Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Steam Top 10

Valve reports the following 10 games were the bestselling titles on Steam for last week:

1. Tom Clancy’s The Division
  2. Stardew Valley
  3. ARK: Survival Evolved
  4. Tom Clancy’s The Division
  5. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  6. The Culling
  7. Subnautica
  8. Grand Theft Auto V
  9. Factorio
  10. HITMAN
View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 28, 2016, 15:21 Zor

Freddie wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 19:52:
What was so radically different in the E3 demos ?

Nothing, really. They pulled the tablet app for whatever reason and the UI received iteration and the destruction detail and some animations were pulled back but gameplay wise I think the only thing missing is that tablet app.

3rd person, check
cover based shooter, check
bullet sponge enemies, check
looting supplies, check
seamless interior/exterior environments, check
co-op play, check
pvp, check
gadgets and gizmos and healing and turrets and seeker mines and shields and cover, check
changing skills on the fly in combat, check
weapon modding, check.

Oh ok, they took out the quicktime animation of looting a gun and checking it out... SONS OF BITCHES!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 28, 2016, 10:08 rudra

jdreyer wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 20:03:

I re-watched the E3 videos again (E3 '13, '14 & '15) and to be honest, it is not that different to what we ended up getting. In terms of graphics, when compared to ultra on PC it may be slightly downgraded.

Gameplay terms, it is pretty much showing what we got. 3rd person check. Cover based check. Bullet spongey enemies check.

The radio banter in the demos was obviously different but everyone knew that was staged for demonstration purposes by voice actors.

Glad you posted this. That was my recollection, too, but I was too lazy to go and rewatch.

so the final boss is a helicoptor? lol

have fun with that bullshit.. im sure its super awesome

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 28, 2016, 07:50 MattyC

Enkur wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 11:19:
why is Tom Clancy Division listed twice

Because you touch yourself at night!

Really, I have no idea unless it is counting the season pass type buy and the regular buy as two different things which seems odd, but I guess no more odd than other things Steam has done like that.

Speaking of, how are people liking The Division? I really enjoyed the beta and had fun with the first part of release, but I really haven't played it much since then at all. I am not sure why, but it just doesn't seem to stay fun.

"I'm Troy McClure, and I'll leave you with what we all came here to see: Hardcore nudity!"

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 28, 2016, 02:06 HorrorScope

We could still dream. Now it is what it is.

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 28, 2016, 00:04 Frijoles

ItBurn wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 16:18:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 16:11:
Nice to see a peaceful, fun game like Stardew Valley taking the #2 spot showing that not every video game needs to have violence to be successful.

But it does actually contain violence

I've killed so, so many slimes. I need to build my slime press now. Or whatever it does.

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2016, 22:11 JohnBirshire

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 20:36:
I've been playing Stardew Valley with my 7 year old son for the past 3 weeks. It's been a nice break from Minecraft!

You should play The Culling with your 7 year old.

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2016, 20:36 BIGtrouble77

I've been playing Stardew Valley with my 7 year old son for the past 3 weeks. It's been a nice break from Minecraft!  

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2016, 20:24 Kxmode

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 18:31:
Nice to see a peaceful, fun game like Stardew Valley taking the #2 spot showing that not every video game needs to have violence to be successful.

And sex

It's not Rated M for Mature. Come on... you know what I mean goofballs.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2016, 20:03 jdreyer

I re-watched the E3 videos again (E3 '13, '14 & '15) and to be honest, it is not that different to what we ended up getting. In terms of graphics, when compared to ultra on PC it may be slightly downgraded.

Gameplay terms, it is pretty much showing what we got. 3rd person check. Cover based check. Bullet spongey enemies check.

The radio banter in the demos was obviously different but everyone knew that was staged for demonstration purposes by voice actors.

Glad you posted this. That was my recollection, too, but I was too lazy to go and rewatch.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2016, 19:52 Freddie

thecakeisalie wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 16:57:
Tachikoma wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 15:00:
thecakeisalie wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 13:10:
Sad to see a mediocre game (The Division) that is NOTHING like what was demo'd at E3 smashing sales records. It is all flash and no substance.

Generally agree, but was that demo any different really, apart form the gfx downgrade? It always looked to me like an average cover based MMOTPS.

The gameplay demo'd in E3 was a lot better than anything in the game right now and not just the graphics. They also prevented reviews of the game from coming out before the game was released. Apologists during the beta said that "don't worry all the cool stuff we were promised will be here for release". It wasn't. It felt to me, having pre-ordered it, like a bait-and-switch. Angry Joe's review of the game on Youtube was spot on for me and I don't always agree with him.

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2016, 18:31 eRe4s3r

And sex

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2016, 16:57 thecakeisalie

Tachikoma wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 15:00:
Sad to see a mediocre game (The Division) that is NOTHING like what was demo'd at E3 smashing sales records. It is all flash and no substance.

Generally agree, but was that demo any different really, apart form the gfx downgrade? It always looked to me like an average cover based MMOTPS.

The gameplay demo'd in E3 was a lot better than anything in the game right now and not just the graphics. They also prevented reviews of the game from coming out before the game was released. Apologists during the beta said that "don't worry all the cool stuff we were promised will be here for release". It wasn't. It felt to me, having pre-ordered it, like a bait-and-switch. Angry Joe's review of the game on Youtube was spot on for me and I don't always agree with him.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2016, 16:18 ItBurn

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2016, 16:11 Kxmode

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2016, 15:08 jdreyer

No Samorost 3.

I guess it's too niche and available on too many other platforms to show up on the top 10.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2016, 15:00 Tachikoma

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2016, 13:33 KTR

Great to see that there are more Steam owners for Stardew Valley than The Division.

http://steamspy.com/

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2016, 13:10 thecakeisalie

Sad to see a mediocre game (The Division) that is NOTHING like what was demo'd at E3 smashing sales records. It is all flash and no substance. It just shows for much like sheep gamers have become. We reward false promises and soulless creations from big studios and fail to support honest developers.  

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2016, 12:45 Total-Khaos

Enkur wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 11:19:
why is Tom Clancy Division listed twice

The regular version is #1. The Gold Edition is #4.

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2016, 12:38 Dev

Nice to see Factorio on there!  

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >