Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

The Witcher III GDC GotY

The 16th annual Game Developers Choice Awards were handed out last night as part of the ongoing Game Developers Conference, and this press release announces all the winners. The Witcher III: Wild Hunt took home game of the year honors, and CD Projekt RED's RPG sequel was also honored for Best Technology. The most awards went to Her Story, which won for Innovation, Best Narrative, and Best Handheld/Mobile. Her Story was also the most honored game at the 18th annual Independent Games Festival Awards, taking home the Seumas McNally Grand Prize, and this announcement has all the details on those awards. For those interested in the presentations and the speeches, they are recorded for posterity in this Twitch stream, which warns that portions of the audio are muted over possible copyright concerns, because lawyers. The ceremony also included the awarding of the previously announced Pioneer award for Markus "Notch" Persson and Lifetime Achievement award for Bethesda's Todd Howard.
View

15. Re: The Witcher III GDF GotY Mar 17, 2016, 18:05 Squirmer

Quinn wrote on Mar 17, 2016, 13:54:
Never heard of "Her Story" so how award winning should it be? I mean, I'm such a fucking loser I browse game sites every time life allows me and I. Have. Never. Heard. Of. That. Game.

To me, that looks like the gaming community didn't give a shit about that game. To me, that looks like this GOTY jury is another panel of weird, naked artists who base the awesomeness of something on the way the windowsill in the background is painted applegreen or some weird shit like that.

I'm rambling. Very glad to see The Witcher 3 in there though!! Can't wait for Blood & Wine.
Her Story got plenty of coverage when it was released halfway through last year. Search Blues for it and you'll find it mentioned in half a dozen news stories, including a specific post about its release last June.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Mar 17, 10:24 Re: The Witcher III GDF GotY Linthat22
  2. Mar 17, 10:25  Re: The Witcher III GDF GotY nin
  3. Mar 17, 10:31 Re: The Witcher III GDF GotY Task
  4. Mar 17, 10:33  Re: The Witcher III GDF GotY nin
  5. Mar 17, 11:06   Re: The Witcher III GDF GotY CJ_Parker
  6. Mar 17, 11:21    Re: The Witcher III GDF GotY MoreLuckThanSkill
  7. Mar 17, 13:54 Re: The Witcher III GDF GotY Quinn
  8. Mar 17, 14:15  Re: The Witcher III GDF GotY Fion
  9. Mar 17, 14:22   Re: The Witcher III GDF GotY Nucas
  10. Mar 17, 15:11    Re: The Witcher III GDF GotY Bundy