Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Morning Consolidation

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 10, 2016, 18:29 Tom

The consumer version of the Oculus Rift (CV1) does not represent the bare minimum for acceptable VR. In my opinion, DK2 was close in many ways. With a little better ergonomics and maybe less screen door, they could've sold DK2 as CV1, and would've if it hadn't been for the FB buyout. The 75 fps of DK2 is plenty sufficient thanks to the low persistence. CV1 is going to be 90 fps which is overkill to be on the safe side in my opinion.

I think Playstation VR can definitely be lower quality than CV1 in many ways and still be a great success.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 10, 2016, 17:08 InBlack

1badmf wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 16:52:
as i understand it, what occulus is doing is the bare minimum for acceptable VR. we all remember the complaints about dizziness from lag and screendoor effect with previous OR versions, so i don't see how sony could be avoiding that while releasing a cheaper version.

Simple. Lower resolution. It looks like ass, but it won't make you sick because the frame rate will be ok.

I have a nifty blue line!

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 10, 2016, 16:52 1badmf

as i understand it, what occulus is doing is the bare minimum for acceptable VR. we all remember the complaints about dizziness from lag and screendoor effect with previous OR versions, so i don't see how sony could be avoiding that while releasing a cheaper version. occulus could've probably released something on par with sony a year ago, but i like that they chose to forego quick profit with semi-functional kludge in favor of a real VR solution.  

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 10, 2016, 16:21 HorrorScope

BitWraith wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 12:35:
Sony won't have a problem with the lack of quality as long as they price it accordingly.

This may be a tech you can't cut corners on. We'll see. Sony hasn't been cheap with headsets before $800+ and were no match at all to Rift/Vive, even development models.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 10, 2016, 12:55 Fion

Of course the PlayStation VR isn't going to match the Rift (or the Vive) in quality. The PS4 simply does not have the power to drive 120 fps (60 x 2) graphics that would look in any way modern.  

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 10, 2016, 12:35 BitWraith

Sony won't have a problem with the lack of quality as long as they price it accordingly.  

Big Box PC Game Collectors - https://www.facebook.com/groups/311204112360601/

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 10, 2016, 10:03 Ecthelion

Megolomaniac is good, but they need Pendulous Threads in there too. What a great song.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo