Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

CDPR Game Coming This Year; Not Cyberpunk 2077

There were indications at the end of last year that CD Projekt RED was planning to release Cyberpunk 2077 by the end of this year, but a new strategy roadmap from the developer says their cyberpunk RPG will come next year at the soonest, listing it under "later years (2017-2021). That part of the roadmap also says to expect another AAA RPG in that same period, while as for 2016, they promise a second expansion for The Witcher 3 along with "a new type of video game format previously unexplored by the Studio." Here's word:

Plans
In order to preserve our competitive advantage, this public version of the Group’s plans only lists selected components of our strategic agenda. For the same reasons, the descriptions of certain projects are necessarily terse. Plans have been divided into two periods: the current year (2016) and the following five-year period (2017-2021). Within each period individual .items are not arranged in chronological order.

CD PROJEKT RED Studio

• Release of the second expansion pack for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Blood and Wine.
  • Implementation of new promotional and marketing activities supporting continued sales of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
  • A new type of video game format previously unexplored by the Studio.

(Later years (2017-2021)

• Release of Cyberpunk 2077.
  • Release of another AAA RPG title.
  • Expansion of our core franchises with additional media content and product lines.
  • Further active marketing and support for our earlier releases.
  • Near-twofold expansion of the CD PROJEKT RED team. Creation of four individual teams, two of which will be tasked •
    .with development of games representing new segments.
  • Establishment of new local branches of CD PROJEKT RED in key territories.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: CDPR Game Coming This Year; Not Cyberpunk 2077 Mar 11, 2016, 19:19 Avus

as long as they won't get bought by EA or Microsoft, they will be fine... Both EA and MS are game/game studio destroyer.

“I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: CDPR Game Coming This Year; Not Cyberpunk 2077 Mar 11, 2016, 11:05 Quinn

Task wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 23:32:
Cutter wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 20:55:
Blood & Wine is supposed to be out end of April or in May. Can't wait, as I've been itchin' for a new playthough with it and Hearts of Stone.

You know Cutter you don't need to start a new game to play Hearts of Stone. Its balanced so as to be started right after the main story with your save file. Although CD Projekt was super smart in that they let the player choose how they want to play it.

I'll replay the entire thing too. Vanilla + the DLCs. I haven't touched both DLCs by then and I'd like a replay for immersiveness' sake.

I think I'll go for Triss again. Because Triss.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

12. Re: CDPR Game Coming This Year; Not Cyberpunk 2077 Mar 11, 2016, 10:03 Tipsy McStagger

Heart of Stone by itself is a AAA RPG story.

Anyways, looking forward to whatever these guys put out. Really hoping their project manager is as good as he's proven to be by weeding out bad people and bad ideas which makes these games great.

11. Re: CDPR Game Coming This Year; Not Cyberpunk 2077 Mar 11, 2016, 09:32 InBlack

How long have they been working on it? Because it seems to me that they must have restarted it a couple of times, or they haven't really been putting any real resources into development. Now that I think about it, I'm more inclined to believe the latter is the case since the Witcher3 is such a huge and detailed world I doubt they did any real asset development until it was completed.  

I have a nifty blue line!

10. Re: CDPR Game Coming This Year; Not Cyberpunk 2077 Mar 11, 2016, 06:49 ZeroPike1

Being that's its from the Witcher dev's more or less. I will keep and eye on it. Cyberpunk needs a good game aside from Shadowrun.

But calling it Cyberpunk 2077 sounds like a name in a GameDev tycoon game you'd just type in to fill space.

9. Re: CDPR Game Coming This Year; Not Cyberpunk 2077 Mar 11, 2016, 04:40 El Pit

jdreyer wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 19:08:
What are the odds it will be out before 2077?

None. The 2077 is NOT part of the title, it is and always has been the release date. In Valve time.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

8. Re: Brian Reynolds' Alpha Centauri Shooter/RPG Dreams Mar 11, 2016, 01:47 ehaykal

I can't wait to learn more about 2077  

7. Re: CDPR Game Coming This Year; Not Cyberpunk 2077 Mar 10, 2016, 23:32 Task

Cutter wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 20:55:
Blood & Wine is supposed to be out end of April or in May. Can't wait, as I've been itchin' for a new playthough with it and Hearts of Stone.

You know Cutter you don't need to start a new game to play Hearts of Stone. Its balanced so as to be started right after the main story with your save file. Although CD Projekt was super smart in that they let the player choose how they want to play it.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

6. Re: CDPR Game Coming This Year; Not Cyberpunk 2077 Mar 10, 2016, 21:43 Techie714 ©

These guys could put out a simple marble game and I'd buy it. I LOVE this developer & they treat the community very well. Every Witcher game was outstanding, & Hearts of Stone...WOW!  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

5. Re: CDPR Game Coming This Year; Not Cyberpunk 2077 Mar 10, 2016, 21:19 Nuhaus

Frijoles wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 19:58:
Hope they don't grow too fast. That seems to kill a lot of developers when they expand their team too quickly.

They have been so consistently awesome that one can't help but wonder. Hoping their position in Krakow will keep them isolated from the bullshit that is represented by EA and Ubisoft for many years to come.

4. Re: CDPR Game Coming This Year; Not Cyberpunk 2077 Mar 10, 2016, 20:55 Cutter

Blood & Wine is supposed to be out end of April or in May. Can't wait, as I've been itchin' for a new playthough with it and Hearts of Stone. Geez, I sure hope Cy makes it out next year. I'd hate to wait any longer for it.

So long as they can maintain W3 quality I really look forward to seeing what else they can do.

"Put the pick in there, Pete, and turn it round real neat."

3. Re: CDPR Game Coming This Year; Not Cyberpunk 2077 Mar 10, 2016, 19:58 Frijoles

Hope they don't grow too fast. That seems to kill a lot of developers when they expand their team too quickly.  

2. Re: CDPR Game Coming This Year; Not Cyberpunk 2077 Mar 10, 2016, 19:14 Primalchrome

Sigh.  

1. Re: CDPR Game Coming This Year; Not Cyberpunk 2077 Mar 10, 2016, 19:08 jdreyer

What are the odds it will be out before 2077?  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo