Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

On the recommendation of some of you in the forums I have installed f.lux to govern my monitor's color temperature, something that's supposed to help maintain a proper circadian rhythm after late-night computing. This can be a little strange, as even with my color blindness the shift away from blue after this kicks in at sundown is a little striking, but it's something I can get used to. What I may not be able to adjust to is how the mouse cursor remains the same, which after the yellow shift makes it an almost blindingly harsh blue/white. A little poking around suggests this is because the cursor is rendered in hardware, and I may go so far as to delve into a registry hack suggested as a way to force a software cursor to overcome this problem.

R.I.P.: Bob Ebeling, Challenger Engineer Who Warned Of Shuttle Disaster, Dies. Thanks Slashdot via Ant.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Volcano Idols.
Royal Heroes.
Story: First "Batman v Superman" Reviews Are In.
Media: ADULTS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2 (Adults React- Gaming). NSFW.
Honest Trailers - Superman (1978) and Honest Trailers - Batman (1989).
Cleaning Dirty Marble With A 1000W Laser Is Immensely Satisfying.

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2016, 08:33 nin

Down to 33%! Next stop: My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2016, 21:50 nin

Retired wrote on Mar 23, 2016, 21:42:
Saying "They should have called it “Batmeh v Supermeh.”"

I prefer:

Honrey Cowville and Bat Afflax are "Superfriends?!?! - Dawn Of Caca"

29. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2016, 21:42 Retired

StarTribune in Minneapolis gave it 1 of 4 stars.

Review: Super strength needed to stomach the senses-assaulting 'Batman v Superman'
REVIEW: Running 153 minutes, with a swollen budget of $250 million, "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" is pure overpriced, overproduced, overlong pulp. | &#9733; out of 4 stars

Saying "They should have called it “Batmeh v Supermeh.”"

28. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2016, 20:49 Nucas

InBlack wrote on Mar 23, 2016, 17:27:
Blue wrote on Mar 23, 2016, 16:05:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 23, 2016, 13:34:
Also, I thought Snyder's Watchmen was pretty awesome. Why does everyone hate on that flick?

That's the point I wanted to add here... glad to see I'm not the only one. I think he did an outstanding job on The Watchmen, including improving the hell out of the way the story concludes. I have nothing positive to say about Man of Steel, but I think The Watchmen was a home run.

Yeah, I can't get the hate for that flick, it's absolutely the best comic book film there is.

hard to quantify these things but i just plain didn't like it. something about it was off. i'm sure it's a great adaptation but as a movie of its own, nah. the pacing felt weird, the faux-grimdark atmosphere felt forced, and for how seriously it took its own story, the ending was completely retarded.

blaming dr. manhattan wouldn't give us peace. "american superman destroys moscow" would be the headline in russia the next day. i understand in the comic the attacks were blamed on a fictional alien race and that makes somewhat more sense.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2016, 20:27 Earlyworm

Armengar wrote on Mar 23, 2016, 10:06:
Im 46 now and can play TF2 pretty decently. I play WoT (WN8 av of 1625)

Yeah well I'm 46 and have WN8 of 1627 in World of Tanks.
Wotlabs

26. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2016, 20:13 Genesys

Shok wrote on Mar 23, 2016, 16:38:
I use the lux app on my android phone and tablet, mainly to save battery. The only issue is there are a few apps that won't respond to touch input unless lux is turned off.
Try the f.lux beta app that just came out. I haven't had any problems with it on my Kindle Fire tablet (you need root), and it beats the pants off the horrible Night Shift color overlay built into the Kindles.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2016, 17:44 Creston

Batman vs Superman sucks? No! Who could have seen that coming???

Rolleyes

24. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2016, 17:31 SlimRam

jdreyer wrote on Mar 23, 2016, 16:39:
Yeah, Sucker Punch was Zack's script, and it's a mess. Still the action scenes are pretty excellent, even if they make no sense with the rest of the film. I do appreciate the twist at the end tho.

Hehehe, the wife and myself rented Sucker Punch and when the end credits rolled we both just kind of said, "What tha!?" Still not sure if what happened in the movie really happened or not but then again we were both pretty loaded and i'm fairly dim to begin with sooooo...the odds of me understanding the movie were low at best

23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2016, 17:27 InBlack

Also, I thought Snyder's Watchmen was pretty awesome. Why does everyone hate on that flick?

That's the point I wanted to add here... glad to see I'm not the only one. I think he did an outstanding job on The Watchmen, including improving the hell out of the way the story concludes. I have nothing positive to say about Man of Steel, but I think The Watchmen was a home run.

Yeah, I can't get the hate for that flick, it's absolutely the best comic book film there is.

I have a nifty blue line!

22. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2016, 16:41 jdreyer

Agreed, the movie ending is much better than the deus ex machina ending of the graphic novel. Also glad it didn't end up being PG-13.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2016, 16:39 jdreyer

El Pit wrote on Mar 23, 2016, 13:58:

I cannot understand this either, Watchmen was really good. I also enjoyed 300 - great blood and beer movie! His Dawn of the Dead remake was also surprisingly good. Then again, Sucker Punch was bad, and Man of Steel was meh.

Yeah, Sucker Punch was Zack's script, and it's a mess. Still the action scenes are pretty excellent, even if they make no sense with the rest of the film. I do appreciate the twist at the end tho.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2016, 16:38 Shok

I use the lux app on my android phone and tablet, mainly to save battery. The only issue is there are a few apps that won't respond to touch input unless lux is turned off.  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2016, 16:05  Blue 

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2016, 14:23 Agent.X7

I actually liked SUcker Punch. 300 was OK. Haven't seen his Supes movie (not into super heroes much) and Watchmen gets shit because the movie was so lame compared to the graphic novel. (WHich I bought after seeing the movie since I couldn't fathom from the movie why the fuck it was so lauded. Once I read the novel I got it.)  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

17. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2016, 14:07 Beamer

Just a couple more points about BvS:DoJ. The first Man of Steel had an RT score of 56% while still making $660M worldwide. So that's why Zack keeps getting the gig. Also, the Transformers movies are routinely below 50% on RT while still raking in hundreds of millions.

There's no accounting for taste.

There are some key differences, though. Man of Steel had a 56%, made $660MM, and... no one ever really talks about it. Do you know anyone all gung ho about loving that movie? People saw it because it was Superman, and he's a major comic book star, and they like comic book movies. It ran on inertia and good will.

Transformers, which I'd argue was an infinitely worse movie, has its fans. Its big fans. People love that movie. No idea who, but people do. Michael Bay can make a crowd pleaser, one that seems to appeal to 13 year old boys and people that can get back into the mindset of being a 13 year old boy. Zack Snyder did neither of those with Man of Steel.

Or, to me, Watchmen. I found that movie painfully dull. The only interesting part was watching a giant naked blue man destroy foreign armies for the American government, a very interesting concept, but The Dark Knight Returns did the same thing (at more or less the exact same time) with Superman, which was even more interesting.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2016, 13:58 El Pit

I cannot understand this either, Watchmen was really good. I also enjoyed 300 - great blood and beer movie! His Dawn of the Dead remake was also surprisingly good. Then again, Sucker Punch was bad, and Man of Steel was meh.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2016, 13:49 Verno

Unlike Michael Bay at least the spectacle in Snyder's films is always worth the price of admission. It sounds more like the script is to blame here. Bay's newer stuff is so over edited I can't even turn my brain off and enjoy the CGI.

And yeah JD, loved Watchmen.

Playing: Total War: Three Kingdoms, Pillars of Eternity II, Warhammer Chaosbane
Watching: 30 Rock, Good Omens, Barry

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2016, 13:34 jdreyer

Just a couple more points about BvS:DoJ. The first Man of Steel had an RT score of 56% while still making $660M worldwide. So that's why Zack keeps getting the gig. Also, the Transformers movies are routinely below 50% on RT while still raking in hundreds of millions.

There's no accounting for taste.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2016, 13:24 nin

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 23, 2016, 12:47:
Yes the Target version. Still rather would have had a 3 hour movie then a 2 hour movie with major plot holes.

Target versions extras are download only. Not worth the time...

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2016, 13:20 jdreyer

Kxmode wrote on Mar 23, 2016, 10:49:
Watch the new trailer for Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens

"The other big change is the addition of voicework from the original cast — both lines from the movie as well new voicework from "key talent" like Daisy Ridley. It's not a first for the Lego series, but Lego Star Wars has long relied on silent characters pantomiming the familiar scenes."

Yeah!

Yeah, the LOTR Lego games are some of the best, largely because they keep all the things that make the series great, plus they add all the voice work. After that, it made it harder to play other movie-based games like Harry Potter and Star Wars.

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo