Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

System Shock Remastered Footage

This trailer offers a look at the upcoming System Shock Remastered, including gameplay footage developer Night Dive Studios labels as pre-alpha (thanks OnlySP via Jeff). Here's word from the description of the action/RPG remake: "After 20 years, we are remastering and re-imagining the original System Shock. We will keep the new game true to the classic experience, keeping all the things you loved, while updating the user interface and graphics to use a modern day engine (Unity)."

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 18:50 BobBob

I hope they get rid of weapon degradation entirely. It's one of the worst gameplay gimmicks ever invented. Make the story suspenseful and skip the cheap mechanics.  
Don't like my post? Submit a complaint
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 18:07 Task

Personally I hope they don't enhance it with any 'modern' gimmicks like quest markers and crap like that. Just keep it minimalist - its what makes the SS games unique horror/survival/explore games. The best part about the original SS too is that the UI was apart of your vision. If the kids can't hack it and figure out what to do in this game, then tough luck man. I laughed when I read youngins couldn't figure out how to advance when Super Metroid was 1:1 ported (non remaster) to the virtual console and couldn't figure out why Samus couldn't crouch or go prone, when they didn't realize they had to unlock her morph ball form in another area.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

25. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 14:42 Lord Tea

Quinn wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 02:16:
This looks fucking gorgeous! Excited!

It looks like a 1:1 port of the original 1994 game (which I've played back then) to a modern engine. I'm not sure if this approach is going to work gameplay wise. Due to the limitations of the 1994 engine the original game lacks quite a few features of a modern game. I expect significant enhancements in this department, they need to do a whole lot of revamping behind the scenes. Porting to a new engine is probably the easiest part.

Anytime. Anywhere. Anyone.
[Tagline: John Carpenter's "The Thing"]
[Tagline: United Police States of America]

24. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 13:26 Ant

jdreyer wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 13:02:
Ant wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 11:45:
Graphics seems good to me. Why is everyone complaing about it? :/
Everyone's a critic.

As I understand it, they're keeping with the original architecture, so it's going to be very low poly.
Eh, it's good enough for me.

Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net) & The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org).

23. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 13:02 jdreyer

Ant wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 11:45:
Everyone's a critic.

As I understand it, they're keeping with the original architecture, so it's going to be very low poly.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

22. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 12:13 MajorD

Qbex . wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 05:53:
......Thief Gold next please and I'm sorted

Here you go. http://www.moddb.com/mods/thief-gold-hd-texture-mod

Still counting...

21. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 12:00 InBlack

Wow  

I have a nifty blue line!

20. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 11:45 Ant

Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net) & The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org).

19. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 10:34 BobBob

When does the iPad version come out?  
Don't like my post? Submit a complaint

18. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 09:46 Burrito of Peace

Color me impressed. I agree that the graphics need some serious work, though.  

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

17. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 09:31 Task

Definitely buying that on GOG when its available for pre-order - Holy Smokes. Original is still fine, I think, but now graphicphiles or the pixel-allergic can try it out.

Game might still be too hardcore for young whippersnappers. What will they ever do without an objective marker?

This may portend to that System Shock 3 is in the right hands.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

16. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 09:19 ZeroPike1

That sound design is amazing so far. Graphics could use some more work/polish. Otherwise, looking very sweet so far.  

15. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 06:39 Turd Ferguson

Qbex . wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 05:53:
This look freaking awesome, one of my fav games of all time gets modern reskin. I did not expected that. I'm throwing money at screen as I type this.

I might have leaked a little excitement pee.

Jerykk wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 04:31:
Zombie looks kind of dumb but they can probably make it scarier by release. It's interesting how true they're staying to the aesthetic of the original.

Indeed, needs the weird looking slug coming out of its head hehe!

14. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 05:53 Qbex .

This look freaking awesome, one of my fav games of all time gets modern reskin. I did not expected that. I'm throwing money at screen as I type this.
Thief Gold next please and I'm sorted

13. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 05:37 bigspender

Wesp5 wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 04:20:
This really looks great! I have a question though, as I never played the original SS: Do we need to fight endless enemies with a pipe like we had to do in SS2 with the wrench or is this just a demo issue?

Only if you take the wrench upgrades and keep getting seen by security cameras

Unless you were playing on some brutal difficult in SS2 you should be able to shoot your way through the whole game, the cameras will beep to warn you are being detected before they set off the alarms. Of course you can always hack the security consoles.

12. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 05:27 Tachikoma

Re-mastering? Hmmm...maybe, okay.

Re-imagining? GTFO

11. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 04:52 jdreyer

This would kick ass in VR.  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

10. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 04:31 Jerykk

Zombie looks kind of dumb but they can probably make it scarier by release. It's interesting how true they're staying to the aesthetic of the original.  

9. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 04:20 Wesp5

This really looks great! I have a question though, as I never played the original SS: Do we need to fight endless enemies with a pipe like we had to do in SS2 with the wrench or is this just a demo issue?  

8. Re: System Shock Remastered Footage Mar 15, 2016, 03:07 Kxmode

My reaction  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo