Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Into the Black

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Into the Black Mar 12, 2016, 10:55 InBlack

Yeah most of the ST movies were pretty lame compared to the shows, but there were some gems in there too. ST VI, the undiscovered country is probably my favorite of the lot.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Into the Black Mar 12, 2016, 10:35 descender

D. Don't blame the director for a poor script.

The hate in these threads is always so strangely applied.

7. Re: Into the Black Mar 12, 2016, 09:08 ZeroPike1

JJ Abrams films work if you:

A: In your mind shut off the idea of what the movie is supposed to be like based on past/source material. IE: Star Trek, Transformer's

B: Realize everyone but the main Character is nothing more then background scenery with voice lines.

C: Endless expanse shots, always film in panoramic views. It keeps the monkeys awake at the test screening. So when it gets to real theaters, audiences stay awake, in there seats and ignore the 1 dimensional Characters.

Ending lens-flares on screen will not solve his problems at all. I vote he does not make movies at all ether.

6. Re: Into the Black Mar 12, 2016, 07:30 Ecthelion

Cutter wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 22:50:
In all fairness to the guy most of the Trek movies have sucked nard anyway. The first one was great. Kahn and Spock were good. The rest? Bored rainy day Sunday movies at best. The TNG movies were all pretty meh too.
It's rare to find the Trekkie/Trekker who dislikes the movies, but I'm in the same boat. I can watch and enjoy the movies well enough, but the movies have increasingly been less and less related to the shows. Especially in the TNG movies where they kept finding excuses to get Worf back on the Enterprise when he was posted to DS9.

I do love Voyage Home for its humor and goofy way to convey an environmental message in the mid 80's, but it's not as consistent with Trek as the first 3 movies.

Typically the movies were just focused on the 2 or 3 main cast, and the rest of them got sidelined. They never felt like complete teams like they did on the shows.

5. Re: Into the Black Mar 12, 2016, 03:17 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 19:36:
Now, if she could just convince him to stop ruining good IPs like Star Trek.

And Star Wars.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

4. Re: Into the Black Mar 11, 2016, 22:50 Cutter

Tom wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 21:08:
AlexSledge wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 20:46:
Now, if she could just convince him to stop...
...making movies.

All fixed.
Yes please. And yet if it wasn't JJ, it'd probably be even worse eh?

I guess we'll never know will we? Sure they could have been worse, but they could have been a metric shit ton better too. In all fairness to the guy most of the Trek movies have sucked nard anyway. The first one was great. Kahn and Spock were good. The rest? Bored rainy day Sunday movies at best. The TNG movies were all pretty meh too.

And I can't fault the guy for ruining Star Wars as Lucas managed that just fine himself after Empire. Still, I don't care for his work at all. No sir, I don't like it.

"Put the pick in there, Pete, and turn it round real neat."

3. Re: Into the Black Mar 11, 2016, 21:08 Tom

AlexSledge wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 20:46:
...making movies.

All fixed.
Yes please. And yet if it wasn't JJ, it'd probably be even worse eh?

2. Re: Into the Black Mar 11, 2016, 20:46 AlexSledge

...making movies.

All fixed.

I should be coding.

1. Re: Into the Black Mar 11, 2016, 19:36 Cutter

Now, if she could just convince him to stop ruining good IPs like Star Trek.

"Put the pick in there, Pete, and turn it round real neat."

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo