Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Just Cause 3: Sky Fortress Takes Off

SQUARE ENIX announces the promised general release of Sky Fortress for Just Cause 3, offering all players of their action sequel the chance to pick this up after it was previously only available to owners of the AIR, LAND & SEA Expansion Pass. This previously released trailer offers a look at the content this adds, and here's word:
JUST CAUSE 3: SKY FORTRESS, the first content pack from the Air, Land and Sea Expansion Pass which was previously only available to pass holders - is now on general sale for all players.

SKY FORTRESS contains a brand new set of missions that introduce a new threat – the eDEN Corporation and their huge and terrifying Sky Fortress, with its army of deadly robotic drones. To tackle his deadly new adversary, Rico Rodriguez will use a new upgradeable, rocket-powered, weaponised ‘Bavarium Wingsuit’ fitted with shoulder mounted machine guns and auto targeting missiles - alongside his new ‘Eviction’ personal defence drone and ‘Bavarium Splitter’ assault rifle.

“The new content will fundamentally alter how our players approach the game - we’re really looking forward to seeing how fans adapt to the new Wingsuit,” said Tobias Andersson, Senior Producer at Avalanche Studios. “The new story missions, challenges and gadgets that can be taken into the main game really mix things up, and we can’t wait for players to revisit Medici and start getting even more creative”.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Just Cause 3: Sky Fortress Takes Off Mar 16, 2016, 21:54 Suppa7

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 16:30:
Seriously, when will you people ever learn?

Never, let's remember the public first paved the way for all this shit with MMO's back in the day. If you knew anything about computers you know you wanted to avoid paying a subscription for a DRM'd RPG. The game industry has just had to wait for a group of kids who didn't grow up during the 90's PC game boom and are mostly computer illiterate.

Anyone who gamed during that time has to be fucking horrified that the new generation has given away everything, their rights, their freedom to modify their own games, because their impatient irrational addicted monkeys.

Publishers must be laughing their asses off at how easily kids these days buy their shit about games as a service, dlc, etc. They got everything they ever wanted and then some.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Just Cause 3: Sky Fortress Takes Off Mar 16, 2016, 20:16 LittleMe

jdreyer wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 02:17:
Quinn wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 19:14:
The game is gorgeous and basically runs with 144fps constantly. It's a very well optimized game. The main story, however, is short as hell and somehow the entire environment didn't have that foreign, majestic feel JC2 had.

The game was a big freaking meh. Short as fuck.

Playing JC2 currently and having hella fun. Will pick up JC3 next year, when it's complete.

Good idea. IMO JC2 is the better game. I agree that JC3 is meh.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

11. Re: Just Cause 3: Sky Fortress Takes Off Mar 16, 2016, 18:22 Creston

Ludomancer wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 12:17:
Is it free? No? Cause I'm still waiting for the rest of my $60 adventure, and I got something that felt about $0.99 worth. Nice world. Where was the game again?

That's strange, I felt exactly the opposite. Nice game, where's the cool game world to play it in? (Rather than this massively empty ball of copy pasta'd grass, rocks and identical towns.)

10. Re: Just Cause 3: Sky Fortress Takes Off Mar 16, 2016, 02:17 jdreyer

Quinn wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 19:14:
The game is gorgeous and basically runs with 144fps constantly. It's a very well optimized game. The main story, however, is short as hell and somehow the entire environment didn't have that foreign, majestic feel JC2 had.

Playing JC2 currently and having hella fun. Will pick up JC3 next year, when it's complete.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

9. Re: Just Cause 3: Sky Fortress Takes Off Mar 15, 2016, 23:24 jacobvandy

I got 30 hours out of it, so that's plenty worth it to me. Loads of fun. The DLC, however, is better suited as an early-mid game side activity... Going back for that after 100%-ing the base game means it lasted about 1-2 hours before I was done and waiting for the next DLC. It'd be much better if this was available early on so that I could take that jet-boosted wingsuit with me to do all the other stuff in the game.  

8. Re: Just Cause 3: Sky Fortress Takes Off Mar 15, 2016, 20:32 Wowbagger_TIP

It didn't seem all that short to me, but then I tend to run around and do a lot of random things rather than just going mission to mission. It's a fun game, but I got distracted by FO4, then Grim Dawn, then Path of Exile Ascendancy expansion, and still have The Division that I may play with some co-workers. So, this will probably wait for a sale. Looks pretty cool though.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

7. Re: Just Cause 3: Sky Fortress Takes Off Mar 15, 2016, 20:21 Pundit Guy

The base game and the DLC combined was $53 or so a week ago. That's the only reason I picked it up.  

6. Re: Just Cause 3: Sky Fortress Takes Off Mar 15, 2016, 19:14 Quinn

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

5. Re: Just Cause 3: Sky Fortress Takes Off Mar 15, 2016, 17:45 Squirmer

If you paid $60 for it you didn't shop around very smartly. It was available in many places for about $40 on release day. And if you bought it later when the price was higher (for some reason) you should have seen the reviews suggesting it had problems.  

4. Re: Just Cause 3: Sky Fortress Takes Off Mar 15, 2016, 16:30 CJ_Parker

Is it free? No? Cause I'm still waiting for the rest of my $60 adventure, and I got something that felt about $0.99 worth. Nice world. Where was the game again?

You easily hyped sheeple deserve to be fleeced. If you bought JC3 for $60 then hurry up and grab that season pass for another dirt cheap $25. Come on. You know you want to!

Seriously, when will you people ever learn? I could see this from miles away that this game's actual meat would be delivered via DLC later on. Except for that, you always wait for reviews and sales if a game has a season pass. Always. Ideally you'll wait for a bundle of game + season pass to go on sale.
Do not support season pass games. You are begging for more chopped up games in the future by supporting this shit with a $60 full price purchase.

3. Re: Just Cause 3: Sky Fortress Takes Off Mar 15, 2016, 15:49 Cutter

So you don't feel like the Firestarter? Twisted Firestarter?

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

2. Re: Just Cause 3: Sky Fortress Takes Off Mar 15, 2016, 12:19 The Half Elf

So there is no way to purchase this by itself?!?  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

1. Re: Just Cause 3: Sky Fortress Takes Off Mar 15, 2016, 12:17 Ludomancer

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >