Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Kenshi Early Access Beta

Lo-Fi Games announces that Kenshi is now in the beta phase on Steam, and various updates mark this new phase in the early access squad-based RPG. This post has details on what's been added to the game, and outlines plans to gradually open up new areas of the expanded game map, and this trailer shows off the new version 0.90 beta. Word is: "Kenshi is a free-roaming squad based RPG with emphasis on open-ended sandbox gameplay features rather than a linear story. You can be a trader, a thief, a rebel, a warlord, an adventurer, a farmer, a slave, or just food for the cannibals! Build a safe house, research new equipment, craft new gear and train your men from puny victims to fearless warriors - with skill, luck and talent, you might even bring them home alive! The updated BETA introduces one of the largest single-player world maps ever to be offered in an RPG. Initially, only restricted areas will be accessible, and other areas of the map become available in future updates to the game."
View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Kenshi Early Access Beta Apr 1, 2016, 18:20 Squirmer

I like the idea of this game, but I bought the alpha more than 4 years ago, so I'm a bit skeptical it will ever be finished. If it actually works nowadays I might fire it up again.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Kenshi Early Access Beta Apr 1, 2016, 14:26 BIGtrouble77

Caladell wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 14:13:
Edit: About the game itself, I'll have to check it out again. I bought it ages ago, back when it was only on Desura. Been waiting for it to actually become a game. The premise is interesting, so I hope it turns out to be good.

It's definitely worth checking out just to see the new world, it's radically different from the early days. I like the direction they are taking, but you do have to tip toe around tons of bugs. The guys developing this are clearly not very experienced, but they keep pushing forward and have created something really unique.

2. Re: Kenshi Early Access Beta Apr 1, 2016, 14:13 Caladell

That's why I always stay away from all Steam forums, unless I have to check there for a solution to an issue or something. It's just unbelievable. Recently I bought Who's Your Daddy for my son and I, and I looked at the forums just to see what people were saying. I just got angry at all the stupidity and whining.

Edit: About the game itself, I'll have to check it out again. I bought it ages ago, back when it was only on Desura. Been waiting for it to actually become a game. The premise is interesting, so I hope it turns out to be good.

1. Re: Kenshi Early Access Beta Apr 1, 2016, 11:19 BIGtrouble77

As usual their Steam forums are fillled with a bunch of whining children complaining about crashes and unmet expectations in the experimental branch. It turned from a cringeworthy love fest to entitled bitch-out session in no less than a couple hours. I absolutely hate this game because of the community.  

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >