Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Far Cry Primal Released

UbiBlog announces the release of Far Cry Primal, the latest/earliest installment in the shooter series. They celebrate the news with a new trailer, and this article discussing the game's look, and what went into designing it. Here's the announcement:
Itís been a long week since Far Cry Primal arrived on consoles, but the flame of prehistoric warfare has at last been brought to PC. Starting today, PC gamers can now delve into the savage land of Oros as shaggy prehistoric hunter Takkar, whether youíre rolling with custom hardware or an off-the-shelf rig. (Click here to see if your machine meets the requirements.)

Far Cry Primal redefines the Far Cry experience, replacing guns with clubs, arrows and spears that need to be crafted from materials found throughout the world. Youíll learn to wield fire and conquer enemy settlements while defending your scattered tribe Ė the Wenja Ė against two rivals, the brutish Udam and the advanced Izila. And youíll be able to bend hulking prehistoric predators to your will, turning them into constant companions that will help you hunt, fight and even carry you on their backs.

You can start exploring the land of Oros right now by ordering the digital edition of Far Cry Primal. In addition to the standard edition, itís also available as the Apex Edition, which comes with a bevy of extras, including three bonus missions in which youíll play as a mammoth.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Far Cry Primal Released Mar 3, 2016, 08:32 Mercenar

seriously ?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Far Cry Primal Released Mar 3, 2016, 08:16 Beamer

Mercenar wrote on Mar 3, 2016, 08:06:
My post on the official forums about the graphical downgrade (aliens colonial marines feeling here) :

link

The fur looks identical. The only real difference I notice is the bump mapping on the nose, but that could just be the lighting.

Post more comparisons.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

25. Re: Far Cry Primal Released Mar 3, 2016, 08:06 Mercenar

My post on the official forums about the graphical downgrade (aliens colonial marines feeling here) :

link

24. Re: Far Cry Primal Released Mar 2, 2016, 13:33 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 12:27:
Division is the same thing. Ubisoft just nakes the exact same game over and over for each of its IP with only artwork and story changing. It's played out and I'm terribly bored with it. I'll buy these games on a ddeep discount sure, but $10 is the limit on them for me.

Well good news is with VR right around the corner freshness will once again grace your tired eyes.

23. Re: Far Cry Primal Released Mar 2, 2016, 12:27 Cutter

Primalchrome wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 10:37:
I was very skeptical...then I watched a few streams....now I know it sucks. "Go kill this, protect the tribe." "Go kill that, protect the tribe." "Go kill this other tribe, protect the tribe." Horribly boring and repetitive. Gameplay and mechanics did not look interesting in the least. I wouldn't pick it up even if it were on sale for $5. It's not the money...it's one of those games that I'm pretty sure I would regret every minute of my life I'd wasted on it.

Division is the same thing. Ubisoft just nakes the exact same game over and over for each of its IP with only artwork and story changing. It's played out and I'm terribly bored with it. I'll buy these games on a ddeep discount sure, but $10 is the limit on them for me.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

22. Re: Far Cry Primal Released Mar 2, 2016, 10:37 Primalchrome

I was very skeptical...then I watched a few streams....now I know it sucks. "Go kill this, protect the tribe." "Go kill that, protect the tribe." "Go kill this other tribe, protect the tribe." Horribly boring and repetitive. Gameplay and mechanics did not look interesting in the least. I wouldn't pick it up even if it were on sale for $5. It's not the money...it's one of those games that I'm pretty sure I would regret every minute of my life I'd wasted on it.  

21. Re: Far Cry Primal Released Mar 2, 2016, 09:45 christheshitter

Really who will buy this POS?  

20. Re: Far Cry Primal Released Mar 2, 2016, 07:03 Beamer

nin wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 00:44:
fujiJuice wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 00:28:
I am no longer buying these template based game franchises. Always the same experience, and they design the core game to be so vanilla to ease in the repackaging, that everything ends up disjointed. Side quests, npcs, and environment don't flow well with the main story line or game world, and it all just seems so very generic and bland in the end despite the top of the line tech.

I know that reusing tech for different games is nothing new, but it feels like it's become more of an assembly line than a canvas.

Absolutely. They update for the next year, and push it out the door. UBI and EA are particularly guilty of this...

It was a shorter time between this and other FC games of this type, and the main people behind the others didn't do this, so we'll probably get a FC5 next year, but it will probably be a much bigger change.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

19. Re: Far Cry Primal Released Mar 2, 2016, 04:25 Moog

Steele Johnson wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 01:32:
This one has Steam sale written all over it.
From the gameplay/reviews I've watched, not even in a sale!

18. Re: Far Cry Primal Released Mar 2, 2016, 03:56 Numinar

I scored a PS4 copy. Heard it was a bit thin so set it to the highest difficulty setting and now I get eaten by bears and sabertoohed kittens and the forest is really scary now. Really enjoying the atmosphere and gameplay but then again I'm not burnt out on this awesome series somehow. Wish there was a way to keep the UI hidden without crippling my ability to find materials to craft things. I've been toggling the minimap and highlights on and off as needed but they really should have had an inteligent minimalist setting that manages that for you.  

17. Re: Far Cry Primal Released Mar 2, 2016, 02:48 Jerykk

GinRummy wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 01:30:
What a bunch of negative nancies, most of whom haven't even tried it. I am enjoying the hell out of this game so far on the PC. It runs great and plays a lot like a Far Cry game despite the setting. Excuse me while I go back to playing.

That's the problem. It's a cool and unique setting that feels wasted on the tired Far Cry formula. It probably would have been better off as a new, original IP that wasn't beholden to the structure and mechanics of Far Cry.

16. Re: Far Cry Primal Released Mar 2, 2016, 01:54 DangerDog

Needs more Sleestak's  

15. Re: Far Cry Primal Released Mar 2, 2016, 01:32 Steele Johnson

This one has Steam sale written all over it.  

"I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol is a guy nailed to two pieces of wood." - George Carlin

14. Re: Far Cry Primal Released Mar 2, 2016, 01:30 GinRummy

What a bunch of negative nancies, most of whom haven't even tried it. I am enjoying the hell out of this game so far on the PC. It runs great and plays a lot like a Far Cry game despite the setting. Excuse me while I go back to playing.  

13. Re: Far Cry Primal Released Mar 2, 2016, 00:44 nin

fujiJuice wrote on Mar 2, 2016, 00:28:
I am no longer buying these template based game franchises. Always the same experience, and they design the core game to be so vanilla to ease in the repackaging, that everything ends up disjointed. Side quests, npcs, and environment don't flow well with the main story line or game world, and it all just seems so very generic and bland in the end despite the top of the line tech.

I know that reusing tech for different games is nothing new, but it feels like it's become more of an assembly line than a canvas.

Absolutely. They update for the next year, and push it out the door. UBI and EA are particularly guilty of this...

12. Re: Far Cry Primal Released Mar 2, 2016, 00:39 Hellcinder

I've been playing this since last July. Its called Ark Survival Evolved. And that one has Dinosaurs and creatures.  

11. Re: Far Cry Primal Released Mar 2, 2016, 00:28 fujiJuice

10. Re: Far Cry Primal Released Mar 1, 2016, 22:53 Total-Khaos

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 22:05:
yep...ill pass on this as well...

Yep, it is a 10,000 year old turd in the making.

9. Re: Far Cry Primal Released Mar 1, 2016, 22:05 xXStellarDadXx

yep...ill pass on this as well...  

I love Fortnite..keeps thy little kids out of thy good games...

8. Re: Far Cry Primal Released Mar 1, 2016, 21:54 JeffD

Ranger55 wrote on Mar 1, 2016, 21:26:
Far Cry without guns? No thanks. Looks like it should have been an Ass Creed title instead.

I think the weapon system is fine, maybe be a little more battlefield resourceful, like being able to use/throw anything you can fine, kind of like in a real life situation. I def would not want it as a sneak game. However it really should have stepped up its lack basicness with far more story, more NPCs, a bigger social structure, clan vs clan battles, ect.

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >