Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

etc.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: etc. Mar 21, 2016, 15:32 Nucas

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 21, 2016, 11:16:
InBlack wrote on Mar 21, 2016, 03:40:
... So please, shut the fuck up. When there you have kids skipping school, dropping out, due to gaming addiction you have serious problems, when you have adults skipping work, due to gaming addiction, you have serious problems. ...

This is not Jack Thompson batshit crazy agendas we are talking about here, this is a nation with a serious problem that needs solving and quickly....

What, you mean like what the US has a problem with drugs, or booze? All of that shit you just mentioned happens in the US as well, and none of it's gaming related.

that's why people under 21 can't purchase alcohol, and drugs are illegal. your analogy seems to support what he said.

since you've both been to south korea, is there a preponderance of people gaming in internet cafes instead of their own homes? is owning a home pc rare? i find this whole situation kind of bizarre.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. No subject Mar 21, 2016, 11:16 Mashiki Amiketo

InBlack wrote on Mar 21, 2016, 03:40:
... So please, shut the fuck up. When there you have kids skipping school, dropping out, due to gaming addiction you have serious problems, when you have adults skipping work, due to gaming addiction, you have serious problems. ...

This is not Jack Thompson batshit crazy agendas we are talking about here, this is a nation with a serious problem that needs solving and quickly....

What, you mean like what the US has a problem with drugs, or booze? All of that shit you just mentioned happens in the US as well, and none of it's gaming related. FYI S.Korea's economy is still growing at a rate that should be making Americans heads hang in shame. For a country that you say has such a problem with gaming addiction, they sure are doing an amazing job with such a handicap. Especially when their economic growth is between 3-8% over the last 6 years.

But considering that many of the laws and regulations are being pushed by the fundamentalist religious nuts there, yes it's bat shit crazy agenda time. And yes, I've been to S.Korea.

ZeroPike1 wrote on Mar 21, 2016, 04:40:
In a country where people die at there PC's playing games... We might see this as Government knee-jerking reaction that would make the US look like the good guys(which is harder to do now then ever).

As he said below its enough of a national problem that it requires rules like this. Wait until fingerprint tech is required to scan people for buying beer in the US.

You mean like where people in the west die because of drugs, booze, and other poor lifestyle habits? In their homes, in cars, on the streets.

Then again, in most of the west this is called a "nanny state" and people in general are against that because they believe that self-determination and personal choice have consequences for good and ill.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

6. Re: etc. Mar 21, 2016, 04:40 ZeroPike1

In a country where people die at there PC's playing games... We might see this as Government knee-jerking reaction that would make the US look like the good guys(which is harder to do now then ever).

As he said below its enough of a national problem that it requires rules like this. Wait until fingerprint tech is required to scan people for buying beer in the US.

5. Re: etc. Mar 21, 2016, 03:40 InBlack

That article about S. Korea and your comments are proof that Americans are for the most part STILL fucking clueless about the world. Not everything is America, nor should it be, I take it you've never been to South Korea have you? Well I have. So please, shut the fuck up. When there you have kids skipping school, dropping out, due to gaming addiction you have serious problems, when you have adults skipping work, due to gaming addiction, you have serious problems. When your goddamn economy is suffering due to gaming addiction, you have serious problems. When you have natality (FFS!) problems due to gaming addiction you have serious fucking problems!

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 2016, 03:48.

I have a nifty blue line!

4. Re: etc. Mar 21, 2016, 00:47 KilrathiAce

I guess they want to become North Korea  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

3. Re: etc. Mar 20, 2016, 23:18 Nuhauser

Not allowing you to enter a cyber cafe without a high school diploma is just ridiculous. I was right with them on not allowing minors to play after midnight but that rule is insane.

Seems like Korea wants to remove itself from video game culture entirely.

2. No subject Mar 20, 2016, 22:03 Mashiki Amiketo

jdreyer wrote on Mar 20, 2016, 18:19:
How South Korea's Government Is Destroying The Korean Gaming Industry…

Aren't they doing that themselves by churning out MMO clone after MMO clone?

Nope. It's what the US would have been like in the 90's if Hillary Clinton and Jack Thompson would have won.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. Re: etc. Mar 20, 2016, 18:19 jdreyer

How South Korea's Government Is Destroying The Korean Gaming Industry…

Aren't they doing that themselves by churning out MMO clone after MMO clone?

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo