There were indications at the end of last
that CD Projekt RED was planning to release Cyberpunk 2077
end of this year, but
from the developer says their cyberpunk RPG will come next
year at the soonest, listing it under "later years (2017-2021). That part of the
roadmap also says to expect another AAA RPG in that same period, while as for
2016, they promise a second expansion for The Witcher 3
along with "a new
type of video game format previously unexplored by the Studio." Here's
In order to preserve our competitive advantage, this public version of the
Group’s plans only lists selected components of our strategic agenda. For the
same reasons, the descriptions of certain projects are necessarily terse. Plans
have been divided into two periods: the current year (2016) and the following
five-year period (2017-2021). Within each period individual .items are not
arranged in chronological order.
CD PROJEKT RED Studio
- Release of the second expansion pack for The
Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Blood and Wine.
- Implementation of new promotional and marketing
activities supporting continued sales of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
- A new type of video game format previously
unexplored by the Studio.
(Later years (2017-2021)
- Release of Cyberpunk 2077.
- Release of another AAA RPG title.
- Expansion of our core franchises with additional
media content and product lines.
- Further active marketing and support for our
- Near-twofold expansion of the CD PROJEKT RED team.
Creation of four individual teams, two of which will be tasked •
.with development of games representing new segments.
- Establishment of new local branches of CD PROJEKT
RED in key territories.