing a story out of proportion for views.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Heroes of the Storm Tracer This Month Apr 3, 2016, 16:22 jdreyer

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 3, 2016, 15:11:
Task wrote on Apr 3, 2016, 11:45:
Another hilarious thing about that is Tracer cosplayers are doing that same exact pose to poke fun at Blizzard.

I wonder if there will be some form of intense screening and/or repercussions if they do it at Blizzcon during the cosplay competition.

You'll just have to turn to the side is all.

Stay a while, and listen.

5. Re: Heroes of the Storm Tracer This Month Apr 3, 2016, 15:11 Wallshadows

Task wrote on Apr 3, 2016, 11:45:
Another hilarious thing about that is Tracer cosplayers are doing that same exact pose to poke fun at Blizzard.

I wonder if there will be some form of intense screening and/or repercussions if they do it at Blizzcon during the cosplay competition.

4. Re: Heroes of the Storm Tracer This Month Apr 3, 2016, 12:30 Nut

> That's brilliant marketing.

Absolutely.

> And that's what it is: A marketing ploy.

Are you sure about this? I'm not sure I'd give Blizzard's marketers that much credit. For them the large amount of attention suddenly given to sexualizing/desexualizing Tracer could just be a happy accident.

3. Re: Heroes of the Storm Tracer This Month Apr 3, 2016, 12:23 Icewind

No matter what side you take on the "Tracer's rear" argument, you have to admit it's funny. I can't believe Blizzard did it. It's brilliant when you think about it. It creates interest in a game that probably wouldn't even be garnering much interest outside the hardcore community, and it makes one of your characters an instant internet meme. That's brilliant marketing.

And that's what it is: A marketing ploy.

2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Tracer This Month Apr 3, 2016, 11:45 Task

MekPak Variants Mod - BattleTech Beta

1. Re: Heroes of the Storm Tracer This Month Apr 3, 2016, 11:13 Eirikrautha

But don't you dare look at her butt...  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo