Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

Okay, the Videosift protest spawned a counter-protest, so they're back (and not stripped because they are the ones who identified them as worthy of posting). I happily accept videos from other sources, so feel free to submit them.

R.I.P.: Keith Emerson, Emerson, Lake and Palmer Keyboardist, Dead at 71. :(

Curated Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Dungeons and Donuts 2.
Fabulous Defense.
Stories: A dozen states are considering getting rid of daylight saving time. Is that a good thing?
Where’s Richard Simmons? Twisted mystery has friends concerned. Thanks Devicer.
Science: GM mosquitoes clear an FDA hurdle for Florida release, locals angry.
Want to Avoid a Cold? Try a Tattoo or Twenty, says UA Researcher.
Media: Keith Emerson Band - Lucky Man.
Rick Roll evangelist win.
Parents Try To Prank Son - Backfire.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2016, 21:08 Kxmode

InBlack wrote on Mar 13, 2016, 19:27:
Pigeon wrote on Mar 13, 2016, 11:48:
InBlack wrote on Mar 13, 2016, 09:17:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 12, 2016, 16:54:
Pigeon wrote on Mar 12, 2016, 12:26:
GM mosquitoes? Hell no! Give me the mass spraying of pesticides any day.

Any day? How about every day? What do you think those Chemtrails you see every day are?

Holy fuck, surely you're not serious?

Chemtrails are the main stay of government mind control; they weaken the frontal lobe's ability to reason, in-large part hindering abilities to draw links between consequence and action and future outcomes. This leaves us susceptible to more basal emotional responses such as fear and anger which the government under direction of the NWO uses to manipulate the populace. How else do you explain things like the Kardashians, the tides and why its so hard to tell sarcasm from what someone actually thinks on the internet? Grin

Well actually I was responding to Kxmode, but yeah, I hope he was being sarcastic.

Of course I was being sarcastic. Gees...

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2016, 19:27 InBlack

Pigeon wrote on Mar 13, 2016, 11:48:

Any day? How about every day? What do you think those Chemtrails you see every day are?

Chemtrails are the main stay of government mind control; they weaken the frontal lobe's ability to reason, in-large part hindering abilities to draw links between consequence and action and future outcomes. This leaves us susceptible to more basal emotional responses such as fear and anger which the government under direction of the NWO uses to manipulate the populace. How else do you explain things like the Kardashians, the tides and why its so hard to tell sarcasm from what someone actually thinks on the internet? Grin

Well actually I was responding to Kxmode, but yeah, I hope he was being sarcastic.

I have a nifty blue line!

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2016, 11:57 The Half Elf

*starts wrapping himself in tinfoil.... twice*  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

Currently playing: Red Dead Redemtion 2/Online, Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls Online, and about 200 other games I've never fin

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2016, 11:48 Pigeon

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2016, 09:17 InBlack

I have a nifty blue line!

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2016, 05:05 Nucas

government mind control agents of course.

as for the mosquitoes, the only modification is a gene that proves fatal to their progeny. it's been tested for five years.

i think there's a little too much panic about GMOs in general. the current political climate - the exaggerated notion of "lets meet in the middle" - seems to make people think one man's ignorance is as valid as another man's knowledge. GMOs have already proven useful in food cultivation and they will prove increasingly necessary in our increasingly resource-strained world.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2016, 20:10 RoboNerd

Consider myself a lucky man to have seen ELP live during the Works tour. Greg Lake is my favorite of the trio, but thanks Keith.  

9. Re: A dozen states are considering getting rid of daylight saving time. Is that a good thing? Mar 12, 2016, 18:44 Agent.X7

jimnms wrote on Mar 12, 2016, 14:03:
The sun would rise earlier, giving farmers an extra hour of daylight to work.

Umm, farmers don't work by the clock, they go to work when the sun comes up and quit when it goes down, no matter what time it is.

Yeah, that's not even close to being how it works. This is a crazy thing people believe that has its roots in history. Electricity has been invented, we are no longer beholden to the sun's whims. Join us in 2015 brother, behold the power of the wattage!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2016, 16:54 Kxmode

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

7. Re: A dozen states are considering getting rid of daylight saving time. Is that a good thing? Mar 12, 2016, 15:54 Cutter

jimnms wrote on Mar 12, 2016, 14:03:
Umm, farmers don't work by the clock, they go to work when the sun comes up and quit when it goes down, no matter what time it is.

Hah! You win the internet today!

I'm all for ending the switching of clocks and sticking to one time. I like the extra hour of daylight during day light saving time, but I think we should keep standard time, where noon is the time when the sun is at its highest point and instead move "standard" business hours back one hour. One place I worked at I had worked from 7am to 3:30pm. I loved those hours because when I got off work there was plenty of daylight left to get shit done. At first I hated the shorter lunch break, but it didn't take long to get used to it and eventually grew to like it. I didn't need an hour to eat lunch and it meant getting off work half an hour earlier.

I've always hated hour lunches when I worked corporate. I'd much rather be getting out of work early. In hospitality you don't really have mandated breaks - regardless of what the law says - and just take a break when you can and go go go the rest of the time. You usually just take 5 minutes between the 6 and 8 seatings, scarf down whatever, take a leak, have a smoke, get back to it. I acutally prefer that because A) it makes the day fly by B) at least as far as restos are concerned it means you're making money and that's always good. Sitting around twiddling your thumbs in that industry is a bad thing.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

6. Re: A dozen states are considering getting rid of daylight saving time. Is that a good thing? Mar 12, 2016, 14:53 Armengar

The farms in my neck of the woods are in massive greenhouses that work 24/7. In the winter there are floodlights for the workers.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

5. A dozen states are considering getting rid of daylight saving time. Is that a good thing? Mar 12, 2016, 14:03 MeanJim

The sun would rise earlier, giving farmers an extra hour of daylight to work.

I'm all for ending the switching of clocks and sticking to one time. I like the extra hour of daylight during day light saving time, but I think we should keep standard time, where noon is the time when the sun is at its highest point and instead move "standard" business hours back one hour. One place I worked at I had worked from 7am to 3:30pm. I loved those hours because when I got off work there was plenty of daylight left to get shit done. At first I hated the shorter lunch break, but it didn't take long to get used to it and eventually grew to like it. I didn't need an hour to eat lunch and it meant getting off work half an hour earlier.

MeanJim on Steam

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2016, 13:43 Julio

GM mosquitoes, sure nothing could go wrong with this. And I'm sure the average person will be left with the consequences.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2016, 12:26 Pigeon

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2016, 12:05 Placid

C'Est la Vie  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 12, 2016, 11:49 nin

Cool, I got no issues with videosift. I go there almost as much as YT...nothing wrong with them.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo