Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: etc. Apr 1, 2016, 00:59 eRe4s3r

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 00:27:
Something funny though, they canned her ass from Treehouse. But they haven't canned the asses from Treehouse that can't do their job of providing a proper localization. Well there's always hope in that...

And this should have been the real news, localization should never remove content just because some flesh bag at the localization team decides that

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. No subject Apr 1, 2016, 00:27 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 23:50:
I think this gives us a hint though.

Honestly, I think that was what really got their attention. More then even the Wayne Foundation going after her and nintendo. Like I mentioned before, the rumor floating around is that even those pictures weren't the moonlighting gig, it was her working for Sega. It'll be interesting to see if that's actually the case though.

Something funny though, they canned her ass from Treehouse. But they haven't canned the asses from Treehouse that can't do their job of providing a proper localization. Well there's always hope in that...

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

21. Re: etc. Mar 31, 2016, 23:50 jdreyer

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 23:32:
Sepharo wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 23:21:

That's not a rumor. That's what the article is about. Both her and Nintendo confirmed that that was the official reason for termination.
The article says she was fired for moonlighting. Not who she was moonlighting for.

I think this gives us a hint though.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

20. No subject Mar 31, 2016, 23:32 Mashiki Amiketo

Sepharo wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 23:21:

That's not a rumor. That's what the article is about. Both her and Nintendo confirmed that that was the official reason for termination.
The article says she was fired for moonlighting. Not who she was moonlighting for.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

19. Re: etc. Mar 31, 2016, 23:21 Sepharo

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 22:58:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 22:53:
I wonder if these kind of photos were the ones that got her fired.

There's a rumor floating around that her cause for termination was moonlighting at Sega(she was definitely moonlighting though).

18. No subject Mar 31, 2016, 22:58 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 22:53:

There's a rumor floating around that her cause for termination was moonlighting at Sega(she was definitely moonlighting though). That whole fist fight between console makers in the 90's never went away. But something to keep in mind, she was PR. She posted that on an account that is her own and was also used for official nintendo PR.

But I find all of this kind of funny. Especially the people in this thread blaming GG, and of course these are the same people who claim GG is dead. So to borrow something we're going to call this "Schrodinger's Gamergate." A movement both alive and dead, that has power, but has no power to do anything.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

17. Re: etc. Mar 31, 2016, 22:53 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

16. No subject Mar 31, 2016, 22:14 Mashiki Amiketo

Overon wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 19:23:
Neither the SJW nor the GG's people can help themselves and not attempt to get people they do not like fired. That's the thing you do. Two sides of the same ugly coin. Yes I know that large diverse groups cannot be policed. I applaud the folks so said things like "we should not be trying to get her fired, that's what the other side does."

Uh-huh. Funny that GG didn't have anything to do with it, and it was the wayne foundation(aka the normies) that took up the charge on it. Just remember what sloppy journalism looks like.

This comment was edited on Mar 31, 2016, 22:46.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

15. Re: etc. Mar 31, 2016, 21:52 Cutter

America us about the last nation on earth that should be playing morality police.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

14. Re: etc. Mar 31, 2016, 19:23 Overon

Neither the SJW nor the GG's people can help themselves and not attempt to get people they do not like fired. That's the thing you do. Two sides of the same ugly coin. Yes I know that large diverse groups cannot be policed. I applaud the folks that said things like "we should not be trying to get her fired, that's what the other side does."

This comment was edited on Mar 31, 2016, 23:30.

13. Re: etc. Mar 31, 2016, 18:42 Pigeon

Blue wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 16:24:
Pigeon wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 11:43:
He's right PC's are just the worst for playing FPSs on...

I made that a separate post and forgot to take it out of here, so that's what that story disappeared.

Curses, you've foiled my attempt to make sarcastic comments about clueless Microsoft executives. I would be upset, but I'm sure there will be many more opportunities in the future.

12. Re: etc. Mar 31, 2016, 18:09 Squirmer

Beamer wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 11:05:
I don't get why so many people spent a month telling all who would listen that she was a pedophile that shouldn't be at Nintendo are now running back and saying they had nothing to do with her firing and people need to stop claiming they did.

It was literally a month(s) long campaign to make sure everyone around her knew she was a pedophile who was responsible for products consumed by children.

And, if that's true, then no, she shouldn't have had a job at Nintendo, as she was a PR disaster waiting to happen. And it did happen.

Funny thing is, all those Gamergaters probably spend a great deal of time sitting at home jerking off to little anime girls.

11. Re: etc. Mar 31, 2016, 18:02 RedEye9

Blue wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 16:24:

I made that a separate post and forgot to take it out of here, so that's what that story disappeared.

Ah so, thought i felt a disturbance in the blorce, blues force, get it.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

10. Re: etc. Mar 31, 2016, 17:54 Creston

In far more interesting news rather than some random person losing their job, THERE IS NOW A RELEASE DATE FOR FINAL FANTASY XV! AND IT LOOKS FUCKING AWESOME!! WOOOO!!!

9. Re: etc. Mar 31, 2016, 17:46 Julio

Although I can see why a pedo would want to work at Nintendo, I can't see why they would want to employ any. Unless they have many pedos working there.  

8. Re: etc. Mar 31, 2016, 16:24  Blue 

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

7. Re: etc. Mar 31, 2016, 16:23 Beamer

Tumbler wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 14:09:
It was literally a month(s) long campaign to make sure everyone around her knew she was a pedophile who was responsible for products consumed by children.

I keep hearing people say that but what exactly happened during those months? Tweets?

(Googling)

Interesting, I google "online hate campaign alison rapp" and I get a ton of recent stories about her being fired because of this campaign but nothing from when it's actually happening.

On Page 3 I found this

Blog about Alison Rapp hate campaign

(Technically I found a reddit thread that was discussing this article)

It breaks down what exactly this hate campaign appeared to be in Feb.

I think my favorite part is where she's editing quotes to make them look worse and the blogger shows her version and reality.

Do you think "online hate campaign" is the best thing to search?

Here's where people first noticed her.

And here's a link to dozens of posts about her, most calling her a pedo.

Which isn't to say she's at all blameless, or a good person, or should have stayed at Nintendo. Just that people were obsessed with her. Thousands of posts about her in those links. Thousands. Here's some idiot on Twitter. Here's another Not that idiots on Twitter saying anything are hard to find, but there's two calling for her to be fired.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

6. Re: etc. Mar 31, 2016, 14:09 Tumbler

I keep hearing people say that but what exactly happened during those months? Tweets?

(Googling)

Interesting, I google "online hate campaign alison rapp" and I get a ton of recent stories about her being fired because of this campaign but nothing from when it's actually happening.

On Page 3 I found this:

Blog about Alison Rapp hate campaign

(Technically I found a reddit thread that was discussing this article)

It breaks down what exactly this hate campaign appeared to be in Feb.

I think my favorite part is where she's editing quotes to make them look worse and the blogger shows her version and reality.

5. Re: etc. Mar 31, 2016, 13:05 Task

She did it to help pay off her school loans, which is definitely a sad scenario. Large #'s of post-graduates are in lots-o-debt in the U.S.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

4. Re: etc. Mar 31, 2016, 12:49 eRe4s3r

Can't believe I have tell you of all people that, but she was not ever a pedophile for saying the age of consent in the US should be lowered considering how absurd the law situation is...

Reason she was fired is that she worked 2nd job for Sega, Nintendos worst corporate enemy.

Ps.: And yes, her other tweet was about LEGAL bullshit, IE. things a burglar stole can not and should not ever be used against you. Imagine what kind of fucked law situation this creates, how would you prove that something a burglar claims he stole from you ISN'T YOURS. In most legal systems proof obtained like that is completely worthless before court.

But thinking was never a strong suit of SJW's and GG and neither of the media involved here.

Only thing she did wrong was unprofessional behavior (ie not splitting private and corporate twitter) not sure whether her 2nd job was even illegal as such. Nintendo PR people are not full time employed at Nintendo

This comment was edited on Mar 31, 2016, 12:56.

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >