Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer

Bethesda.net announces a March 31st start date for closed beta testing of DOOM, saying id Software's return to the first-person shooter series is still on track for release on May 13th. They offer a new multiplayer trailer to celebrate the news, and its description offers more details:

DOOMís multiplayer is not for the faint of heart. Itís bloody. Itís brutal. And it's VERY FAST. Prepare yourself with a glimpse into DOOMís multiplayer mayhem in the latest trailer.

Players eligible for the DOOM Beta through their purchase of Wolfenstein: The New Order, your chance to play DOOM Multiplayer is coming! We will be running the Closed Beta between March 31 and April 3. To check eligibility requirements, please visit www.doom.com/beta. Participants will be able to try out Team Deathmatch and the recently revealed Warpath mode on two maps: Heatwave and Infernal.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 22:46 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks halfway decent. Probably only going to play it for single player though, unless the MP ends up being ridiculously good.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 19:58 Linksil

I can't be the only one thinking the voice over for kill(sprees?) Is just horrible!. If they let us edit it that's fine... but right now it sounds like someone recorded that on a monday morning with no coffee.  
Munching On: FF14 storyline, SAO PS4, Horizon.

32. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 16:32 Acleacius

What...someone actually said Q3 was too colorful? Lol_dies

Iirc they add the color red to the already fascinating color pallet of brown, green and grey. Think I could run it on 4bit color? Tickling

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

31. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 14:53 Drayth

The speed of the person playing as an imp seemed pretty damn fast at least, but I'll also agree the base movement speed is still faster than the norm these days. I played the earlier alphas and it had a nice retro feel to it.  

30. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 14:03 Razumen

I'm really excited for this game actually, my only two concerns are 1. No coop for the main campaign, and 2. No real editor.  

29. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 13:53 Yosemite Sam

Heh, sweet, that looks like fun. Being able to become one of the beasts, nice addition. If the single player campaign isn't short I'm sold.  

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

28. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 11:08 InBlack

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 06:05:

The entire point of Doom was the scarey ugly monsters, you hide that in armor and give them guns you completely lose that atmosphere.

It's been a while since you played Doom1 or 2 hasn't it? I can tell, since you don't seem to remember that half of the demons in Doom1 and 2 had some kind of cybernetic implants and/or weapons.

I have a nifty blue line!

27. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 11:05 InBlack

Sepharo wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 23:15:
I hate to be that guy... but they keep hyping how fast the MP is, in this press release they call it "VERY FAST"... But the video certainly doesn't show that. Looks middling.

Yeah the speed is nowhere near the TURBO speed which was kind of mandatory in MP Doom1/2. I fully expect some kind of console or server command which would up the movement speed in some way. Still, it looks faster than 90% of the MP shooters released these days. I don't want to prejudge it because it certainly looks like the best game iD has made since Quake3, I just hope it plays great too. More worrying than the movement speed, which as I said I believe will be something that can be set serverside are the weapons. In particular the BFG and the SSG, which should be the best guns in the game, but should require a ton of skill to use, just like in Doom1 and 2. Still with today's ADHD generation and their utter inability to play anything without major hand-holding, hoping for classic oldschool guns and mechanics is probably hoping too much...

This comment was edited on Mar 10, 2016, 11:29.

I have a nifty blue line!

26. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 09:45 Suppa7

Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 21:17:
Enh I dunno. Something sorta off about it? Not hating it, but not loving it either.

The movement is off. The movement is a lot slower than doom and that effects the feel of the game.

Toxikk has better feel if we're going by the trailer footage.

25. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 09:33 Zombie13

)

This comment was edited on Jul 22, 2016, 08:50.

24. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 09:16 Acleacius

ZzzzOoooMmmmGggg, can't wait to see the greatest engine ever created, for the next five years! Mwahaha

Not only that, how can we all wait to hear what the god of creation has to say. We can only hope to find out how awesome he and his engine is going to be and why it runs like crap for the next 5 years till there's hardware to run his super awesome design! I'm swooning with anticipation! Faint

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

23. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 08:04 rawbelly

djinn wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 03:57:
Doesn't seem fast at all. Maybe I'm stuck int he past?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE5b_cTZzBw

This.

22. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 07:32 Bub

Is it just me or is this demo way out of focus and fuzzy?

And whats with making armor marines look like hospital orderlies?

What's old becomes new again, just a bit more dumbed down each time.
Been there done that, don't see anything here that is an improvement on Quake, Unreal Tournament, Tribes, etc.

==================================================
Bubb Stubbley
... I miss BBS..
"There is a sucker born every minute." - PT Barnum
==================================================

21. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 07:26 djinn

ViRGE wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 05:01:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE5b_cTZzBw The unnaturally wide FoV of that Q3 recording makes it look faster than it is.

Yep I'm aware of that, but even still. Do a side by side comparison of the Doom vid (at 20s or 34s) and this. https://youtu.be/PcbpIntnG8c?t=53 which is a more comparable fov.

Not even close. Even without strafe jumping. I guess they're calling it quick relative to contemporary games though.

20. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 06:25 maddog

Looks like a COD game...albeit with a rail gun and devil guy.

Meh.

19. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 06:05 Ozmodan

Just another half baked shooter, certainly is not anything like the original doom.

Definite that I will skip it. Putting demons in armor with guns is way over the top and very anti-doom.

The entire point of Doom was the scarey ugly monsters, you hide that in armor and give them guns you completely lose that atmosphere.

All I can say is, the dev team blew it big time!!!!

18. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 05:51 Suppa7

No it's definitely slower than doom. If you are going to do an fps you really need to get the feel of movement right.

17. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 05:01 ViRGE

Overon wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 23:59:
Why does it remind me of Halo?
The multi-colored armor.

The unnaturally wide FoV of that Q3 recording makes it look faster than it is.

16. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 03:57 djinn

15. Re: DOOM Closed Beta This Month; New MP Trailer Mar 10, 2016, 01:19 Cutter

Techie714 © wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 23:47:
Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 21:17:
Enh I dunno. Something sorta off about it? Not hating it, but not loving it either.

Yea, that's a surprise....

One of the resident trolls trolling for trolling sake. Yea, that's a surprise.... Rolleyes

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo