Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

X-COM Creator Gollop Teases Tactical Combat Gamez

A Phoenix Point website is online, saying this is the "new game from the creator of the original X-COM," who is Julian Gollop. There's nothing there but newsletter signups Rock, Paper, Shotgun points the way to a tweet from Gollop with all there is to know about this for the moment, which says:

Phoenix Point is our new game - turn based tactical combat - world based strategy - http://www.phoenixpoint.info/

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: X-COM Creator Gallop Teases Tactical Combat Game Mar 19, 2016, 20:10 Yifes

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 11:05:
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten all about that Kickstarter one:

Chaos Reborn

I'm tempted to buy it since it appears to be on sale right now too. **Whoops, primarily a multiplayer game, curses.

They added a single player campaign. There's also a demo on Steam so you can try it out. Haven't tried the SP campaign yet to see if its worth it for that alone, but the game is pretty cheap.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: X-COM Creator Gallop Teases Tactical Combat Game Mar 18, 2016, 21:55 dubfanatic

PHJF wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 11:35:
Task wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 11:15:
I wonder what the main world 'threat' will be, if not aliens or perhaps different?

Donald Drumpf

HAHA DRUMPF IS FUNNY NAME HE HAS POOPY PANTS

14. Re: X-COM Creator Gallop Teases Tactical Combat Game Mar 18, 2016, 20:08 jdreyer

Flatline wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 14:00:
Julian Gollop?

Is that why the call it a Gollop Chamber in the game?
Indeed. I read somewhere that they did that as an homage.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

13. Re: X-COM Creator Gollop Teases Tactical Combat Gamez Mar 18, 2016, 18:20 Creston

Sweet. I hope it will be great, we can do with more great TB games!

12. Re: X-COM Creator Gallop Teases Tactical Combat Game Mar 18, 2016, 17:17 Cutter

Tachikoma wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 16:11:
Children these days have no respect...Mr Gollop & Sid Meier - 2 of the best videogame designers ever. Shoo now, go play with your phone or something.

I was secretly hoping that Chaos Reborn might lead to bigger things and it seems there`s hope. It probably won`t be nothing close to Dreamland Chronicles Reborn- my ultimate vaporware Holy Grail - but TBS combat and overworld sounds tasty enough anyway.

He's certainly worth of the benefit of the doubt I agree. Sid alone has given me more value for my money with Civ than every other game I've ever bought combined.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

11. Re: X-COM Creator Gallop Teases Tactical Combat Game Mar 18, 2016, 16:11 Tachikoma

Children these days have no respect...Mr Gollop & Sid Meier - 2 of the best videogame designers ever. Shoo now, go play with your phone or something.

I was secretly hoping that Chaos Reborn might lead to bigger things and it seems there`s hope. It probably won`t be nothing close to Dreamland Chronicles Reborn- my ultimate vaporware Holy Grail - but TBS combat and overworld sounds tasty enough anyway.

10. Re: X-COM Creator Gallop Teases Tactical Combat Game Mar 18, 2016, 14:57 Slashman

Maybe Donald Gollump!

"My Precious...America! Make you great again. No winning for the tricksy Chinese and Japanese!"

9. Re: X-COM Creator Gallop Teases Tactical Combat Game Mar 18, 2016, 14:00 Flatline

Julian Gollop?

Is that why the call it a Gollop Chamber in the game?

8. Re: X-COM Creator Gallop Teases Tactical Combat Game Mar 18, 2016, 13:55 El Pit

I wonder what the main world 'threat' will be, if not aliens or perhaps different?

Donald Drumpf

You mean Forrest, i guess?

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

7. Re: X-COM Creator Gallop Teases Tactical Combat Game Mar 18, 2016, 12:49 Turd Ferguson

I hope it's something in the realm of Syndicate meets System Shock.  

6. Re: X-COM Creator Gallop Teases Tactical Combat Game Mar 18, 2016, 11:48 Task

Ah, perfect world threat. World vs. Trumper and VP Hitlary.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

5. Re: X-COM Creator Gallop Teases Tactical Combat Game Mar 18, 2016, 11:42 Slashman

Donald Drumpf

Heh heh heh! Laugh

4. Re: X-COM Creator Gallop Teases Tactical Combat Game Mar 18, 2016, 11:35 PHJF

Donald Drumpf

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: X-COM Creator Gallop Teases Tactical Combat Game Mar 18, 2016, 11:15 Task

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

2. Re: X-COM Creator Gallop Teases Tactical Combat Game Mar 18, 2016, 11:05 MoreLuckThanSkill

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten all about that Kickstarter one:

Chaos Reborn

I'm tempted to buy it since it appears to be on sale right now too. **Whoops, primarily a multiplayer game, curses.

1. Re: X-COM Creator Gallop Teases Tactical Combat Game Mar 18, 2016, 10:23 Beamer

I backed his last game on Kickstarter, which came out and I believe is finished... and never even installed it.

Was it fun?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo