Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Limit Theory Engine Tune-up

A post on the Limit Theory Forums has a status report on this crowdfunded procedural space simulation, which has had its share of ups and downs along the way. An update last year reassured backers and followers of the project that development continued, and now developer Josh Parnell outlines changes he has implemented under the hood. There are a lot of engine details, but here's his conclusion: "Having written a good bit it already, I can tell you guys that, all this technical stuff aside, the single best part of this new approach is that building LT actually feels like building LT, not like thinking about the best way to implement each tiny piece of it. In that respect, a HUGE burden has been lifted from both myself as well as future modders!" Thanks JDreyer.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Limit Theory Engine Tune-up Mar 12, 2016, 03:21 jdreyer

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 11, 2016, 10:38:
The later this comes out the less relevant it will be.

I'm wondering why you think that. This will still launch years before Star Citizen.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Limit Theory Engine Tune-up Mar 11, 2016, 14:46 saluk

The 80/20 problem in action.  

4. Re: Limit Theory Engine Tune-up Mar 11, 2016, 10:50 gray

Whether he pulls it off or not it's been a good journey.

Good Luck steely-eyed missile man.

3. Re: Limit Theory Engine Tune-up Mar 11, 2016, 10:38 rudra

its exactly the same sentiments that have been expressed since the beginning, over and over, ad nauseum  

2. Re: Limit Theory Engine Tune-up Mar 11, 2016, 10:38 SpectralMeat

The later this comes out the less relevant it will be.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

1. Re: Limit Theory Engine Tune-up Mar 11, 2016, 10:25 Silent Bob

I'm glad Josh is making progress, especially given the personal problems he's had. But it seems like he's still endlessly changing and overhauling the underlying engine instead of working on gameplay. We'll see.

Maybe the mod community will be able to make something out of this if it's ever released.

This comment was edited on Mar 11, 2016, 15:52.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo